Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4/XBO/PC)

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey takes place in ancient Greece, and it looks absolutely beautiful! Much like the excellent Origins with its side quests, this one, too, approaches those RPG waters with dialogue trees debuting in the series. You can choose whether you want to play as man or woman, Alexios or Kassandra. AC Odyssey is coming October 5th, 2018 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

I am so in, this looks really good. Granted, a lot seems to be recycled straight from Origins, which is a bit disappointing, but then again... That game was tailor-made for me, I loved it so much. My favourite AC and actually my GOTY 2017, now that I think about it. So more of that in new and gorgeous environments together with all the new additions sounds excellent. And I'll 100 % play as Kassandra. :)

• Im really excited. The further from Assassin's Creed and closer to an action/adventure rpg these games get, the better in my opinion. I love the setting, lack of white robes and what sounds like some amount of choice in your character's story so I'll probably be getting this one. I'd still like to play Origins.. hopefully I can get to it before this comes out.

I'm happy to be interested in the series again.. after the first the gameplay got really stale for me and I was unable to finish 2 or 3 after being drawn in by the setting. I can't wait to jump back in

• Here's a huuuuuuuge preview from Kotaku's Stephen Totilo, a known AC fan.
    https://kotaku.com/everything-we-learned-about-assassin-s-creed-odyssey-af-1826721186

Holy shit, that all sounds good! So much more than the E3 videos could tell. I love the fact that you can customize the character a way more now. And with those dialogue trees come the chances to lie to people and to romance them, yes. :) And the modern day story returns in a big way, yes. Though also optional, I understand. If you're interested in the game and liked Origins, please read all that. It got me even more excited in a big way.

• Looks good.

• Just going to crosspost my comment from the reaction thread!

@chocobop said in Ubisoft E3 Discussion. News, Predictions, Reactions, etc.:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey baby. d(>_・ ) Swimming in these vibes. I love studying everything about the history of Ancient Greece so hard but there are never any good games about the period!! (God of War being one great example obviously, but it's focused on Greek mythology and mostly removes itself from the actual Greek people).

But this game? Playing as a mercenary who is descended from King Leonidas, and being able to fight in battles alongside Spartan shields? Sign. Me. Up.

I just rewatched 300 twice last month too!

• It had a really good showing. Love the choice of main characters. For the first time in a long while I'm actually tempted to play that one!

• I want to Sparta kick EVERYONE

• Oh man, this new structure sounds even better than last year's. These isolated smaller stories, which fits perfectly to the Greek islands. The RPG elements sound really neat, the way you can choose what to do first and what then in those situations, and have the impacts of the dialogue choices also in the mix. Tragedies ahead.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-11-three-hours-with-assassins-creed-odyssey

• I saw a demo video where Kassandra was romancing Kyra. I... didn't think that'd be possible. I'm even more in, yeah. :)

Vice versa, there should be some boy love then as well. And after all, that wasn't too uncommon in Sparta etc.

• I never took an real interest in the AC series before. I played the first game (which i liked), the one on the PSP (pretty good game), and AC 3 (i absolutely hated it). Origins looks more interesting to me, but i still skipped it just because i had a bad feeling about it. But now that there's a romance system in this game i'm actually kinda intrigued to try it, that addition (and the fact that you have more freedom with your character in general) makes it an anomaly in the franchise, one which i welcome. I hope they execute those ideas well enough in the main game.

• The main theme is out. It paints an enticing picture.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legend of the Eagle Bearer (Main Theme) | The Flight

Youtube Video

• "Watch the first episode of "Behind The Odyssey!" In this episode, our developers discuss how the player's choices make big changes that determine how your Odyssey is written!"

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Ep. 1 - RPG Mechanics | Behind the Odyssey | Ubisoft [NA]
    Youtube Video

• No new AC in 2019. Instead, we'll see Odyssey getting DLC stories. Which I'm okay with, as with Origins it worked well and l Iiked returning to Bayek after a while.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-22-assassins-creed-will-take-a-year-off-in-2019

• because in 2019 there will be watch dogs 3 and maybe annualization of far cry.

• @b-cell Far Cry hasn't been an annual series, I don't think they'd release a new one after only a year. Watch Dogs 3, on the other hand, I'd welcome in an instant. WD2 was really good.

• @sentinel-beach Yeah Ubisoft has been pretty against series annualization since AC Syndicate shit the bed. Clearly making the push into games as a service.

• Renaissance Italy still blows my mind from AC II. Now I really want to try Ancient Greece. I don't know what else I could want more than those two settings. Glad it's happening at a time when the developers are crafting a more interesting game than they had been in the past.

• @sentinel-beach
    I'll give WD3 a shot, was pleasantly surprised by WD2 as it basically improved on everything from the first game and I feel that it gave the franchise a bit or of a identity then the first presented.

Although I'm calling it now the 2020 game will be Assassins Creed Ragnarok and be about Vikings.

• @dmcmaster said in Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4/XBO/PC):

@sentinel-beach

Although I'm calling it now the 2020 game will be Assassins Creed Ragnarok and be about Vikings.

Until this moment I would have said I wanted the next game to be Japan... but now I will be disappointed if you aren't right. I'd love to play a stealthy viking.

• @dipset Been listening to the Ezio trilogy soundtrack lately. Jesper Kyd is godlike. The soundtrack for those games really elevated the experience.