Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC)

• Resident Evil 2 Remake is coming baby! January 25, 2019. Start counting the days.

Press Conference Reveal Trailer:
    Youtube Video

We knew already that it would have a new camera/control system. And while it is hard to say to what degree, I'm thinking the level/enemy layouts and so on are going to be new too.

• THIS gonna be good, and in January too with DMC5 not long after

• There's already a second trailer. Lots more familiar moments in this one:

Youtube Video

• 0_1528781126599__20180612_082512.JPG

Just wanted to share this journalistic brain fart... At least I hope it's a brain fart or something like that..

Now that's out of the way, I am hyped. Hopefully it will be faithful remake. And hopefully they'll deliver RE3 relatively soon after this one.

• Forbes should only let Erik Kain write about games.

While I would have prefered static camera like the original this just looks so good, I want it.

• Looking good. this was best game shown at sony conference which was disaster.

• I never played 2, so this is going to be a hell of a treat!

• @jipostus LOL. "Chris" slimmed down a lot in between games. And he got younger.

Being attacked by zombies is the new fountain of youth.

Pretty hyped for this game. Leon and Claire both look pretty awesome. Can't wait

• This just became one of my favorite E3s .Both remake 2 and dmc5 were games i craved for years..YEARS!!

So happy :‘).2019 is going to be so fun!

• For posterity, we need to have the clips of Huber's reactions in this thread:

Resident Evil 2 - Easy Allies Reactions - E3 2018
    Youtube Video

~

Resident Evil 2 (Trailer 2) - Easy Allies Reactions - E3 2018
    Youtube Video

• @black-cell
    And how was it a disaster, not like you'll really give a answer anyway

• @dmcmaster said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

@black-cell
    And how was it a disaster, not like you'll really give a answer anyway

TLOU2 graphically looks nice. but gameplay wise it looks awful. looks like rise of tomb raider.

Spiderman looks like arkham rip off with QTE

Death stranding is just shiny CGI with no gameplay

I was hoping for good remedy game like max payne or alan wake but what we got is quantum break spin off with female protagonist with same recyle gameplay of QB.

nothing was good. except RE2 remake.

RE2 remake looks great and win the conference. a multiplatform game is best game of sony conference.

• Disaster is too strong of a word.

• @black-cell said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

TLOU2 graphically looks nice. but gameplay wise it looks awful. looks like rise of tomb raider.

We need to see someone demo it who hasn't played the level 100 times. For having scripted mess ups, it was also heavily scripted recovery.

Spiderman looks like arkham rip off with QTE

The "Arkham" part is an extremely small, probably early bit of the game, and as much as I'm usually against heavy QTE leaning, using QTE challenges to represent your Spidey Sense, giving you an edge in combat as it starts is probably the most appropriate QTE implementation in any game ever. I'm much more worried about those OP special attacks you charge up to, but I'm wondering if they just set the bar to charge way faster for the sake of demo.

Death stranding is just shiny CGI with no gameplay

I'm very excited for stealth courier action in an interesting world. Lots of people dug FFXV just for the road trip vibes, and I dig Death Stranding for the tense journey through a harsh world vibes.

nothing was good. except RE2 remake

How can you not even mention Ghost of Tsushima? That game was insanely beautiful. That's what I'm most hyped for of the whole bunch now, even though the story of the clash with your ally did very little for me, but who cares cause it was a great showcase of how you'll clash in that world against skilled opponents while the beautiful battlefields evolve around you.

The only disaster about it was how the venue swap was handled and them blowing trailers before E3 that could've been fun reveals to kill time during the swap. But anyways, this is an RE2R thread. Don't have much to say about that other than it looked great, and I'm happy for Huber and all the other fans.

• @mbun

forgot about ghost of tsuchima.

It looks best sony title. so much better than last of us 2. but still nothing special imo. just another open world action game.

• Now i really want them to remake RE3.

• This is looking way better than I was expecting it to be! They've managed to directly tap into my nostalgia gland and made the game feel like a perfect modern take on the RE2 locations

• @a7x458 If this sells good enough they will, eventually.

• RE3 is the only one of the early games that really could use a remake too. I went back and played RE2 and 3 last year and RE2 still feels as good as ever. RE3 doesn’t have as well thought out of a world and I generally found it to be more aimless.

I’d expect the remake for RE3 to be an overhaul.