Yo where my GT community at?!

• I didn't know the GameTrailers team went off and formed a new website... I just heard about this site
    like 5mins ago, wtf.
    Anyone on these forums from the old GT community? I was a member from like 2006; wasn't very active, but I'd creep and read a lot of those topics.
    Once their site updated the whole community died and that's pretty much where I left off as well. Wasn't surprised when it finally shut down.
    Back in 2009ish their forums were BUMPIN', I definitely miss those days ;_;

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the party. It's always good to see people return to the fold.

If you want some history:
    The Allies themselves are mostly made up of later GT alums who were added to GT towards the end of it's golden age as part of a restructuring and shift towards shows and personality based content away from the hyper produced editorial content + exclusive hosted content of GT's golden years. After Shane Satterfield left and most of the staff was laid off at GT, the Allies are basically the majority of who was left at GT after corporate downsizing.

If you were a fan of Shane and invisible walls he went off to start his own site Siftd, which is a paid subscription aggregator site https://siftd.net/

If you've only just hopped on during the E3 hype train, welcome aboard. There are definitely a few veterans from the old Gametrailers days still wandering about. Most of them however moved on post-2012 when the infamous redesign hit to other boards like reddit, neogaf ( the latter of which partially imploded about a year ago) or other more close knit sites as part of the fallout from the removal of factions during the redesign. The EZA boards probably isn't the biggest locus of fans for the community but there's a dedicated group of folks here nonetheless.

• Global Moderator

Yeah, I'm still here since joining GT in '07 =)

Admittedly, I haven't been around modding as frequently since I've been busy with life; tough living on your own. But hey, good to see a fellow GT'er and yeah, '09 was freaking lit! I remember the hijinx during after E3 2009 I believe, where users including myself, were showing up as other users signed up in the upper left. There was a thread made discussing the glitch and as a result, friends were made that night. Definitely one of my favorite GT memories =)