Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4/XBO/PC)

• Story Creator Mode announced, and the wonderful Discovery Tour arrives to Greece "this fall". Nice!
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/10/assassins-creed-odyssey-story-creator-mode-discovery-tour-announced-e3-2019

• Discovery Tour has evolved from the one in Origins: now there seems to be guiding characters involved, and better yet, quiz tests about the tour you just took!

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Discovery Tour Teaser
    Youtube Video

• Nice, less than two weeks to go.

• Started the final DLC chapter today, and this environment is my favourite of the three. It's as pretty as Elysium, sort of, but in addition it has water as an element all around in a great fashion. Also really lovable dolphin statues all over the place. I feel welcome here. The map is a circle divided into these island portions which also pleases me somehow. It's easy to investigate one and move on to the next, which is what I've been doing now first. There are also a couple of collectable side missions that'll be completed this way early on. Didn't really do more than more missions yet so that side is still unclear, but I reckon this'll be a good one.

• The end wasn't that satisfying in Atlantis, I feel. It also came somewhat abruptly, I thought there'd still be some more plot development ahead. I mean I liked the premiss of this third part and what it presented as the main scenario, but a few more story missions wouldn't have hurt it at all.

• History lessons next week! So many tours coming, I reckon.

• Ubi's September update tells that there'll be 30 different tours. That seems like a good number, I think Origins had the same amount. Now there will be short quizzes after each tour asking you about what you just heard. Really cool! :)

• There was a videogame exhibit at our local science centre last summer and it had the Origins tour set up. It was actually really neat how they use the game as a teaching tool. My students mostly climbed and slid down pyramids though. :/

• I have been playing this for about 2 months and I think it might have moved pretty far up my 2018 GOTY list. I really enjoy the direction they have taken AC.

• Oh man, the Discovery Mode is absolutely awesome again! There'll be so many new hours to the game now, all of them educational (even more so than the main game). The first tour was on Akropolis as a sort of tutorial, took about half an hour to finish. Now I know for instance that people worshipped Athene all the way to year 590 which means practically a millennium!

There are 30 tours like stated before, but wait! There's more! The world is also full of Discovery Sites which offer additional information about many, many more buildings, places, myths, people etc. They are violet ones and the map has SOOOO MANY of them. Discovery Sites are always in text form unlike the tours that have narration. The tours do have, however, also a Learn More option with the same kind of information text. And they all have archeological photos in addition and stuff like that.

When you complete tours and Discovery Sites you unlock little by little new avatars you can freely use. For example I unlocked Pythagoras after the first tour. You also unlock new horses in same manner (quite special ones, too).

And as a new thing there's now a first person mode. That was a surpise.

I really love the peace the Discovery Mode offers to the world. Everything's much calmer and things seem somehow prettier, perhaps because the UI is much more minimal in this mode. You can just relax and walk around and every now and then decide to learn more about, say, ancient Greece's theater.