Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC)

• @axel I was able to do much better after that first run, but yeah, I'm more like a Kyle playing these games. I like to take my time, see the sights, and am cautious to the point of it probably seeming ridiculous. You shoulda seen me playing Zombie U, haha.

• It's definitely worth at least putting in the effort for an S rank on standard though, cause going through with an infinite handgun is much more relaxing.

• Watched a guy on Twitch yesterday, called Orchlon, do Leon A Standard no saves in 54 minutes and 18 seconds. It's insane what these speedrunners can do. I'm just trying to get S+ on hardcore, and it's driving me nuts.

• Global Moderator

Yep I've been watching a lot of Carcinogen on twitch and he does no damage no save runs. I haven't bothered going for S+, finished Claire hardcore and did her S playthrough on standard going for the last two notes I needed on 2nd run. Almost done with my Leon Hardcore S run and then I just need to get through Hunk and the dlc for trophies. Using the infinite pistol is very satisfying. I took my time on my Claire HC run and just killed everything with it haha.

• Banned

Was the Sherry sequence in the original? I feel like something so shitty and scripted and involving trial and error wouldn't be in a 1998 game.

• Sherry sequence was in 1998. Don't remember having any issues with it back then. I still haven't played Claire scenario in the new game.

• Banned

Oh, I thought I was supposed to grab it off him, but I was just supposed to wait until he hangs it on the doorknob. Not fond of how scripted it is.

• Sherry had a sequence in the original, but it wasn't anything like what you see here, in fact she had to contend with enemies in the original. Despite the departure, I didn't mind the Sherry segment all that much though; My biggest issues with Sherry were that, for one, you're forced into a scripted sequence, and therefore it's the only part of the game where you, the player, are no longer in control of the speed of your run. Secondly, I just don't like how much it took from The Evil Within. There's no denying that the sneaking up on Irons shadow while old fashioned music plays isn't ripped directly from the aforementioned series.

• alt text

So just completed clarie 2nd run. its almost same. almost.

• Banned

@b-cell It's a little odd for you to be complaining so much about the game when you've been save-scumming.

Kind of hoping they remake Dino Crisis next. I never finished it.

• Banned

@sheria said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

Sherry had a sequence in the original, but it wasn't anything like what you see here, in fact she had to contend with enemies in the original. Despite the departure, I didn't mind the Sherry segment all that much though; My biggest issues with Sherry were that, for one, you're forced into a scripted sequence, and therefore it's the only part of the game where you, the player, are no longer in control of the speed of your run. Secondly, I just don't like how much it took from The Evil Within. There's no denying that the sneaking up on Irons shadow while old fashioned music plays isn't ripped directly from the aforementioned series.

I wouldn't know about the music. I've been playing the original soundtrack since the Ada chapter in Leon's campaign. Whenever I switch back to the new soundtrack, it's bland.

• @ezekiel Lol, I thought the same, 53 saves is abusive but the eza motto is "Play how you want to play"

• My roommate gives me shit for saving to much and we did hardcore mode with under 20 saves easy.

I thought I was bad.

• Banned

Guys guys don't make fun of him. Stop being such big meanies. Bad things might happen to you.

• Fucking hell 53 saves? You only play in 3 minute spurts or something?

• Game allow me to save many times i want. whats the problem? maybe i have to left game in emergency. or something.

• I finished my first Leon run with 73 saves! I was so stressed I saved after every little thing I did.

For my Claire second run I'll aim under 50, I promise ;)

• Banned

alt text

I call shenanigans. That's what I get for exploring and trying to be thorough, a worse score than B-Cell with a third of the saves.

• For once I agree with BCell. There's no shame in saving a bunch. You never know what's gonna happen.

• I found it auto saved so much on Standard that there was little to no point to manual saves, and as long as you load instead of hitting continue, it doesn't count the time lost towards your total time.

I've done S+ runs for all scenarios on Standard and Hardcore and unlocked all the Tofu's. Still not sick of it though lol.