YOUR Desire Index

• @brannox said:

I absolutely agree about the thread having discussions, but it doesn't appear many, if anyone at all, is wanting to do so. This isn't to say people can't start discussing entries. In fact, I would love to see it! But again, it appears people drop in, update their lists, then bounce.

Main reason I'm avoiding discussion for listed games is cause I think in this environment it'd inevitably fall in one of a couple camps, all meh. Either "wow we all love this game, it is so great!" or "this game doesn't deserve to be at this slot!" [arguing ensues], or even as we've already seen "haha so happy to see this game failing!" General rating doesn't usually lead to great general discussion, just accusing the masses of this and that bias.

Least we're rating anticipation, which is slightly more interesting. I could see listing reasons for why games are in the slots they are for each person being interesting. Not sure if everyone else reevaluates their list each week when they're adding new ones to it or just me, but a couple things on mine had hopped around just based off general moods and having the time between to really think and evaluate on true hype outside "moments of excitement".

• Update 3.2 sees more movement, with Spiderman surpassing Red Dead Redemption 2. Both them and Ghost of Tsushima are all within half a point. The former two are separated by 0.3, while the difference between the latter two is 0.2

From Smash to Devil May Cry 5 are all within a point. Smash has a 0.2 lead over Control, who passes The Last of Us Part II by 0.1. Sekiro falls two spots, but trails by 0.2, the same amount they lead DMC 5 by.

Fallout 76 is able to jump in front of Babylon’s fall but are still within less than a point of each other.
    Babylon’s Fall, Halo: Infinite, and Skull & Bones are also within a point of each other, with the difference between the former two much closer than the latter two.

With CoD seemingly in permanently last place, it’s getting to the point Pokemon Let’s Go can be all but locked in ahead of it.

• @mbun Before I start, I am SO sorry this is going to be as long as it is. There's a point where I point out where you can stop reading (if you haven't given up by then! X-) )

To each their own! Speaking only for myself, I'll be more than happy to answer as to why I have games placed where I do, but I don't expect it. I'm comfortable in knowing I differ in areas from the majority (Example, really high on Gears and Halo while Red Dead and Sekiro are personal bottom dwellers). And I've seen a lot of certain rankings that bum me out, but hey, that's opinions for ya!

For your point on, "Wow we all love this game," I think it's been apparent from the get go CyberPunk, Resident Evil 2 Remake, and Red Dead Redemption 2 were virtual guarantees to be in the top 5. It's been fun to see Kingdom Hearts III, Smash, and The Last of Us Part II fluctuate, especially TLoU Pt. II. (Also, I think Spiderman will be a permanent top member after seeing how today unfolded).

"This game doesn't deserve to be at this slot!" is an expected flame starter and one I'm happy to see hasn't appeared here. Sure, even carry a sentiment about certain games being where they are, but I know it's a collective. Mine, and everyone else's lists are where we individually believe games should be, but using me as an example, I love that I'm the outlier for Gears, and everyone else balances me out. Again, speaking only for myself, despite having the game so high, I can understand why it's near the bottom. No harm, no foul. As of now, it's where it belongs, as is every other game's spot.

The jab at Anthem was/is a little out of nowhere, only because I lack the context, but it's fine. We all will have our jaded feelings about the games we've set at the bottom. Black Ops IV is an excellent example. Going ONLY by the numbers, only TWO lists have the game outside of their five LEAST desired games, and only just. With that evidence as the basis of the following sentence: I'm happy to see it be at the bottom. Why? Because I recognize many people share in a sentiment I hold: Black Ops IV (specifically, but for me personally the series as a whole) is absolutely not worth it at all, and is completely unappealing.

I agree anticipation is a nice twist. We have the GOTY threads which are really fun, especially when we stake our claims "X was the best game this year because...." or "I didn't/don't get why/what everyone sees that Y is so great because..." But here, it's just if we had only a finite amount of games we could play, what are the ones would we play today, which could be left on the side of the road for all we care, and which are the ones do we decide one or the other at the cutting line.

Personally, I have a separate "Most Wanted" document that I update whenever new things release, or I hear several different thoughts on it. For example, Anthem started in a decent spot and has plummeted to just barely being on my list. It's where it is on my desire index because EVERY game below it is not a game I'm interested in getting, and everything ranked underneath is how little to how much I could be persuaded in playing it. So when a new batch of games get introduced by the Allies, I just plug them in and that's where they'll stay.

