YOUR Desire Index

• We’ve come to Update 3.5 and for version 3, it appears the fluctuation died down. There is NOT a single spot move, but there was a lot of closing in behind the scenes.

While they didn’t switch positions, Kingdom Hearts III pulled up to tie with Resident Evil 2 Remake (Or RE2: R fell, dependent on your philosophical views on life…).

The Last of Us Part II maintains a 0.2 lead over what’s underneath it, but instead of space between the next few entries, directly behind is the second tie of this update. Between Sekiro and Control, Sekiro takes placement for having a highest desire. While this did NOT move the placement among these three, the differences between closed nice and tight.

Smash and DMC 5 grew close together, shortening the difference to 0.3.

The difference between Dragon Quest XI and Babylon’s Fall is almost two whole points, reiterating the divide between the top dozen and the rest of the list.

Fallout 76 is maintaining a half point lead over Halo: Infinite.

The Elder Scrolls VI closed the gap on Skull & Bones all the way to just 0.2.

Before ending I have a question to ask: In light of having to make sure I double check entries, the scrolling is starting to annoy (but not by much). However, it made me realize the scrolling you would have to do would probably be just as, if not more so, annoying. So I wanted to put it to all of you: Would you rather -

A.) Keep the thread like it is and update your original post.
    B.) Create a new post with your most recent Desire Index when the next batch of games come

I’m fine with either option, just wanted to gauge your thoughts. In any event, I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

• @brannox said in YOUR Desire Index:

Before ending I have a question to ask: In light of having to make sure I double check entries, the scrolling is starting to annoy (but not by much). However, it made me realize the scrolling you would have to do would probably be just as, if not more so, annoying. So I wanted to put it to all of you: Would you rather -

B.) Create a new post with your most recent Desire Index when the next batch of games come

I’m fine with either option, just wanted to gauge your thoughts. In any event, I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

I think this is a good time to point out for anyone who doesn't know already that you can disable infinite scrolling of posts, and have threads appear "paginated". Click your profile picture in the upper right, and go to settings. Scroll down and near the bottom left look for the setting "Paginate topics and posts instead of using infinite scroll".

When I update my desire index, I just remember "It's on page 2", which makes it very quick for me to find.

On the flip side, the last time I did the whole "posting to say I've updated my desire index" thing, I included a link to my desire index post. The syntax looks like this:

[I updated my desire index you guys!](/post/72517)

I did this firstly to ease @Brannox 's burdens in maintaining this awesome thread idea (and perhaps I should have gone further and done

[I updated my desire index you guys!](/post/72517), paging Mr. @Brannox

so it would appear in his notifications!), and secondly because I decided not to quote my entire desire index this time, just my top 5. I assume most people aren't that interested in my mids and bottoms if they are presented without commentary.

Quoting all 22 entries also felt like I was adding "noise" to the thread, because I'm forcing other people to skip past it to read the conversations.

I'm in favor of option A, by the way: Edit original posts, preferably using a backlink to make Brannox's life easier, and leave it up to individuals to quote all or part of their updated list as they deem appropriate so that people don't have to create excess noise if they don't want to.

Edit: Also, with both option A and B I'm not 100% sure if adding an " @Brannox " to people's index updates would be more helpful than harmful, since it might actually produce an unmanageable flood of notifications. I was the one who brought up this idea, so I think it's important to also explicitly state that I will defer to the person who is actually going to be impacted by it.

• @musou-tensei said:

plus no Venom.

Did they confirm that? I was under the assumption it could still happen. Btw, nice post formatting. Very clear.

@Brannox said:

Would you rather -

I wish we had done B from the beginning to preserve a log of everyone's weekly desire changes, but we're so deep in now we might as well stick to A. I've been replying to my original post every time I update it lately, which means you can click the button on top of my "I updated" post next to the post time to jump to the original. Everyone could do that to make them easier to find?

The Allies are right. I hate change when it involves trivial things.

• This post is deleted!

Would you rather -

I think B is the better option if only because we're already making a post anyway to say we updated the original post, and either copy/pasting your older list or just doing it from scratch isn't that hard (the latter might even benefit in re-weighing the list with new additions or if you just have a change of heart between weeks.)

@musou-tensei I can't imagine Venom would totally no-show. Maybe he'd just be a secret boss or something if he's got no relation to the whole Sinister Six thing.

