YOUR Desire Index

• @musou-tensei I put them in the version update (Post 211) and the sole reasons why I didn't do it in a separate post was 1.) I don't like double posting and try to avoid it when I can 2.) If I have everything together, I would like to have everything in one post. Again, for this version, the new games this week are: Darksiders III, Forza Horizon 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

• @Brannox Team Sonic Racing is spelled kinda backwards on the Master Index. /sorry :]

I checked some dates:
    The first three games to "graduate" from the Index seem to be DQXI (September 4th), Spider-Man (Sep. 7th.) and SotTR (Sep. 14th). Just wanted to see what leaves first, and that'll happen in less than two months.

• @sentinel-beach Thanks for the catch! I'm calculating your list now, so I'll fix it in just a bit.

And yes, when a game comes out, it will be permanently be eliminated from the Index, regardless of where it is on the list.

• Link to my updated desire index for this week.

I will also quote my full list below to provide extra context for discussion, because I have an open question for the thread.

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    3. Babylon's Fall
    4. Ghost of Tsushima
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    7. Control
    8. Darksiders III
    9. Dragon Quest XI
    10. Devil May Cry 5
    11. Spider-Man
    12. Halo: Infinite
    13. Gears 5
    14. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    15. Kingdom Hearts III
    16. The Elder Scrolls VI
    17. Anthem
    18. Red Dead Redemption 2
    19. The Last of Us Part II
    20. Team Sonic Racing
    21. Forza Horizon 4
    22. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
    23. Call of Duty: Black Ops IV
    24. Skull & Bones
    25. Fallout 76

These past couple weeks I notice myself rearranging and not just slotting in new entries. Upthread there has been people talking about that, and I think it makes for an interesting open question:

How much do you rearrange/rethink/second-guess your Desire Index versus keeping it static aside from slotting new entries?

~

If I'm being honest, then I'm much more excited about my current top 5 than the rest. Additionally, (as I've said before) only my current top 2 I feel are safe "locks" in the sense that I feel 100% confident that once I get the free time to play them, something else won't push them out. That's obviously different for everyone, and I'm probably an outlier in having less time on my hands for the next year or so.

That said, certain "unknowns" in my desired games below those 5 are bigger factors than any outright apathy for them. So I end up relying on "baseline expectations" more to decide the ordering of them. But I guess that's what the Desire Index surfaces in everyone, doesn't it? Baseline expectations. Everything below my top 5 and above my bottom 5 is where I notice my "rearranging" is occurring. Spider-man is freaking awesome and I had it ranked high on my list last week, but for whatever reason looking at 10 minutes of Darksiders III gameplay (which was completely off my radar) bumped my baseline expectations of that game, and it ended up taking over Spidey's spot (sorry Peter). And yet, as a "time-strapped gamer" both games are in that perilous camp of "welp, who knows if I'll ever have time to play them before something else pushes them out".

Being inexperienced in some series/genres/predecessors is also a factor that I struggle to grapple with when ranking my "mids" below the top 5. Does anyone else notice that too?

• Updated my post (#30), and made it more easily readable!

• @musou-tensei said in YOUR Desire Index:

It would be really helpful if the new additions could be listed seperately so I can easily copy paste them into my list.

I know @Brannox already replied to you but PSA for anyone who encounters this difficulty each week: check out desire index thread in the "shows" subforum.

@Sentinel-Beach kindly maintains a weekly record of the Allies's index and also posts, separately, which are the new additions each week.

• Update 4.3 sees Ghost of Tsushima get hit big time, falling three spots from third to sixth, out of the top 5. It only trails Red Dead Redemption by 0.2, which only trails The Last of Us Part II by 0.1, but still, it goes to show just how close things can change.

Control moves up two spots and gets ahead of Devil May Cry 5 by 0.3 which barely is holding off Smash by 0.1.
    Kingdom Hearts III falls three spots like Ghost of Tsushima, but it’s more damaging as the differences between are larger, AND it falls out of the top 10.

Darksiders III continues its meteoric rise, and finds itself up two more spots to 14th. Babylon’s Fall has an even bigger gain, going up three spots to sit just behind Darksiders III. Fallout 76 trails Babylon’s Fall by 0.1, but sits ahead of Halo: Infinite by 0.4. The difference between Halo, Skull & Bones, and The Elder Scrolls VI is the same at 0.2. Because of all this movement, Skull & Bones was unlucky, falling three places.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider sits ahead of Forza Horizon 4 by 0.1, which means Forza had an equal bad break with Skull & Bones; three spots down.

Team Sonic Racing sits ahead of Pokemon Let’s Go by half a point.

Call of Duty Black Ops IV is the unequivocal king of being at the bottom. It trails Pokemon Let’s Go by two whole points.

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

Gonna jump in on this. Let me know if I need to do anything in particular that will help.