I'll go into detail about where I've ranked everything now, so if you don't care then this will the end of the message. With that said, I think this a fantastic discussion in and of itself so thank you for that!

Kingdom Hearts III is tops for me because there is only one other franchise I care about more. KH III has been so long in waiting for me, so of course I want it the most (Of the games provided so far.).

The Last of Us is a top five game of all time for me, so I want the sequel BADLY.

I'm a die hard Gears fan, so of course I want as much Gears as I can. Yes, I wish 4 was better, and Judgment was more frustrating than fun, but overall, this is my favorite Xbox franchise, and one I've been a fan for so long. If Tactics wasn't PC exclusive, I may have given strategy games a chance. And yes, if it isn't the absolute awful money play that I think it is, I want to give Gears Pop a shot. But I doubt it.

I don't think I need to say much about CyberPunk. I've become so endeared to CD Projekt Red without ever playing a second of the Witcher, and with the setting, I really want to give this game a go.

Halo is where it is for me more for friends than anything. Halo 5 was a bigger disappointment to its franchise than Gears 4 was, and while I don't want to badger everyone with 20 million reasons why, I've been encouraged to hear the small points about Infinite. But hear is where the disparity lies. The difference between CyberPunk and Halo is VAST on my anticipated list, with four or five games in between.

Halo and Anthem reside at the bottom and I've already touched a little bit on Anthem. I'll only add that I'm a big fan of BioWare and the primary team has been working on this while secondary did Andromeda. But hearing that Anthem all but requires people to get through it has it dead last for me.

Spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima were the only two games I gave serious consideration into getting them based off of their E3 showings. The former more so because Insomniac is the developer and they are the studio I've been a fan of the longest (I got Spyro the Dragon when I was six). Arkham style combat? Taking down multiple villains? Web slinging feels fantastic? All great news to hear. The reason it's on the outside looking in for me is because... well... I just don't care about Spiderman as a property. I don't have the knowledge or passion for it, despite how well it looks. Ghost's lighting was what really took my breath away. Seeing the sunset and storm while in that field was breathtaking. And I'm fascinated by the combat. But as far as what I saw from the story, it's just not my cup of tea. I hope it does well though!

Babylon's Fall is in a position of complete neutral for me. Not knowing what it is is actually a benefit over things I have active distaste for. I know Platinum is lauded for their combat prowess, but outside of that, who knows what this is.

Now are games that I know for a fact I'll never play:

Skull & Bones: Mostly multiplayer? No dedicated, strictly and wholly single player experience of being a pirate? Pass.

Smash is Smash and I don't like fighting games. It's as high as it is for me because I'm happy for others they're getting the best Smash of all time.

Control's imagery is just a little too out there for me. I've never really been drawn to Remedy games.

I'm super happy Resident Evil 2 Remake is not only a thing, but it'll be here in about 6 or 7 months. It's just that I'm a wuss and there's no way in hell I'm playing this. Ever.

Past generation 3, I don't like Pokemon, so while Pokemon Let's Go is a remake of a gen 1 game, there are just so many mechanics surrounding this that turn me off. Shrugs shoulders

Much for the same reason as Smash and RE2: R, I'm happy DMC 5 is coming for its fans. I'm just not one of them, and I've really been.

Between THE two JRPG franchises by Square, I've always been in the Final Fantasy camp, so I've never played DQ. Plus, as much hate as I'm about to get, I too absolute do NOT like the art style. It's why I don't like Dragon Ball and have no interest in playing Chrono Trigger.

While I'm a big fan of Bethesda the publisher, I'm not too high on Bethesda the developer. So Fallout isn't my thing, ESPECIALLY when this is a strictly online entry.

I'm not a fan of Rockstar games. Never have been, and it looks like I never will be. Watched Red Dead Revisited to try and gain some understanding about why it's so lauded. I just don't get it. That, and I'm actively not into anything that resembles a Wild West aesthetic. Just not for me.

The Elder Scrolls VI - See the above about Fallout

Sekiro is so low on my list more out of meta annoyance than anything else. I'm sure it will be a fantastic game, but I've seen enough of Souls and Bloodborne to know that I'm never playing for a variety of reasons.

Sonic Team Racing is next to last because... well... Sonic. I'll never understand the fandom behind him.

Call of Duty is dead last because I'm sick and tired of seeing Call of Duty year after year, changing a couple of things within itself but outwardly showing a lack of any real, tangible, exciting shakeups to its formula. And I don't think we ever will. For me, this is the most boring franchise that is currently going today.