• @hanabi said:

Maybe he'd just be a secret boss or something if he's got no relation to the whole Sinister Six thing.

Could also end up DLC with the way games are these days.

• @sheria said in YOUR Desire Index:

Kingdom Hearts III
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Dragon Quest XI
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Control
    Devil May Cry 5
    Halo: Infinite
    Babylon's Fall
    Gears of War 5
    Team Sonic Racing
    Skull & Bones
    Spider-Man
    Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    The Last of Us Part II
    Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    Anthem
    Fallout 76

Updated mine. I haven't really been keeping up with it sorry.

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Fallout 76
    4. Ghost of Tsushima
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Spiderman
    7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    8. Control
    9. Dragon Quest XI
    10. The Elder Scrolls VI
    11. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    12. Devil May Cry 5
    13. Babylon's Fall
    14. Kingdom Hearts III
    15. Halo: Infinite
    16. Gears 5
    17. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    18. Skull & Bones
    19. Anthem
    20. Sonic Team Racing
    21. Call of Duty: Black Ops IV
    22. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu

• This post is deleted!

• Updated my post! (Post number 30 as far as i can see on my phone)

• Before gathering together the most recent lists, I wanted to take a post to respond separately:

@Chocobop I didn't know about the pagination! I've been using infinite scroll since the forums started, so thank you VERY much for pointing this out to me!

Thank you for saying the thread is an awesome idea, but I MUST say the credit should belong to Axel, Sentinel Beach, and Inustar as they were the ones who intially kicked around the idea in the EZA Desire Index thread over in Shows. All I did was decide to create it.

Also, I really like hyperlinking the original post, as it does help me considerably. What I've done in the past is on Wednesdays when there are 8-12 lists and I have to do a clean version, I type down the names of all who've said they've updated, then scroll to find their OG post. It's not too bad and is only a once a week type of deal.

And by the by, no need to put a "Mr." in front of my tag. I'm not called "Mr." in any way so seeing is weird. But now that I've said that, watch as everyone does it. X-D

I really don't mind the notifications, because they all (for the MOST part) occur in a single thread when I receive multiple ones, so just clicking on the thread instantly gets rid of them. This very post, for example, I logged in to see I had three notifications, and the moment I clicked the thread, poof, all gone! So it's not a big deal.

@Mbun The only reason why I was initially opposed to that option at the start was because to use Chocobop's wording, I was concerned about "noise." I thought by constantly doing that over and over, it would be list after list after list from multiple people, and I wasn't sure if I could track it properly. Again, that was something I considered only from my point of view, seeing as how I was going to curate the Master Index. My hope was for everyone to have one list post, posts saying, "Hey, I've updated," and posts with discussions. Which for the most part has been exactly what happened. I only purposed the above because of the scrolling everyone would have to do. While I'm not necessarily opposed to do doing it, I can't speak for others, but Chocobop graciously pointed out could be changed, so it's not as big a deal as it was when I asked my question.

Overall it seems split, so unless there's more feedback, we'll just keep doing things like we've been doing. Thanks again to all of you! Now time to take in the newest lists into account.

• Update 3.6 has movement! Red Dead Redemption 2 and Ghost of Tsushima swap places with RDR 2 holding a 0.2 lead. JUST behind them is Resident Evil 2 Remake by 0.1.

The Last of Us Part II tumbles two spots, with it trailing Control by 0.1, which is trailing Sekiro by 0.2.

Smash also drops two places. It’s in a tie with Dragon Quest XI, but DQ has more highest desires. DMC 5 only edges that tie out by 0.4.

The Elder Scrolls VI has now tied with Skull & Bones, but Skull & Bones still wins out with having a sixth highest desire.

Judging by how these updates are going, I’m pretty sure I can now say the final five games have their spots locked in, with the exception of the potential of a game brought by the Allies we don’t like. I don’t know what that could be at the moment, but everything from Gears 5 down is pretty much at the place they’ll be.

And by the by, no need to put a "Mr." in front of my tag. I'm not called "Mr." in any way so seeing is weird. But now that I've said that, watch as everyone does it. X-D

There's a funny story behind the "Mr." actually. I originally wanted to write

I updated my desire index you guys! Paging Mr. @Brannox, report to medical bay 6.

in my "example text" because the example text was already jokey and this extra bit would be a jokey reference to Perfect Dark.

