YOUR Desire Index

• Updated my list, but I have nothing new to say at the moment so I'm not going to re-quote my index.

• @sheria I think your point stands if this were still GT. Afterall, it was originally just a dumping ground for trailers, the journalistic, front-end side didn't emerge until later.

However, this forum is very clearly dedicated specifically to the Easy Allies Patreon, Youtube, and Twitch channel, with the top section being specifically dedicated to discussions around that content. Naturally, fans of the content might want to discuss related topics like Games and Movies with other fans, which is the point of the secondary sections like Games Discussion.

I certainly wouldn't want you to leave the community, there's a place for everyone, and I encourage you to check out the podcast at least, it's really entertaining. But if you're looking for a community that actually revolves around its community and its community alone, I'd suggest something like Neogaf, Resetera or maybe even SomethingAwful. I frequent all three and really enjoy them.

Edit: Given its location and name, I feel like the topic may be a little confusing. It might be worth moving into Shows Discussion and calling it something like "EZA Community Desire Index".

• @hazz3r said in YOUR Desire Index:

It might be worth moving into Shows Discussion and calling it something like "EZA Community Desire Index".

There is already a show topic about the Allies Desire Index, which might confuse things even more. I feel like this is as much a community games thread as Kill Your Babies or community top lists.

Anyhow, I think this DISCUSSION could move to it's own topic, if we want to continue it so we can let people get back to the game. :p

• Sorry everybody for this being later than I wanted it to be, but here we are! Version 5.0!

And ladies and gentlemen… we have a new number 1.

As is tradition of a new version, there’s always wild movement, but CyberPunk’s consecutive streak of being at the top has finally ended. Ghost of Tsushima jumps from 5th to be the new most desired game.

While the previous top 4 move down a space to compensate, Red Dead Redemption 2 is able to stay there, but only ahead of a tie by 0.2. That tie is between Resident Evil 2: Remake and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. RE2: R is able to win out because of having one more second highest desire. Sekiro is now at its highest position ever at 6th.

Kingdom Hearts III gets a massive boost of four places, coming back into the top 10 to 7th. It’s only ahead of the first of three newcomers, Death Stranding, by 0.35. Death Stranding’s debut is able to be in the top 10, but only by 0.3 over Smash, which leads Control by 0.1.

Devil May Cry slips two spots out of the top 10, but is ahead of this update’s biggest loser, The Last of Us Part II, by 0.35. TLoU Pt. II freefell by DOUBLE its previous spot: It went from being close to cracking the top 5 in 6th to now completely out of the top 10 at 12th. And the fall could’ve been worse, as it’s only ahead of Babylon’s Fall by a quarter of a point. Speaking of Babylon’s Fall, I would’ve considered it the update’s biggest winner by improving five positions from 18th to 13th, if it wasn’t for Ghost of Tsushima being the new list starter.

Forza Horizon 4 is able to stay ahead of the list’s second newcomer Dreams by only 0.15.

Fallout 76 falls five spots from 13th to 18th and is just beat out by TLoU Pt. II for having the most worst outing this go-round. But fun fact: Now the record for two games switching spots with games in between is five, because Babylon’s Fall was in this position last update.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is only able to stay ahead of Darksiders III by 0.1.

Skull & Bones and The Elder Scrolls VI tied, and Skull & Bones wins by having a top 10 desire. Granted, it’s ninth, but still. And what I said about Fallout losing out? The Elder Scrolls VI was worse, tying TLoU Pt. II with six spots down, now TES VI is out of the top 20 at 22. The tie is only ahead of Gears 5 by 0.3, which is only ahead of Anthem by half a point.

Crackdown 3, the final newcomer, couldn’t get enough hype or interest to debut outside of the bottom three, so Pokemon Let’s Go is thankful for it.

And the final note: CoD: BlOps IV is behind Team Sonic Racing by FOUR. WHOLE. POINTS.

To conclude, a brief reasoning for my placement of the newcomers:

Death Stranding – Just outside of the top 5, I’m interested in it simply because of morbid curiosity. I don’t think I’ve followed a game as much for as long that I may not even play. What even IS THIS GAME?!

Crackdown 3 – The first was alright, but nothing really special. I didn’t play 2 and heard it was bad. This has been a project known for over four YEARS. It’s been delayed by a MASSIVE margin TWICE. This won’t fare fantastic.

Dreams – I’m not creative at all, and I really don’t like the look. So it finds itself near the bottom for me, just behind Crackdown 3 and Fallout 76.

• Hey, I'm late to the party but I really wanna join in on the fun. Do I make a new post every week when I want to update my DESIRE INDEX or do I edit this post?

DIPSET DESIRE INDEX

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    4. Death Stranding
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Kingdom Hearts III
    7. Control
    8. Dreams
    9. Ghost of Tsushima
    10. Devil May Cry 5
    11. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    12. The Elder Scrolls VI
    13. Halo: Infinite
    14. Fallout 76
    15. Red Dead Redemption 2
    16. Spiderman
    17. Dragon Quest XI
    18. Forza Horizon 4
    19. Babylon's Fall
    20. Skull & Bones
    21. Darksiders III
    22. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    23. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    24. Team Sonic Racing
    25. Gears 5
    26. Crackdown 3
    27. Anthem
    28. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

• @dipset just edit that one and then make a reply to it that you updated it. I think that's easiest and how ive been doing it.