• @brannox said in YOUR Desire Index:

The jab at Anthem was/is a little out of nowhere, only because I lack the context, but it's fine.

But I gave context. HOW MUCH MORE DO I NEED TO DO TO PLEASE YOU?!

alt text

• Guess I'll offer my thoughts on my list placement since just saying "I updated my list" is kinda boring.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - I don't get obsessive with Smash Bros. but they're always good times and I can't wait for more. That, and it's doing exactly what I wanted out of 4's DLC back or 5 back on the Wii U and bringing back everyone. Also, I feel like a lot of people go into these games knowing who they'll main since they wanna play someone from "their" franchise and it feels nice to finally have one of those myself with the Inklings since Splatoon is the only Nintendo IP I have a real attachment to beyond "hey this is pretty fun I guess."

Devil May Cry 5 - BANG BANG BANG

Spider-Man - I just really like Spider-Man and wanna websling around new york city. Webslinging probably won't be as good as SM2 back in the day but it already looks better than most of the games since then.

Cyberpunk 2077 - That trailer at E3 was one of the best things about it and got me excited. Totally off my radar until then but I'm sure I'll pick this up now.

Kingdom Hearts III - These games are dumb as hell, but in a charming way. I can't say I've played every one of them but I'm always willing to give it a chance. That and the Pirates of the Caribbean world looked genuinely better than I ever anticipated out of this game. Liked the world in 2 as odd as it felt there and I can't say I'm complaining about getting to go back to it.

Skull and Bones - Seems like everything I liked in AC4 without all the stuff I didn't. Can't complain.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - First game was good stuff and I'm absolutely down for more.

Control, Resident Evil 2 Remake - Neither of these are the kinda things I normally play but they looked pretty cool at E3 and I think I'd be willing to at least give them a shot.

Team Sonic Racing - This could go either way really. I liked All Stars Racing Transformed and while this is a massive step down roster-wise it'll probably still be fun. Only real reason it's lower than the two above it is because that team gimmick is gonna make or break it and I'm not 100% confident.

Babylon's Fall - I'll probably care more when I know more than just "Platinum's making it."

Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro - Might be cool but I dunno, I'm not gonna keep tabs on them or anything.

Fallout 76 - Same deal, mostly lower because I don't trust Bethesda games to run well on consoles and my computer's a toaster so I'd be stuck with the PS4 version.

Dragon Quest XI - I can recognize that it'll be good but games like this just aren't really my cup of tea. Honestly I might switch this and 76 next time.

Halo Infinite, Call of Duty Black Ops 4, The Elder Scrolls VI, Gears of War 5, Anthem - Don't care in the slightest, their placement is kinda arbitrary but I tried to put it in an order of "most likely to play if I could only pick out of this list."

The Last of Us Part II - I don't hate TLOU but I also think it's only like a 7.5, maybe 8, and nothing I saw at Sony's show convinced me this will be much different. While I'm honestly more likely to play this than the five above, just due to the nature of most of them being either Xbox exclusives or better on PC (again, toaster), I think I'd actually enjoy them more than this if I were to play them all.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! - This game is my anathema. Not just everything I don't want in a Pokemon game but a lot of things I just don't want in games period. Considering I already didn't like Moon and didn't even pick up Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon it feels like it's been a while since I've been able to enjoy a new release from this franchise. Here's hoping for 2019's offering.

• Yo, TLOU Part II dropped hard! I didn't see that coming, it's a shame though.
    On the other hand, Spiderman is really high, i guess the E3 demos really did it for everyone.

• @bam541 That and just how close it is to release as well. I'm excited for Last of Us II, it looks great, but who knows when we'll get it. Spider-Man being just a few months away though? Absolutely salivating for that.

• @sabotagethetruth Yeah, i can't believe it's two months away, can't wait for it!
    Also, the fact that Cyberpunk is still up there speaks volumes to how exciting that game is. Next-gen stuff, right there.

• @brannox said:

if you don't care then this will the end of the message

This is better than what I was hoping for. Nice wall.

The Last of Us is a top five game of all time for me, so I want the sequel BADLY.

