EZA disrespectful to PC gaming show.

• I don't know if any of you guys the EZA "coverage" of the PC gaming show. But the start was very disrespectful they had it muted and they keepted talking over the show about another show that just finished also some of the allies members would not have thier headsets on so that show they didn't want to hear or even care. Just keepted blah blah. Did you guys think it was a bit disrespectful ?

• They did the same with Devolver, and i personally don't mind it. I mean, they did it because they haven't finished talking about the previous conference. I get what you're saying but i wouldn't go that far.

• @bam541 said in EZA disrespectful to PC gaming show.:

They did the same with Devolver, and i personally don't mind it. I mean, they did it because they haven't finished talking about the previous conference. I get what you're saying but i wouldn't go that far.

I kind of understand but think they should wait till all of the shows are done for the day and then talk about them. That's why they take notes for.

• Global Moderator

I dont really see the issue. They wrapped up each show after they were done whilst its fresh in mind and score it. PC will also take a bit of a backseat as the allies mainly are console gamers. They did similar with Devolver which was pre recorded.

I dont mean to sound nonchalant here, but if you were really interested in the PC conference its possible to open up a new tab and watch the PC until the allies are done for then switching back.

• Global Moderator

Just moving to Comments & Feedback.

On the topic itself. It's just a scheduling thing. There was a lot in Ubisoft and not much time between the conferences. It wasn't too long ago that the PC Gaming show was on during other conferences so it hopefully we'll just keep getting better scheduling from them.

• @lotias said in EZA disrespectful to PC gaming show.:

I dont really see the issue. They wrapped up each show after they were done whilst its fresh in mind and score it. PC will also take a bit of a backseat as the allies mainly are console gamers. They did similar with Devolver which was pre recorded.

I dont mean to sound nonchalant here, but if you were really interested in the PC conference its possible to open up a new tab and watch the PC until the allies are done for then switching back.

I didn't like the over talking on the show and it muted so I just ended up leaving and watch the official show. Just cuz they are mostly console gamers doesn't excuse the disrespect towards the show and the EZA viewer's that are PC gamers. I know for sure Brad, Huber, Benn, and Blood are PC gamers. I use to play games with Benn all the time on PC so that's why watching this at first dispointed me :(

• They just finished watching it, they missed the beginning because of Ubi's but still managed to get the majority of it, and they even scored it around ~7.5/10, better than most other conferences.
    Also they said PC Gamer is not a developer or publisher, so I think it's reasonable they're not too hyped on it, but still after today I expect they take it more seriously from now on.

• Global Moderator

They weren't being disrespectful they just needed to finish their Ubisoft post show and they put their headphones on and watched each trailer that was shown at PC until they finished the post show. They watched a majority of the PC show and enjoyed it. Anyone who was missing the beginning commentary could have opened the PC stream until they finished with their scheduled post show.

• It's not their strong. I don't come to the Allies for PC Gaming news. Same as Kinda Funny

• It's a pretty interesting problem honestly. They want to give their impressions of the show they just saw while its fresh, but missing another conference isn't great. You can largely blame Ubisoft for going 90 minutes long, something they certainly didn't expect, and for the PC Show slotting so tightly between other shows. (Ubisoft started at 1PM, PC Show at 3PM)

if they skipped right to the PC Gaming Show, then people would be equally complaining that we didn't get to hear their post-ubisoft discussion.

This would be a great discussion Cup of Jones-style, though I'd like to hear Kyle's open thoughts on it. Picking between live reactions and post-show discussion is tough. I'd argue that EZA's post-show discussion is something that very few outlets do and a unique advantage. Doesn't take the sting away from not getting Huber+Ben's reactions to playing as a shark in Man Eater.

Some open communication from the Allies after E3 would be great. We're going to see more complaints and issues with their day 1 to 3 discussions. Spending 30-45 minutes on one game, and then 10 minutes on another, I remember it pretty well from last year. If Blood/Kyle acknowledged that they have very short time, say they'll cover X game more in depth later, or any sort of communication acknowledging the situation it will do a great deal to help.

• I agree with previous speaker, i think the pc show needs a new slot. Why not 3 hours after EA?
    That said i love the pc show, day9 is amazing and it keeps getting better and better, year after year.
    But it's still not as major as say Ubisoft, and i would rather listen to the allies impressions directly after a conference.