Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC)

• @sheria said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

I've put a good 4 hours in now and I must say, they have done a really good job here.

Better than RE7??

• @b-cell said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

@sheria said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

I've put a good 4 hours in now and I must say, they have done a really good job here.

Better than RE7??

Maybe, or at least on par.

• I'd say its better, the atmosphere almost never let's up, only in save rooms do I feel any safety and the fact that zombies can bust thru doors certainly helps in keeping the tension up unlike 7 where all you had to do was close a door to escape the molded.

• Holy shit, Mr X is like the Terminator lol.

• @dmcmaster

You mean to tell me all I had to do was close doors on them....

-__-

I still have 6 more hours of work. I just wanna play RE2.

• @dipset
    Yeah, run thru a door, 180 turn and close it. They'll bang on it once or twice then disappear.
    Once I learned that I was able to save ammo like crazy and only killed molded in spots that were frequently traveled to (like the trailer save room)

• @dmcmaster

Good god I wish I knew that. Might go for the under 4 hour speed run trophy sometime soon.

• @dipset
    Btw it works on all difficulties only one of the DLCs can the molded open doors, which I think was the Zoe one.

• Just had my first encounter with Mr.X, was expecting it. Wasn't expecting him to burst thru the damn wall (even though I should have)
    If this is how tense I am with something slow chasing me, think I might shit myself if it was Nemesis barreling right at me at mock speed.

Kinda hate to say it but RE3Make might need a dodge mechanic like RE6 or Revalations 2.

• So I finished Leons campaign on Standard, 6 hours 52 mins. There's a lot to like, but also a fair few niggles. I'll have a fair bit to say, but want to wait until I've completed Claire.

• I'm probably halfway or 2/3 of Claire's campaign and I gotta say this is scariest RE I have played. Maybe too scary and that's why I need to take a break at times. I can expect some things in 2nd run that may confirm to me why some things in original I liked over this.

• This game is much more relentless than the originals. Also, I love how much Leon yaps

• @sheria said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

@b-cell said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

@sheria said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

Better than RE7??

Maybe, or at least on par.

atleast its better than RE4. a game i hate alot.

• Finished Claire's 1st run. Surprisingly hard game though I played really badly at times since I didn't try the demo.
    About 90 handgun and 8 magnum ammo and 2 herb mixes was what I have left on my consume inventory
    C for Claire since I saved a lot and took time to finish. 2-3 rooms left unfinished checking.

• Just finished Leon A scenario, gonna take a small break before hopping into Claire B.
    Afterwards should be able NG+ a Claire A/Leon B Scenario

• Scenario B felt a little...rushed to me. Disappointed with the few differences, reused puzzles and the overall lack of influence the first scenario has on the second.

3 hours 14 minutes and 1 save for Claire B. Played easy difficulty this time, but still got an S+ (not sure what the plus indicates yet) and also unlocked Hunk. Going by the original and other RE games, I shouldn't be able to get the highest rank playing on easy, let alone unlock 4th survivor. Oh well.

I want to speed run the exact same scenarios on Standard next, maybe even twice to get a solid and effective route along with committing all the puzzle solutions to memory. I'll try Hardcore difficulty then. I'm not really that interested in seeing Claire A/Leon B, I'd rather work on perfecting the ones I just did.

• Haven't started Claire's B scenario yet, but just sitting and thinking on the game. This feels more like the breath of Life RE needed when compared to RE7.
    Tension is high and hardly ever let's up except for the sparse few safe rooms, enemies are almost always a threat and reinforces picking what enemies are worth keeping alive, and which ones are worth killing.
    No cheap tactic with the enemies (molded couldn't open doors)
    The only part of the game that drags it down a bit is the big flesh room.

• @b-cell Why do you hate it?

• @dmcmaster said in Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC):

No cheap tactic with the enemies

All mine seem to work 95% of the time. All zombies on my second run now have been a simple pop to the head with the handgun while running in order to stun them, and then just going straight past them. Mr X lost all his threat when I realised it's just a case of running at him to bait the right hook, step back and then run past every time. The Lickers have their old tactic still work and will never follow you through a door, if you have a room with both zombies and lickers, you shoot the zombie and go through a door. The zombie will slowly burst through allowing for an easy kill or avoid and then your just free to walk on by.

RE2 is more my type of game, it retains way more of the traditional elements than either RE4 or RE7, that said RE7 was different and good enough in its own way that I have a hard time comparing them directly in terms of quality. In terms of tension, unfortunately both RE7 and now this lost it all once it came my second playthrough. I'm paused on the last boss at the moment, but this run had zero tension for me outside a little chaos on the bosses still.

• @el-shmiablo
    "It be follow trends, it no good shooty shoot game "