I really loved the original and the DLC, but the marketing for this new one keeps rubbing me the wrong way. I was super IN for the first trailer, but then they showed that second one, which was a bit much for me. Yeah, I know the first game was very violent too, but that felt a little over the top outside of the context of the game. Then this last E3 demo did very little for me and felt sorta fake in the sense that it seemed heavily staged for the events we witnessed, which gives me a murky view of what the actual game will be like, so even though I expect to get more excited for this as we get closer, right now I'm skeptical, hence my dropping it low every other week when I'm not riding the high of my memories of the original.

I'm a die hard Gears fan, so of course I want as much Gears as I can.

Gears is weird for me. I think I just wasn't super feeling the story trailer they showed, but I usually enjoy the games and will probably play it, just not at release. Gears Tactics was fresh and exciting to me though, especially cause I already love XCOM.

Halo is where it is for me more for friends than anything.

For me, not only have I always dreamed of a game where you freeroam an actual Halo, but the trailer kinda came off as knockoff Breath of the Wild to me, which would be sorta bad cause knockoff, but I love Breath of the Wild so much I'll take a knockoff for a different franchise I used to love.

But hearing that Anthem all but requires people to get through it has it dead last for me.

It is the exact opposite for me. I wanted to explore that world in those suits with tons of players making up a hub like you'd find in an MMO, and when the big Q&A revealed that hubs are NPC only for story and you venture out on missions, not from the hubs, but from menus that lead your party to a "forward base" the mission starts from, it just killed everything that made the game exciting to me. Doesn't help that the same Q&A heavily implied they'd monetize your finite inventory space, sell players apartments, and the main story would never go anywhere, because gameplay elements would disappear if it ever did. I was hopefully anticipating the game before all this, but now I'm absolutely sure I'll never play it and just don't care about it at all anymore, hence dead last, where I'm sure it'll remain as the only game I'm absolutely sure about after getting the facts straight from the developers themselves. And for the record, I'm very bummed out about all this.

Arkham style combat?

This is why it is lower on my list than it probably should be. It is weird. I love Spiderman 2. I even think this choice in a combat system suits the role very well, especially the "spidey sense" quicktime triggers to get a jump on the enemy. I just don't really like contextual combat. It doesn't feel good to me. Feels like the game playing itself. That section during the gameplay demo where Spiderman was running up the wall, changing lanes to dodge stuff also was super jarring to me. Reminded me of PS2 era sequences. While the rest looked way better than that, I'm excited for the tech surrounding it all, and I love Spiderman, so I'll definitely be watching someone else play this whole game just for the story. I myself don't have any desire to get my own hands on it.

Ghost's lighting was what really took my breath away. Seeing the sunset and storm while in that field was breathtaking. And I'm fascinated by the combat.

GOTY of Tsushima. All IN whenever that drops.

Babylon's Fall is in a position of complete neutral for me. Not knowing what it is is actually a benefit over things I have active distaste for.

When someone gives me a trailer that is almost 100% LORE it tells me that dev is taking their setting super seriously and the result product will be something meticulously thought out, oozing with personality, that I can fully immerse myself into. Even better, it ruins none of the story we'll be getting from that game as it is all background leading up to the game. The artstyle was really appealing to me, and I just am in love with the fantasy of it all. Platinum making it? That's just a cherry.

Skull & Bones: Mostly multiplayer? No dedicated, strictly and wholly single player experience of being a pirate? Pass.

100% S A M E

Smash is Smash and I don't like fighting games.

But don't you know? Smash isn't a fighting game. It's a party game. [laughing Sakurai] It'd probably be higher for me if this one didn't look so balanced for competitive as I too am not super into competitive fighting games. Honestly it should be lower just for lacking playable Waluigi. Personally I think I'd rather have new stuff than get back lots of old stuff in one package, but that's probably just me.

I've never really been drawn to Remedy games.

I hear you, but I also like Ian am just excited for the setting and the weirdness of this title. I'm curious to see more.

I'm super happy Resident Evil 2 Remake is not only a thing, but it'll be here in about 6 or 7 months. It's just that I'm a wuss and there's no way in hell I'm playing this. Ever.

I originally had this pretty high on my Desire Index before realizing pretty much the same thing. The gore detail on these zombies might be a bit much for me. I'll probably still watch Huber play it when it comes out, as I've seen him play worse, but I'll definitely be too uncomfortable with it to go hands on myself, which is sorta a shame, because it looks like a fun romp.

