Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC)

• I'm going a lot slower than I though just because I'm pretty busy at the moment and Apex Legends got the better of me.

However I did complete the Leon A campaign yesterday (Just under 7 hours, B grade) and oh man did I love it.

I think the thing I specifically love is still how much of a puzzle RE feels like. You have the zombies which are the lowest denominator. Decided which windows to board up or whether to shoot them and knife them is the early part. Then the Licker is thrown into the mix to really get things intense in those moments and then what I love is having Mr.X who really just adds that extra little bit of chaos to rooms that were totally manageable before but now he has forced you into making decisions.

One issue I did have is a scene with Ada late on in the A campaign. I'm sure most people know.

Where she falls off. I just wish they had done it a little differently to the original game or what would have been a nice touch is if she had a grapple hook in her inventory. Just because the fall just looks insane and in that situation, I'm not sure she'd just hold on for that long just to pretend she's dead to Leon

Haven't started Claire B yet but definitely looking forward to it.

• I think it’s taking me so long because I started the game on hardcore mode or whatever it’s called.

Congrats on the plat. I think my roommate is gonna try to get the plat as well.

• I'm about 1h30 in and mannn is this game stressful, but in a good way. I catch myself talking to myself out loud for reassurance. It's probably going to take me longer than average to finish the game given how slowly I'm going.

Loving it though!

• Finished a standard run at 1:09. I know I can do a sub 1 hour run, just need to re-evaluate my route.

• Banned

Reached the Ada chapter yesterday night. I've never played the original, but I wish I had switched to the classic soundtrack sooner. New one is just so bland.

• Got infinite knife. Also learned you can't cheese a section even if you cleaned the area beforehand at one point.
    Need to re-evaluate some things before trying hardcore S+ run again and not have less than 8 minutes when I'm not even on a final fight.

• @tearju-engi said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

Got infinite knife. Also learned you can't cheese a section even if you cleaned the area beforehand at one point.
    Need to re-evaluate some things before trying hardcore S+ run again and not have less than 8 minutes when I'm not even on a final fight.

The only room I'd personally recommend 'setting up' is the library, even if you just incapacitate the three zombies by taking one leg off, but finishing them all off with the knife is recommended.

• @sheria yeah. I always do that after knowing it beyond 1st playthrough. I was thinking more about Leon's scenario where it doesn't matter even if you "clean" the whole area

• DlC is out

Youtube Video

• Banned

Is Mister X gonna follow me through the entire Claire campaign? Irritating.

Rather disappointed with how lazy this feels in comparison to the Leon campaign.

• @ezekiel 2nd run is like that whether you picked Claire or Leon. More time with Mr. X.

• @tearju-engi
    Although as a fyi once you get a a point in the sewers where it loops back to the police station. You'll have more zombies, and Lickers but no Mr.X

• @ezekiel said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

Is Mister X gonna follow me through the entire Claire campaign? Irritating.

No, not at all. He de-spawns initially when you enter the secret area after using the three medallions. He'll then show up as he did in campaign A and only disappear when you get the car park card. Unlike Leon actually, you wont see him again at all for the rest of the game.

• @axel Then here is your time to beat. My first run through Leon A took me roughly 9 hours, lol.

• @minamik I just finished it today and it took me 10 hours haha! Loved it though, I'll do a Claire 2nd run very soon.

I watched a 54 minutes speedrun right afterwards and felt very inadequate!

• Apparently theres a 4th Ghost Survivor story when you beat the other 3

• @axel I was able to do much better after that first run, but yeah, I'm more like a Kyle playing these games. I like to take my time, see the sights, and am cautious to the point of it probably seeming ridiculous. You shoulda seen me playing Zombie U, haha.

• It's definitely worth at least putting in the effort for an S rank on standard though, cause going through with an infinite handgun is much more relaxing.

• Watched a guy on Twitch yesterday, called Orchlon, do Leon A Standard no saves in 54 minutes and 18 seconds. It's insane what these speedrunners can do. I'm just trying to get S+ on hardcore, and it's driving me nuts.

• Global Moderator

Yep I've been watching a lot of Carcinogen on twitch and he does no damage no save runs. I haven't bothered going for S+, finished Claire hardcore and did her S playthrough on standard going for the last two notes I needed on 2nd run. Almost done with my Leon Hardcore S run and then I just need to get through Hunk and the dlc for trophies. Using the infinite pistol is very satisfying. I took my time on my Claire HC run and just killed everything with it haha.