YOUR Desire Index
Hey all, I decided to finally make a forum account and decided this would be my inaugural post, since I think the EZA desire index is one of the most fascinating concepts they have done. Anyway, here's my personal rankings.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice-it's Miyazaki's next game, has a samurai aesthetic and should play vastly different from Soulsborne titles, how could I not be at maximum hype
- Resident Evil 2 Remake-even as someone who has never touched the original, the OTS camera and emphasis on claustrophobic encounters is enough to have me chomping at the bit
- Red Dead Redemption 2-the fact that it is currently the closest release on the list (assuming no more delays) helps, but you cannot deny the pedigree of the developer and the niche market that is triple A western games. Whilst being disappointed in the main Rockstar's outings for Grand Theft Auto over the past decade or so, RDR blew me away and is up there with the classic 3D era GTAs in terms of endearment and joy
- Control-Not even huge into Remedy, but the premise and gameplay have me instantly hooked. I love when shooters offer the player different kinds of powers on top of a great arsenal of weapons to lay waste to your enemies
- Devil May Cry 5-despite my dislike of Nero as a protagonist, I'll at least have Dante and 'V' to fall back on and just hope they get an even amount of focus in the story and gameplay. Just please avoid recycled content like DMC4 and we'll be golden, Capcom
- Cyberpunk-despite all the rave impressions, we outside consumers have yet to get eyes on actual gameplay, so there's likely a big difference between excitement levels from both camps, but the setting and tone alone is enough to have me eager to see what this game turns into
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate-don't even own a Switch yet, but I can get down with some Smash whenever the time comes. A full roster with hopefully some new entrants still to come has me fairly excited even as a casual Smasher
- Ghost of Tsushima-it will probably end up being a solid hit and it's good to see Sucker Punch branch out to a different style of game in both setting and gameplay. Just still need more shown of the game outside of the combat to see what the rest of the game is like.
- The Last of Us Part II-gotta be brutally honest with this one (sorry, Huber), but what's been shown thus far hasn't exactly got me pumped for the sequel to one of the best titles of last gen. I think I need to see new gameplay systems and some infected combat to be blown away, because what has been shown thus far seems like playing it pretty safe
- Babylon's Fall-might know next to nothing, but in Platinum we trust for this to play like chocolate ice cream sundae
- Anthem-extremely lukewarm on this title at the moment. The actual flying, combat and exploration could all be solid in the final product, but I'm worried about the structure of the game if it tries to be EA's Destiny GAAS competitor
- Halo Infinite-sure, more Halo after all this time is nice, but I barely know anything about the premise or what it'll look like, and the last few Halos have left me feeling a little on the cold side, so this ends up here for now
From here on out, the rest are games I will not give a little byline for since I either don't have interest in them/they are not my cup of tea, but I will still rank them based on how I feel they leave an impression to an outsider
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Skull & Bones
- Fallout 76
- Gears 5
- Dragon Quest XI
- The Elder Scrolls VI
- Call of Duty Black Ops IIII
- Team Sonic Racing
- Pokemon Let's Go Evee/Pikachu
Updated mine, no real movers or shakers this time round. Only one of the new games even made it above my "to buy" line. Was tempted to just dump BO4 at the bottom due to how frustrated I am with the lack of an SP campaign, but even I have to admit I'd still be more keen to play an annual COD title over a Sonic racing game and a Pokemon spin-off.
Guest last edited by
It's been updated.
bard91 last edited by
somebody should really say which are the new games instead of having people go through others lists, so I guess I'll do it now
Ghost of Tsushima
Dragon Quest XI
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
anyhow mine's updated
TokyoSlim last edited by
There's stuff still not on this list that will bump some stuff out of the top 10 for me. Bosman's list formatting has been top notch week to week.
bam541 last edited by
Guest last edited by
This post is deleted!
Before I can collect and calculate the next update, a couple of things:
1.) To all those who've updated, thank you! I was going to wait until Saturday as the podcast is not available to everyone yet, but with 10 others (excluding myself) already updating their desires, I'll have to renege on that and find some time today to work on it.
2.) To @bard91 specifically: I WAS going to do that once the podcast went live for all. For example, Post the five games, remind others to update, update my list, then wait throughout the day to adjust accordingly. But as I just said, since so many have already taken it upon themselves to update, I'll have to start when I can.
Regardless, it'll be a few hours (I think) before the next update goes live, as I'm in the middle of dealing with other things that are taking my attention (I'm currently in the middle of a break.). Hopefully I'll have version 3.0 ready soon!
El Shmiablo Banned last edited by
At work right now but will update later. Blops IIII might dethrone Halo as the game I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about.
MiserablePerson last edited by MiserablePerson
@Brannox If it's alright with you, I've made a Google Sheets file that could remove a lot of the hassle for you - and allow the wider forum to more easily see where games stand. I'm still tinkering around with it, however it is currently operational. It can allow for the thread itself to be more based around discussion, and less as a cluttered submission page.
It's pretty simple - while there are multiple sheets doing calculations, there is only one sheet that Allies can personally edit. The 'User Desire Index' Sheet is currently fitted to hold 100 Allies personal indexes (10 wide, 10 down). All you have to do to submit an index is, find an empty green cell, place your username in it, and then fill it out how you see fit. For it to work, all lists must use the same spelling for the games, so there is an 'Official Game List' Sheet that provides that information.
If you're reading this, its likely you have already submitted an index and will find you already have a slot. Just quickly press (Ctrl+F) and enter your username to locate your spot in the sheet.
If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas on what else you'd like to see from the data - let me know.