Past generation 3, I don't like Pokemon, so while Pokemon Let's Go is a remake of a gen 1 game, there are just so many mechanics surrounding this that turn me off. Shrugs shoulders

This is the most confusing thing in your entire text wall to me. Only significant mechanic introduced beyond Gen 3 that'd appear in this is the Physical / Special split, which is 100% a good thing, so I'm not sure how any of that would turn you away from this game or others in the series beyond Gen 3. I do understand being offput by the mechanics that are semiunique to these game, mostly cribbed from GO though. I guess it just isn't for people like us, unless you know someone to play with as a means of introducing them to Pokemon. Also, it is just expensive as all heck when you include the $50 accessory with a three hour battery life. On the other hand, I've been in a Pokemon mood as of late, so we'll see if I actually cave on this or wait until the hopefully great 2019 game instead.

Plus, as much hate as I'm about to get, I too absolute do NOT like the art style. It's why I don't like Dragon Ball and have no interest in playing Chrono Trigger.

All I'll say about that is you should give it a chance. Look at Damiani. Same deal, but he gave it a chance and got used to it. If you only play one though, definitely do Chrono Trigger. That game is completely justified in being one of the greats and holds up fantastically.

Sonic Team Racing is next to last because... well... Sonic. I'll never understand the fandom behind him.

Sonic is rad. Don't try to understand the fandom. Ignore the fandom. Do not look directly into the fandom's eyes. They are the original horrid fandom. But Sonic himself and the franchise conceptually are R A D . Give Sonic Mania a go. Sadly Team Racing doesn't seem like it'll hold up to the standard of All Stars Racing Transformed before it, which is why I've personally got it so low. Keeping an eye on it though. Haven't completely given up yet.

@Hanabi said:

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! - This game is my anathema. Not just everything I don't want in a Pokemon game but a lot of things I just don't want in games period. Considering I already didn't like Moon and didn't even pick up Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon it feels like it's been a while since I've been able to enjoy a new release from this franchise. Here's hoping for 2019's offering.

I feel you big time, but I think what has made me feel better about it is the thought that GameFreak might be splitting the main series into this offering for younger kids or casuals and taking what we knew before, that has been slowly getting watered down for more mass appeal over the years, and having the freedom to really crank it back to the experience it should be. In that sense, it takes away most of the sting I felt over it existing, and beyond that, after seeing some of the stuff they showed at E3, I'm at least sorta interested now to witness the new events they make unique to this game, see all the overworld animations for the Pokemon, see the revamped trainers, etc. I still don't think I'm going to buy it myself though.

• Here's my list! I feel good about the beginning and end of the list, but the middle is where I get foggy. I feel like anything from #8 to #15 could be moved around. And hopefully I can do right by TLOU2 and bump it back up.

1. Kingdom Hearts III
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Spider-Man
    4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    7. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    8. Ghost of Tsushima
    9. Death Stranding
    10. Dragon Quest XI
    11. Red Dead Redemption 2
    12. Fallout 76
    13. Control
    14. Dreams
    15. Devil May Cry 5
    16. Anthem
    17. Babylon's Fall
    18. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    19. Halo: Infinite
    20. The Elder Scrolls VI
    21. Darksiders III
    22. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    23. Skull & Bones
    24. Gears 5
    25. Forza Horizon 4
    26. Sonic Team Racing
    27. Call of Duty: Black Ops IV
    28. Crackdown 3

• My Desire Index:

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. Kingdom Hearts 3
    3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    4. Devil May Cry 5
    5. Dragon Quest XI
    6. The Last of Us Part II
    7. Babylon's Fall
    8. Spiderman
    9. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
    10. Red Dead Redemption 2
    11. Anthem
    12. Ghost of Tsushima
    13. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Evee!
    14. Control
    15. Fallout 76
    16. Cyberpunk 2077
    17. Sonic Team Racing
    18. Gears 5
    19. Skull and Bones
    20. The Elder Scrolls VI
    21. Halo Infinite
    22. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

• I feel like, for me, below about 12 my interest completely falls off and it's more a task of grading the degrees in how uninterested I am. I enjoyed what I played of Witcher 3, but that "in engine" trailer and the news that it's first person have got me hard out right now on Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm just now playing through The Last of Us, so I don't really know where exactly Part 2 fits on my index other than it looks cool, lol.

Ghost of Tsushima, I've got super low because, honestly, I hated the way the controls feel in the Infamous games, and I've already got Sekiro and Nioh 2 coming to scratch that particular itch.

Skull and Bones, I just see going the same way as Sea of Thieves, but with even less to do since it's just ship combat.

