Babylon's Fall
    Forza Horizon 4
    Team Sonic Racing
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Fallout 76
    Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

• This post is deleted!

• @smoothrunes said in YOUR Desire Index:

Hey all, I decided to finally make a forum account and decided this would be my inaugural post, since I think the EZA desire index is one of the most fascinating concepts they have done. Anyway, here's my personal rankings.

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice-it's Miyazaki's next game, has a samurai aesthetic and should play vastly different from Soulsborne titles, how could I not be at maximum hype
    2. Resident Evil 2 Remake-even as someone who has never touched the original, the OTS camera and emphasis on claustrophobic encounters is enough to have me chomping at the bit
    3. Red Dead Redemption 2-the fact that it is currently the closest release on the list (assuming no more delays) helps, but you cannot deny the pedigree of the developer and the niche market that is triple A western games. Whilst being disappointed in the main Rockstar's outings for Grand Theft Auto over the past decade or so, RDR blew me away and is up there with the classic 3D era GTAs in terms of endearment and joy
    4. Control-Not even huge into Remedy, but the premise and gameplay have me instantly hooked. I love when shooters offer the player different kinds of powers on top of a great arsenal of weapons to lay waste to your enemies
    5. Devil May Cry 5-despite my dislike of Nero as a protagonist, I'll at least have Dante and 'V' to fall back on and just hope they get an even amount of focus in the story and gameplay. Just please avoid recycled content like DMC4 and we'll be golden, Capcom
    6. Cyberpunk-despite all the rave impressions, we outside consumers have yet to get eyes on actual gameplay, so there's likely a big difference between excitement levels from both camps, but the setting and tone alone is enough to have me eager to see what this game turns into
    7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate-don't even own a Switch yet, but I can get down with some Smash whenever the time comes. A full roster with hopefully some new entrants still to come has me fairly excited even as a casual Smasher
    8. Ghost of Tsushima-it will probably end up being a solid hit and it's good to see Sucker Punch branch out to a different style of game in both setting and gameplay. Just still need more shown of the game outside of the combat to see what the rest of the game is like.
    9. The Last of Us Part II-gotta be brutally honest with this one (sorry, Huber), but what's been shown thus far hasn't exactly got me pumped for the sequel to one of the best titles of last gen. I think I need to see new gameplay systems and some infected combat to be blown away, because what has been shown thus far seems like playing it pretty safe
    10. Forza Horizon 4-love me some Forza Horizon, and the fact it is taking place in my home turf is an added bonus, along with the cool new seasons feature
    11. Babylon's Fall-might know next to nothing, but in Platinum we trust for this to play like chocolate ice cream sundae
    12. Anthem-extremely lukewarm on this title at the moment. The actual flying, combat and exploration could all be solid in the final product, but I'm worried about the structure of the game if it tries to be EA's Destiny GAAS competitor
    13. Halo Infinite-sure, more Halo after all this time is nice, but I barely know anything about the premise or what it'll look like, and the last few Halos have left me feeling a little on the cold side, so this ends up here for now

From here on out, the rest are games I either don't have interest in them/they are not my cup of tea, but I will still rank them based on how I feel they leave an impression to an outsider

1. Spider-Man-should probably preface this by saying I'm not exactly what you would call a Spider-Man fan. Far from it, but even I can appreciate the effort and craftsmanship put into this title and the E3 2018 demo was such a huge step from the previous showing. This would maybe slide into the upper echelon if Insomniac suddenly revealed that Venom was a playable character, but that is probably being saved for a sequel
    2. Kingdom Hearts 3-never touched Kingdom Hearts. The dialogue and characters are certainly, ahem, interesting. Clearly isn't a tone or style that I would be into. Still, it is the long awaited grand finale of a saga and seeing stuff like Toy Story and Monsters Inc. does spark something in my cold heart
    3. Darksiders III-always appreciated Darksiders from a distance. Maybe this will be the one to hook me in, but for now, it will probably be a wait for sale type of game
    4. Skull & Bones-this earns a high spot on the lower tiers simply because it is a different game from the usual formula that Ubisoft titles have been following and is also supplying a niche genre another contender
    5. Fallout 76-man, I wish this was a proper new Fallout title, with writing duties by Obsidian because the new monsters look dope, but the whole MMO-lite thing is a deal breaker
    6. Gears 5-didn't get round to playing Gears 4 so I can't exactly be thrilled about a sequel either. The narrative could go some interesting places, I suppose
    7. Shadow of the Tomb Raider-I've just never really cared for the gritty Crystal Dynamics reboot series and I doubt this will be the one to sway me
    8. Dragon Quest XI-not a JRPG guy and so am completely unfamiliar with the series. It sort of ranks here by default simply because I have no strong feelings one way or the other
    9. The Elder Scrolls VI-this is too far off to even begin to get excited for, plus I think the franchise has been on a steady decline in terms of RPG elements and quality
    10. Team Sonic Racing-boy, do I hate kart racers! Boy, do I not care one bit for Sonic!
    11. Pokemon Let's Go Evee/Pikachu-never cared for Pokemon and this just seems like a stopgap before the real deal next year
    12. Call of Duty Black Ops IIII-no single player campaign, no buy! Also, that season pass policy is ridiculously anti-consumer so congrats Activision, your flagship franchise can keep the bottom seat warm for now

Updated mine.