1-The Last of Us Part II
    2-Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    3-Resident Evil 2 Remake
    4-Cyberpunk 2077
    5-Devil May Cry 5
    6-Spiderman
    7-Forza Horizon 4
    8-Control
    9-Ghost of Tsushima
    10-Red Dead Redemption 2
    11-Fallout 76
    12-Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    13-Halo Infinite
    14-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    15-Darksiders 3
    16-Gears 5
    17-Dragon Quest XI
    18-Anthem
    19-Babylon's Fall
    20-Kingdom Hearts III
    21-Call of Duty IV
    22-Skull & Bones
    23-The Elder Scrolls VI
    24-Pokémon: Let's Go
    25-Team Sonic Racing

• Update:

@gwnner said in YOUR Desire Index:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Fallout 76
    4. Ghost of Tsushima
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Spiderman
    7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    8. Control
    9. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    10. Dragon Quest XI
    11. The Elder Scrolls VI
    12. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    13. Forza Horizon 4
    14. Devil May Cry 5
    15. Babylon's Fall
    16. Kingdom Hearts III
    17. Halo: Infinite
    18. Gears 5
    19. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    20. Darksiders 3
    21. Skull & Bones
    22. Anthem
    23. Sonic Team Racing
    24. Call of Duty: Black Ops IV
    25. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu

• My list has been updated

@capnbobamous said in YOUR Desire Index:

Ghost of Tsushima
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Spider-man
    Cyberpunk 2077
    The Last of Us Part II
    Fallout 76
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    Control
    Kingdom Hearts III
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Forza Horizon 4
    Devil May Cry 5
    Skull & Bones
    Halo Infinite
    Dragon Quest XI
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Anthem
    Babylon's Fall
    Sonic Team Racing
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    Darksiders 3
    Pokemon: Let's Go
    Gears 5

• Update 4.4 is another meaty one! To start, Spiderman reclaims the second spot, but only by 0.1 over Resident Evil 2: Remake.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is able to just edge out Ghost of Tsushima by 0.2. The Last of Us Part II trails GoT by only 0.4, but it’s a big loser in this update, falling not only two spots, but out of the top 5.

Sekiro had the best movement in this update, barely clinging to the top 10 and now grapple hooks all the way up to 7th, beating out Control by half a point.

While the rest of the top 10 doesn’t change, DMC 5’s lead over Smash is now 0.4 while Smash is able to keep Kingdom Hearts III out of the top 10 by 0.1.

Fallout 76 was a big winner also, moving up two spots from 15th to 13th.

Halo: Infinite and Darksiders III tied, and Halo is able to get the better of Darksiders III because Halo has one more sixth highest desire. Losing out on the tiebreaker is even worse for Darksiders III, as it falls three places, ending its magnificent skyrocket up the charts with a resounding thud.

That tie is only ahead of Forza Horizon 4 by 0.3. Forza is this update’s most unique mover. It equaled Sekiro’s best upward placement, rising three spots, but more bizarrely, another odd first has happened in this update. Previously, only once had two games switched spots without being next to each other. But there was only one spot between them. But in this update, Forza and Skull & Bones switched spots, with two games sitting between them. And Forza was able to get ahead of The Elder Scrolls VI by 0.1, the same lead Elder Scrolls has over Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

The bottom five don’t move, but there are a couple of close differences: Between Gears 5 and Anthem is only 0.4, while Team Sonic is able to stay ahead of Pokemon Let’s Go by 0.4.

• Might as well give this a go:

1-Cyberpunk 2077
    2-Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    3-Ghosts of Tsushima
    4-Fallout 76
    5- The Last of Us Part 2
    6-Red Dead Redemption 2
    7-Devil May Cry 5
    8-Spiderman
    9-Anthem
    10-Sekiro
    11-Elder Scrolls 6
    12-Control
    13-Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    14- Forza Horizon 4
    15-Halo Infinite
    16-Gears 5
    17-Pokemon Let's Go
    18-Darksiders 3
    19-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    20-Team Sonic Racing
    21-Kingdom Hearts 3
    22-Babylon's Fall
    23-Skull and Bones
    24-Dragon Quest XI
    25-Resident Evil 2 (2018)

Call of Duty Zombies doesn't get the credit it deserves within EZA. I'm so excited to continue exploring that mode and that story.

• ^ spider-man is on your list twice

One of them is probably red dead

• @hazz3r Okay, I gotta ask... do you hate horror games? Do you want to make Huber cry? I'm not here to place judgement on anyone's placements, but putting Resident Evil 2 last feels real weird to me. I need some enlightenment on this decision because I'm bewildered.

• Updated list :

1. The last of us
    2. Resident Evil 2
    3. Cyberpunk 2077
    4. Sekiro shadows die twice
    5. Ghost of tsushima
    6. Control
    7. Red Dead Redemption 2
    8. Spiderman
    9. Dragon quest XI
    10. Kingdom Hearts III
    11. Devil May Cry 5
    12. The Elder Scrolls VI
    13. Darksiders 3
    14. Fallout 76
    15. Anthem
    16. Pokémon let’s go
    17. Super Smash Bros ultimate
    18. Shadow of the tomb raide
    19. Babylon’s Fall
    20. Forza horizon 4
    21. Call of duty BLOP IV
    22. Skull and bones
    23. Halo Infinite
    24. Gears 5
    25. Team Sonic Racing

After watching the last Pokémon let’s go trailer i moved it from 17 to 16

• @Hazz3r As TokyoSlim pointed out, Spiderman is double placed and Red Dead is missing. Please make the appropriate change so I can factor in your desires.

• @sabotagethetruth I don't hate them, but horror in general just affects my psyche in dumb ways and makes me lose sleep. It's frustrating. PT fucked my head for weeks.

I won't deny that it looks incredible, and I'd love to be able to play it, but I don't desire the aftermath that comes with it.

Resident Evil Remaster is on my list of things to play, and who knows, if I get invested in the universe it might change my mind. I managed to really enjoy the original Outlast because it was mostly thriller rather than supernatural horror. But until then, I'd rather play just about anything else.

@TokyoSlim Cheers, mate.

@Brannox All fixed now mate :)

• @hazz3r I'm actually the same with horror games, there's a zero percent chance of me playing it but I do like watching other people playing them so I'll at least enjoy them that way.

• Honestly, most of my most desired games aren't even on the Most Desired list.