But how about some positivity! Everything from 1 to 6 on my list could be number one, and I'd be fine with it. And my hypocrisy shines through with number 7 for Babylon's Fall, cause I can only imagine good things coming from another Square Enix/ Platinum collaboration.

• Update 3.3 is here! While CyberPunk has always been a solid number 1, Spiderman is the game that’s finally within shouting distance. There’s still a sizeable gap, but Spiderman is closer than any game has been in a long time.

Resident Evil 2 Remake and Red Dead Redemption 2 are tied, but RE2: R gets the nod with not one but two highest desires. This bumps RE2: R up two spots!

Ghost of Tsushima trails those two games by just 0.2, and holds a slim 0.1 edge over Kingdom Hearts III.

The Last of Us Part II is ahead of Sekiro the same amount Sekiro is ahead of Smash: 0.1. This means like Resident Evil 2 Remake, TLoU Pt. II and Sekiro move up two spots, and by default, forces Smash down two spots.

Devil May Cry 5 holds a 0.2 lead over Control, which is a big loser in this update, falling three spots out of the top 10.

There’s a clear divide between the top and bottom halves, with Dragon Quest XI occupying a distance from everything around it. It’s closer to Control than Fallout 76, so I consider it the bottom of the top half. Speaking of Fallout, it’s ahead of Babylon’s Fall by 0.3.

There was no movement from 12th (Dragon Quest XI) to 18th (Gears 5).

Anthem gets ahead of Sonic Team Racing, going from 0.05 behind to 0.4 ahead.

Black Ops trails Pokemon Let’s Go by more than two whole points, a bigger difference than anything except MAYBE CyberPunk had that kind of lead after the first update. I can’t remember. Either way, yeah. What I said in the last update: Black Ops IV is LOCKED in last.

• Out of curiosity, is there anything the new COD could announce that would cause anyone to raise their ranking for it?

• @SabotageTheTruth I must have missed it then. When I read it, it came across as "This is going to be awful and I'm happy it's at the bottom!" This is NOT to say that is your sentiment, only what I read it as.

@Mbun

Thanks. I talk way too much.

I can understand about the marketing, ESPECIALLY the Paris Games Week trailer. TLoU has never been shy about showing graphic violence, but that hammer bit was surprising. As for the E3 demo, I figured we would get something heavily edited, and sure enough we did. Granted, the gameplay takes place after the dance (as evidenced by Ellie's hair length and a bracelet she's wearing that her friend is wearing at the dance), so it feeds the narrative the game will have time jumps. What gets me excited from that demo is the fluid motion of the bottle throw, pulling the arrow out as a gameplay mechanic, arrows don't disappear when you pick them up, but are realistically put into the quiver, and the facial animations of all the enemies. Those kinds of things really have captured my attention and imagination.

As I said in my wall, Gears Tactics would be my introduction into the strategy genre because I agree about it being fresh and exciting, but because I don't game on PC, I'm going to miss out.

For Anthem, I'm just not into playing with others for the most part. I've been burned so many times in getting a game on the promise or belief my friends were also getting it, and they don't. Borderlands, Titanfall, Halo, Left 4 Dead... I just can't trust them to get Anthem, and I don't trust strangers online. It's why I passed HARD on Sea of Thieves, and will completely pass on Skull & Bones. Plus the points you brought up from the Q&A are also great reminders why I'm bummed out about it as well.

Something else in regards to Spiderman I should have said is I'm not into superheros or comic based franchises at all, with Batman being a lone exception, and only certain things pertaining to it. So that's something else against Spiderman for me.

I kind of feel the same about Babylon's Fall, but I need to know what it IS before really committing to it.

I got Melee as a kid because it was always a game I heard about NEEDING when having a GameCube and since I didn't have any friends at the time, it just wasn't really fun. I've never really been into it, but I respect the sheer pandemonium it caused when it was announced.

I really hope Huber does a full playthrough of RE4 before January. I don't watch full playthroughs (I typically don't like streams for the most part), but I enjoyed watching him go through all of RE 7, and RE 4 is the one game right now that I never want to play, but wouldn't watching someone else go through it. And because I'm a fan of his, I only want to watch a Huber playthrough. And if the Hall of Greats playthroughs return, hopefully I get my wish.