• Updated:

1. Resident Evil 2
    2. Cyberpunk 2077
    3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    4. Ghost of Tsushima
    5. Kingdom Hearts 3
    6. Devil May Cry 5
    7. The Last of Us Part 2
    8. Red Dead Redemption 2
    9. Control
    10. Spider-Man
    11. Dragon Quest XI
    12. Darksiders 3
    13. Fallout 76
    14. Skull & Bones
    15. The Elder Scrolls VI
    16. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    17. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    18. Babylon's Fall
    19. Halo: Infinite
    20. Forza Horizon 4
    21. Sonic Team Racing
    22. Gears 5
    23. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    24. Anthem
    25. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

• @bard91 said in YOUR Desire Index:

Cyberpunk 2077
    The Last of Us Part II
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Spider-Man
    Control
    Devil May Cry 5
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Dragon Quest XI
    Darksiders III
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    Sonic Team Racing
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Fallout 76
    Babylon's Fall
    Skull & Bones
    Gears 5
    Halo: Infinite
    Forza Horizon 4
    Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    Anthem

Updated mine.

I took DQ11 down a few places, I saw some gameplay vids this week and man it just doesn't look very exciting, if it weren't a DQ game I probably would ignore it completely

• Updated list :

1-The Last of Us Part II
    2-Resident Evil 2 Remake
    3-Cyberpunk 2077
    4-Sekiro
    5-Ghost of tsushima
    6-Control
    7-Red Dead Redemption 2
    8-Spiderman
    9-Dragon Quest XI
    10-Kingdom Hearts III
    11-Devil May Cry 5
    12-The Elder Scrolls VI
    13-Darksiders 3
    14-Fallout 76
    15-Anthem
    16-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    17-Pokémon: Let's Go
    18-Shadow of the tomb raider
    19-Babylon's Fall
    20-Forza Horizon 4
    21-Call of Duty IV
    22-Skull & Bones
    23-Halo Infinite
    24-Gears 5
    25-Team Sonic Racing

• 1.Dragon Quest XI
    2.Spider-Man
    3.Devil May Cry 5
    4.Darksiders 3
    5.Control
    6.Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    7.Resident Evil 2
    8.Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    9.Ghost of Tsushima
    10.Kingdom Hearts 3
    11.Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    12.Gears 5
    No desire section:(Listed alphabetically)
    Anthem
    Babylon's Fall
    Cyberpunk 2077
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    Fallout 76
    Forza Horizon 4
    Halo: Infinite
    The Last of Us Part 2
    Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Skull & Bones
    Sonic Team Racing

• Updated my list. No huge changes - Fallout moved up to number 3 as I realize it's coming closer (and plus, it releases on my birthday, bonus points) and the new entries ranked pretty low.

• @sacred-arfaid I can't factor in your list unless there is a FULL numbered order. If you want what you have as the order of your desires, please let me know. Otherwise, I can't just have half of a list, and the other half be "No Desires." I don't desire more than half of my list, but in order for everything to work, all games to need to be factored in. This prevents the list from being improperly skewed. So, to use a couple of examples you've provided, if you really don't desire Call of Duty over CyberPunk or Pokemon Let's Go over Red Dead Redemption 2, then please tweak the bottom half. If you really don't want to do that, I respect that, but unless I have an ordered list of desires, I can't count it.

• As I hoped, Update 4.2 was a significant one, with double the desires being taken into account.

Resident Evil 2: Remake jumps three spots from fifth to second overall, barely edging Ghost of Tsushima. Behind them, Spiderman’s lead over the Last of Us Part II by a vast 0.05! This means TLoU Pt. II gets back into the top 5.

DMC 5 gets ahead of Kingdom Hearts III by 0.4, and KH III falls two spots.

Control and Smash switch places, and like Spiderman, Control holds a 0.05 lead, the first time such a lead has appeared in an update twice. They sit ahead of Sekiro by half a point.

Dragon Quest XI and Fallout 76 also trade positions.

The difference from Skull & Bones to Babylon’s Fall is only 0.35. Skull & Bones moves up two spots to take a 0.1 lead over Forza Horizon 4, who in turn leads Darksiders III by 0.2 which holds the THIRD 0.05 lead against Babylon’s Fall. Even though it’s close to the bottom, Darksiders III was the biggest winner, jumping five spots, especially at the expense of Babylon’s Fall, which dropped two.