@miserableperson Please allow me to respond in order:
1.) This is great! Thank you for taking the initiative and creating this document!
2.) I like the idea of others wanting to know other specific user's desires and lists, but I'm not quite sure many care (though I would love to be proven wrong!).
3.) I absolutely agree about the thread having discussions, but it doesn't appear many, if anyone at all, is wanting to do so. This isn't to say people can't start discussing entries. In fact, I would love to see it! But again, it appears people drop in, update their lists, then bounce.
4.) While simple for you, it's a tad too much for me to understand without seeing it in action. And I absolutely don't mind the work that goes into calculating. There's a certain..... satisfaction in making sure each entry from each person's list is double checked to be in the correct spot.
5.) The games currently listed in the order that they are, are they your specific rankings? If so, I'll add that to the calculation list I have (or if it's different, update your post with your desires so I can factor those in!).
6.) Again, I appreciate the trouble you've gone through in order to provide a comprehensive spot for others to use and peruse at their leisure. I invite any and all to add to it if they feel so inclined!
MiserablePerson last edited by MiserablePerson
@brannox No worries, just felt the constant upkeep might be a bother to you. If you don't mind updating it, and people are fine just updating their posts; then this can obviously keep on rolling as is. (My post, #60, has been updated)
I've just been polishing up on some excel skills, and this felt like a prime data set to work with. While the calculations are relatively complex, its designed around making it as easy as possible for someone to enter their Index - and rearrange it as they please.
All in all, its a cool thing to keep track of.
@brannox I'd love to have conversations about picks and such, we just need a topic to get the ball rolling.
We’ve come to Update 3.0 of the Master Desire Index and while tabulating entries, I noticed a LOT of lists are all over the place with some having 17 entries (which is fine and I hope they’ll be updated in the coming days) and 10 entries. To those of you who have 10, PLEASE update to the full 22 entries!
REMINDER: ALL lists who do NOT have the full complement (which at this time is 22 games) are NOT factored in to the Master Index. This is to prevent skewed outcomes against newer entries. If you want to have your desires a part of the Master Index (And I REALLY want them to) PLEASE update if you do NOT have the full list!!!
Anyway, onto some observations:
Red Dead Redemption 2 is ahead of Resident Evil 2 Remake, who is ahead of Spiderman, who is ahead of Ghost of Tsushima all by an equal amount: 0.2.
Kingdom Hearts III, Smash, Sekiro and Control are all within a point. Smash and Sekiro are tied, but Smash takes placement because it has a second highest desire to its credit.
The Last of Us Part II (The biggest loser in this update, freefalling out of the top 10) trails DMC 5 by half a point, but is ahead of Dragon Quest XI by 0.2.
The difference between Halo: Infinite and Fallout 76 and Fallout and Skull & Bones is an equal 0.2.
Anthem, Sonic Team Racing, and Pokemon Let’s Go are all within a point of each other.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IV is so far in last, I’m overconfident in saying we can lock that in at the bottom, permanently. Now watch a couple of people have it as their highest desired. X-D
@smoothrunes If you want to, start leaving your thoughts! Any particular ranking surprising you? Is there a game you feel your fellow Allies are under appreciating? Over hyping? Just want to talk about a game specifically? (For the last one, there are many threads dedicated to single games. Just use the search function in the top right to find them! And if there isn't one, create one of your own!).
I guess I'll comment on my surprise that Cyberpunk is managing to maintain such a strong lead, given 2 key factors: 1) we, the general public, have not seen the hour long demo shown at E3 that has everybody chomping at the bit and 2) with the exception of Elder Scrolls 6, this is probably the furthest away and I feel that should factor more strongly with other people, but I digress. That's what is really keeping me at one foot off the platform on this Cyberpunk hype train behemoth.
Onto a different topic, are they any games yet to be added that people collectively feel will pierce into the top 5? I'm honestly struggling to think of any huge omissions right now that stand a strong chance.
@smoothrunes The Allies discuss several games at the end of the Desire segment they have yet to get to, plus from my personal anticipated list, there are still nine games I want to see on the list.
However, we go along with the podcast until they stop. THEN it opens up to each person's own lists IN ADDITION to all the games we've covered to date.
Personally, I can think of two games that stand a chance of getting in my top 5, but I got a feeling that one of them won't make it into the index given how close it is to release (hint hint: avatar).
TokyoSlim last edited by
For me, Dreams is probably in my top 10. Maybe top 5. We will see where it lands when it's formally introduced.
Capnbobamous last edited by
Updated my list
Update 3.1 had some shakeups! Red Dead Redemption 2, Spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima are each separated from each other by 0.1.
Resident Evil 2 Remake fell two spots and behind more than a full point.
Kingdom Hearts III, Smash, Sekiro, and Control still reside within one point of each other, but Smash got ahead of Sekiro, which wound up tied with Control. Sekiro still takes the tiebreaker with a highest desire, so all in all, there isn’t movement in ranking on the surface, but one list could switch up the order pretty good.
The Last of Us Part II and Devil May Cry 5 swap spots, with TLoU Pt. II holding a 0.2 advantage.
Fallout 76 gets ahead of Halo: Infinite and trails Babylon’s Fall by a half point. Halo on the other hand is only just ahead of Skull & Bones by 0.15.
Likewise, The Elder Scrolls VI and Gears 5 swap positions.
In the final move, Sonic Team Racing gets ahead by a nose, leading Anthem by a whopping 0.05!
SabotageTheTruth last edited by
Updated my list! It's good to know I'm not the only one foaming at the mouth for Spider-Man and the perpetual decline of Anthem on the master list has my heart happy. Keep up the good work everyone.