Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC)

• @zombieproof yeah, i thought RE4 was bloody enough for me... holy hell this game goes above and beyond any RE game i've seen. I'm kinda grateful they chose over-the-sholder, all the details will be right in your face because of it.

• Damn, Birkin looks like an intense battle, and I like that most of the supporting cast is getting more fleshed out. Curious to see if Robert Kendo does more then die.

• @dmcmaster said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

Damn, Birkin looks like an intense battle, and I like that most of the supporting cast is getting more fleshed out. Curious to see if Robert Kendo does more then die.

I think that's pretty much guaranteed. Did you know though that there's additional animations in the original RE2 that indicates that they originally had plans for Kendo to be a companion for a while?

• @sheria
    Yeah I've seen the RE1.5 stuff regarding Kendo.

• Does not look good tbh.

• REPOST FROM "THAT'S NEWS":

RESIDENT EVIL 2 "ONE SHOT" DEMO LAUNCHES ON PS4 THIS FRIDAY

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/01/resident_evil_2_1-shot_demo_lurches_onto_ps4_this_week

You have 30-minutes to complete the demo before it becomes inaccessible. I've never felt this way for a video game in a very very long time, but my excitement is visible and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

My roommate is going to have the demo prepped for when I finish work on Friday. We're going to play the RE2 demo, then switch onto PS3 to do one full scenario of Resident Evil 2 in preparation for January 25th.

• Friendly wager: once you complete Leon's and Claire's campaign, you unlock Jill's campaign as well.

• @churchy
    Nope, although I've heard there might be special Epilogue moments for Leon and Claire recreating the Village of RE4, and the opening encounter of Code Veronica
    Besides RE3 is getting it's own REmake

• In an era of monotnous padding in open world games, unnecessary weapon and skill progression in mostly linear action games, I'm glad RE2 has two scenarios confirmed giving the game an extra reason to play through it while omitting the aforementioned padding that other games have.

I'll happily take secret levels and scenarios, but I'm satisfied with just the two that are confirmed. It brings me back to another time when we'd play these games over and over because we loved them and secrets were a bonus.

• @churchy dude!!

• @dipset said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

In an era of monotnous padding in open world games, unnecessary weapon and skill progression in mostly linear action games, I'm glad RE2 has two scenarios confirmed giving the game an extra reason to play through it while omitting the aforementioned padding that other games have.

I'll happily take secret levels and scenarios, but I'm satisfied with just the two that are confirmed. It brings me back to another time when we'd play these games over and over because we loved them and secrets were a bonus.

Well said.

• Just about to try this one shot demo, what an odd idea. Does anyone know if this thing has some sort of goal/end you can potentially reach in the 30 mins?

• Well, there is an "end".

Not an awful lot to say about it, it certainly plays very well and the shooting is solid. I think the overall area you play in is far too overwhelming for a 30 minute demo, you come across so many combination locks and puzzle locations that you're clearly not going to have the time to investigate them all properly.

I don't know if the difficulty was ramped up on purpose, but you get hurt very easily and the zombies are resilient as f***. I'm excited for the full release though, but I wouldn't want to play that demo again really, better to wait for the full thing.

• I just finished the demo. I also don’t have a lot to say about it. It plays well and is quite scary. The audio and graphics are great, especially the lighting. It feels familiar but not exact.

One question - what is Simplygon Studios? I don’t understand the tech or how it’s used. Their website has a bunch of mumbo jumbo I don’t understand, and when I google “Simplygon Studios Resident Evil 2” I get articles telling me RE Revelations 2 ususes Simplygon but it doesn’t explain what it is or how it’s used.

I’m curious, does anybody have insight?
    https://www.simplygon.com/

• @dipset
    Just doing a Wiki search, I think they made an engine upon which RE Engine and other game engines is built on.
    Think like the Gamebyro engine that Bethesda has used as a base for the Creation Engine, or Unreal.

• Finished the demo, you can damn near cut the tension it creates with a knife.

• @dmcmaster That's what I like to hear!

• When it comes to horror games I'm very much on Kyle's boat, these just aren't my thing. Or especially the ones like this remake now, which looks honestly super scary. Still, I'm intrigued by the whole project itself, and I'm eagerly waiting for that full playthrough with Huber and Kyle. I'll enjoy this that way.