If anyone cares, here's a paragraph explaining the reference:
    Specifically it is a reference to the level Area 51 Rescue where every few minutes the player will hear the PA system activate and play one of four voice clips such as "Captain Santiago, report to medical bay 6". The game does this to create the ambience of the level being a military-medical facility. However it's a long level and the 4 voice clips aren't enough to avoid noticeable repetition. Obviously, these unseen people like Captain Santiago never reach where they are supposed to go, and PA system will just incessantly make the same polite request over and over no matter how much time you spend in the level, so the ambience falls apart if you think about it too hard. This line in particular has at times been a meme to PD fans, as in "Will Captain Santiago PLEASE report to medical bay 6!?". It's been immortalized in a few walkthroughs and old gamefaqs posts like this one.

Anyway, I deleted the obscure Perfect Dark reference and just left the "Mr.", hoping it would still come across as jokey in the context of "pagers" alone.

• Updated mine:

Cyberpunk 2077
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Spider-Man
    The Last of Us Part II
    Skull & Bones
    Gears 5
    Devil May Cry V
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee
    Red Dead Redemption II
    Dragon Quest XI
    Halo: Infinite
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    Anthem
    Control
    Babylon's Fall
    Team Sonic Racing
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Fallout 76
    Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

• Updated List :

1-The Last of Us Part II
    2-Resident Evil 2 Remake
    3-Cyberpunk 2077
    4-Sekiro
    5-Ghost of tsushima
    6-Control
    7-Red Dead Redemption 2
    8-Spiderman
    9-Dragon Quest XI
    10-Kingdom Hearts III
    11-Devil May Cry 5
    12-The Elder Scrolls VI
    13-Fallout 76
    14-Anthem
    15-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    16-Pokémon: Let's Go
    17-Babylon's Fall
    18-Call of Duty IV
    19-Skull & Bones
    20-Halo Infinite
    21-Gears 5
    22-Team Sonic Racing

• Update 3.7: Resident Evil 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 switch spots, the first update where two games trade places NOT next to each other. Ghost of Tsushima is tied with RDR 2, but takes precedent for having more highest desires. RE2 R is ahead of this tie by 0.3.

The Last of Us Part II catapults from 9th to 6th, making it the big winner of this update.

Kingdom Hearts III slides down in between Sekiro (trailing by 0.3) and Control (ahead by 0.1).

Smash gets back ahead of Dragon Quest XI, but only by 0.1.

The difference between Fallout 76 and The Elder Scrolls VI is almost at a full point. Fallout is over Halo by 0.4, who leads Skull & Bones by 0.4, which edges Elder Scrolls by 0.1.

There was no movement in the bottom ten games.

• Updated my list. Are we reposting at the bottom?

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. Spider-Man
    3. The Last of Us Part II
    4. Red Dead Redemption 2
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Anthem
    7. Kingdom Hearts III
    8. Ghost of Tsushima
    9. Control
    10. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    11. Devil May Cry 5
    12. Fallout: 76
    13. Halo Infinite
    14. Gears 5
    15. Babylon’s Fall
    16. Skull & Bones
    17. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    18. Dragon Quest XI
    19. Elder Scrolls VI
    20. Call of Duty IV
    21. Sonic Team Racing
    22. Pokemon: Lets go Eevee/Pikachu

• Update 3.8 are we’re getting close to version 4.0! The back and forth battle between Red Dead Redemption 2 and Ghost of Tsushima has been fun to watch in recent updates! RDR 2 gets the better of of Tsushima this time, but only by 0.1.

Control also switches with Kingdom Hearts III, with the same margin of difference. Sekiro leads Control by a slim 0.3.

The Elder Scrolls has very slowly, but surely clawed as much as it could to move out of the basement of versions past to keep climbing. Only a couple of spots, but still notable, now passing Skull & Bones by 0.1.

Now I think it’s gotten to the point where aside from a couple of flips, the list is stabilized… well, for at least a couple of days.

@Faaip I posed the question to gauge how others felt we should or keep it as is and it was split. We'll keep updating our original posts unless I see several others in favor of creating a new post with our full indexes.

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Dragon Quest XI
    Fallout 76
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    Babylon's Fall
    Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    Ghost of tsushima
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Sonic team racing
    last of us part 2