Allow me to clear up some confusion in regards to Pokemon: I don't like the 3D models post Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, there are WAY too many Pokemon even by that point, the Pikachu/Eevee on your shoulder is a fun and better addition to the gameplay, but it's a personal turn-off as I'm so used to just being the character, the peripheral is a CLEAR cash grab (plus locking away Mew behind it? More like 'Ew.'), and I've heard the battling is different from what I like in OG Pokemon. But again, all of that is just personal preference and I'm fine not following the franchise anymore.

In terms of art-style, I know it comes across kind of poorly, but I'm a believer of: If you don't like something your looking at, why look at it unless you're forced to? Aside from not being into Anime in general, there's just something about the art I find unappealing. I DO like how DQ XI looks incredibly smooth in its animation though.

As for Sonic.... I don't know. I just never found him interesting. Generational difference I suppose.

• @sabotagethetruth I suppose if the BR mode is somehow completely revolutionary and mindblowing it could move up a few slots on my list. The pipe dream would be a fantastic campaign, but seeing as how there is no campaign period, I don't think even Huber could will this into existence.

• @smoothrunes Yep, I feel like that BR is really make or break with this newest entry. Should be interesting considering we haven't seen what a AAA development team would do with a full-priced royale game and we're getting two of them this year... that we haven't seen anything from at all.

• Listening to the podcast and being reminded about the whole season pass fiasco, yeah I'm gonna bump down COD to last place.

• Oo lists!

People are not gonna like mine I suspect.

1. The Last of Us Part 2 (the feels are out of control! and the detail in the gameplay. holy moly. GOTY)
    2. Control (remedy metroidvania with a cool story and protagonist? hell yes!)
    3. Forza Horizon 4 (Horizon 3 is one of my favourite games ever. Like top 20)
    4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Tomb Raider gets a lot of hate but I love Indiana Jones-esque adventures too much)

== DAY ONE BUY THRESHOLD ==

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (looks very cool. haven't played the prev 2 tho)
    2. Spider-Man (best iterative improvement genre game)
    3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (looks very cool, but I've played many souls-games and I'm not sure yet)
    4. Cyberpunk 2077 (too far off, if it was a 2018 title it would fight with TLOU and Control for the top, probably third)
    5. Death Stranding (Looks pretty cool. Never write off Kojima. Don't really know what it is or when it comes out yet)

== WILL PLAY EVENTUALLY THRESHOLD ==

1. Kingdom Hearts 3 (not a huge KH fan and it is still this high)
    2. Ghost of Tsushima (looks pretty good but something is off with the animations. looks.. clunky somehow)
    3. Halo: Infinite (we don't know what it is but I liked the vibe of the new trailer, it has potential for something new which halo needs desperately. I did not enjoy most of 5)
    4. Anthem (I liked what I saw but weirdly not blown away yet. I even loved most of Andromeda but this looks even more open world which is a minus. I want more focus on story, not less.)

== PROBABLY NEVER GONNA PLAY THRESHOLD ==

1. Darksiders III (Could be fun. Not invested in the franchise)
    2. Devil May Cry 5 (I loved even DMC2 but the new trailer felt kind of old)
    3. Babylon's Fall (we don't even know what it is, maybe its good?)
    4. Gears 5 (Intrigued but gears is kind of where halo is.. feels like I found some good but old shoes again with some new shine)
    5. Resident Evil 2 (Haven't played any RE games. Though all that talk of 4 made me buy it on sale recently. Eventually I'll get there. Maybe)
    6. Fallout 76 (Some interesting ideas but I'm not a fallout fan and it seems to have even less story and more emergent gameplay which is not really my thing)
    7. Sonic Team Racing (Loooooved Racing Transformed. This looks worse unfortunately.)
    8. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (I like smash but this looks like DLC to the Wii U version to me)
    9. Skull & Bones (Looks cool but not really interested atm)
    10. The Elder Scrolls VI (too far off its not even on my radar. also after oblivion I felt kind of.. done with the series. there's so much new to play)
    11. Dragon Quest XI (sorry haven't played any DQ and the trailers look pretty bad. I don't understand the hype)

== NO THRESHOLD ==

1. Dreams (Sorry Jones. Creation games are just never my jam)
    2. Crackdown 3 (Sorry, can't care.)
    3. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu (I've never played any Pokemon games and this seems worse than most ducks flying vegetables)
    4. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (Agree with Huber. This is awful. Terrible monetization, no SP or Coop, same price. wth?)

• @bennysce I don't think there's anything too controversial there, though Resi 2 being so low might get you the side-eye from some folk.