The Elder Scrolls VI is behind that 0.35 difference with a 0.35 difference of its own. It also moved up two places.

Gears 5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are tied, and in a personally comical turn of events, I own both of the top desires at the moment, so I break the tiebreak on myself. So, I think for the first time since I started the thread, I hold a direct say in what spot a game holds. Gears is higher than Shadow because I’m more interested in Gears. Thankfully, this is near the bottom of the list, and doesn’t impact the bigger names. And because of this, I believe Shadow becomes the biggest loser of the update, dropping three spots and out of the top 20.

Anthem falls two spots because of the above.

While the last three games don’t move, the difference between Sonic Team Racing and Pokemon Let’s Go is, again, 0.05. FOUR TIMES has the paper thin difference shown up here, so only ONE list can really shake up the structure!

• I never really wanted to be factored into a overall list. I was just sharing my general desires for the games listed.

• @sacred-arfaid And that's fine! Thank you for letting me know!

• This post is deleted!

• Updated my list (it's post #5 here).

Good additions this week, as Darksiders III and Shadow of the Tomb Raider went straight into my #6 and #7, respectively. (FH4 is #19.)

• @musou-tensei I put them in the version update (Post 211) and the sole reasons why I didn't do it in a separate post was 1.) I don't like double posting and try to avoid it when I can 2.) If I have everything together, I would like to have everything in one post. Again, for this version, the new games this week are: Darksiders III, Forza Horizon 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

• @Brannox Team Sonic Racing is spelled kinda backwards on the Master Index. /sorry :]

I checked some dates:
    The first three games to "graduate" from the Index seem to be DQXI (September 4th), Spider-Man (Sep. 7th.) and SotTR (Sep. 14th). Just wanted to see what leaves first, and that'll happen in less than two months.

• @sentinel-beach Thanks for the catch! I'm calculating your list now, so I'll fix it in just a bit.

And yes, when a game comes out, it will be permanently be eliminated from the Index, regardless of where it is on the list.

• Link to my updated desire index for this week.

I will also quote my full list below to provide extra context for discussion, because I have an open question for the thread.

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    3. Babylon's Fall
    4. Ghost of Tsushima
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    7. Control
    8. Darksiders III
    9. Dragon Quest XI
    10. Devil May Cry 5
    11. Spider-Man
    12. Halo: Infinite
    13. Gears 5
    14. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    15. Kingdom Hearts III
    16. The Elder Scrolls VI
    17. Anthem
    18. Red Dead Redemption 2
    19. The Last of Us Part II
    20. Team Sonic Racing
    21. Forza Horizon 4
    22. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
    23. Call of Duty: Black Ops IV
    24. Skull & Bones
    25. Fallout 76

These past couple weeks I notice myself rearranging and not just slotting in new entries. Upthread there has been people talking about that, and I think it makes for an interesting open question:

How much do you rearrange/rethink/second-guess your Desire Index versus keeping it static aside from slotting new entries?

~

If I'm being honest, then I'm much more excited about my current top 5 than the rest. Additionally, (as I've said before) only my current top 2 I feel are safe "locks" in the sense that I feel 100% confident that once I get the free time to play them, something else won't push them out. That's obviously different for everyone, and I'm probably an outlier in having less time on my hands for the next year or so.

That said, certain "unknowns" in my desired games below those 5 are bigger factors than any outright apathy for them. So I end up relying on "baseline expectations" more to decide the ordering of them. But I guess that's what the Desire Index surfaces in everyone, doesn't it? Baseline expectations. Everything below my top 5 and above my bottom 5 is where I notice my "rearranging" is occurring. Spider-man is freaking awesome and I had it ranked high on my list last week, but for whatever reason looking at 10 minutes of Darksiders III gameplay (which was completely off my radar) bumped my baseline expectations of that game, and it ended up taking over Spidey's spot (sorry Peter). And yet, as a "time-strapped gamer" both games are in that perilous camp of "welp, who knows if I'll ever have time to play them before something else pushes them out".

Being inexperienced in some series/genres/predecessors is also a factor that I struggle to grapple with when ranking my "mids" below the top 5. Does anyone else notice that too?

• Updated my post (#30), and made it more easily readable!

• @musou-tensei said in YOUR Desire Index:

It would be really helpful if the new additions could be listed seperately so I can easily copy paste them into my list.

I know @Brannox already replied to you but PSA for anyone who encounters this difficulty each week: check out desire index thread in the "shows" subforum.

@Sentinel-Beach kindly maintains a weekly record of the Allies's index and also posts, separately, which are the new additions each week.