• @brannox said in YOUR Desire Index:

Dreams – I’m not creative at all, and I really don’t like the look. So it finds itself near the bottom for me

Boo

That's the beauty of Dreams tho, you can play OTHER people's stuff. You don't have to create anything!

Doesn't really have "a look" by the way. They've just been showing off like two sets of assets. People are gonna go nuts.

Like Jones, I also have a game I'm planning on making. Doesn't look or play like anything they've showed off so far. I'm just waiting for the tools to be delivered.

• @DIPSET Welcome! I'll add your desires now.

@TokyoSlim I disagree about the look. It has a painterly, clay-model style to everything that doesn't vibe with me.

It has a painterly, clay-model style to everything that doesn't vibe with me.

I think you're selling it way short.

• Update 5.1 is a quick turnaround with equally as quick movement.

First up, Resident Evil 2 Remake breaks the tie over Sekiro by 0.2. Sekiro now has its first ever top five spot. And by the way, both move up two places.

Kingdom Hearts III finds itself in a tie with Spiderman, which tumbled three spots OUT of the top five to sixth, where Kingdom Hearts III squeaks in at five. They’re both ahead of Death Stranding 0.1, which is able to get ahead of Red Dead Redemption 2 by also 0.1, but Red Dead is an even bigger loser, falling out of the top five and four total places from fourth to eighth.

Control stays ahead of The Last of Us Part II by 0.1, which is ahead of Smash by 0.2. TLoU Pt. II is able to get back into the top 10 at tenth. As TLoU Pt. II gets in, Smash falls out. Devil May Cry 5 is behind all of that by only 0.3.

Dreams and Forza Horizon 4 switch positions.

The Elder Scrolls VI gets a big jump of three spots and gets back into the top 20 by 0.1 over Darksiders III, which leads Shadow of the Tomb Raider by 0.2.

While Spiderman leaving the top five was a surprise for me, seeing Pokemon Let’s Go winning a tie over Anthem is a bigger out of nowhere turn of events. Pokemon Let’s Go gets the edge by having a sixth highest desire to Anthem’s eighth highest.

@TokyoSlim Maybe, but if I don't like how a game looks, I just can't get into it. Hence, why I'm not interested in Dragon Quest.

• List updated, don't really care about any of these games. If I had an xbox I'd probably give crackdown 3 a shot at least, but Dreams just isn't my thing (never got into LBP either, though I did enjoy Mario Maker I guess so who knows) and Death Stranding is frankly at the point where they either need to start showing something besides cryptic trailers or disappear until they've got more gameplay to show than a five second clip of norman reedus walking slowly.

• @miserableperson said in YOUR Desire Index:

v.5

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. Gears 5
    3. Forza Horizon 4
    4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    5. Red Dead Redemption 2
    6. Halo Infinite
    7. Control
    8. Cyberpunk 2077
    9. Dreams
    10. Crackdown 3
    11. Spider-Man
    12. Fallout 76
    13. The Elder Scrolls VI
    14. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    15. Anthem
    16. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    17. Skull & Bones
    18. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    19. Ghost of Tsushima
    20. Dragon Quest XI
    21. Kingdom Hearts III
    22. Devil May Cry V
    23. The Last of Us: Part II
    24. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Eevee!
    25. Death Stranding
    26. Darksiders III
    27. Babylon's Fall
    28. Team Sonic Racing

Updated for 7.18.18

• Update 5.2 is here and CyberPunk reclaims the top overall desire from Ghost of Tsushima. But underneath it holds the more intriguing movement.

From Spiderman to Control, five games are separated by less than a point. Spiderman jumps back into the top five by gaining two spots and a 0.1 lead over Red Dead Redemption 2 who had a bigger jump by three spots rounding out the top five. Smash makes an even BIGGER leap, hopping five places coming just from outside the top 10 to just outside the top five. It trails Red Dead by also the slim margin of 0.1. Sekiro sits behind it by half a point, but just ahead of Control by, you guessed it, 0.1. This update was not kind to Sekiro, forcing it down three spots.

Kingdom Hearts III only trails Control by 0.4, but is a bigger loser than Sekiro, falling four and out of the top five, but is still able to stay in the top 10.

Death Stranding had just as bad a time as KH III, but it’s made worse by it finding itself outside of the top 10 in 11th.

Yet, The Last of Us Part II was the biggest loser of all, falling five places, out of the top 10, and is only able to stay ahead of Dragon Quest XI by 0.2. From TLoU Pt. II to Babylon’s Fall is only a half point of difference. Dragon Quest is able to stay ahead of Halo: Infinite by 0.1 while Babylon’s Fall trails Halo by 0.2. Babylon’s Fall didn’t have a good showing either, dropping two spots and barely clinging to the top 15.

And much like an actual race, Forza Horizon 4 and Dreams go back and forth, with Forza nosing ahead this time by 0.2.

Skull & Bones is able to rise three spots, back into the top 20, and the difference between it and Gears 5 isn’t quite a full point. Granted, the differences between The Elder Scrolls VI, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Gears 5 is 0.1 apiece, but still….

Darksiders III didn’t have a good showing, falling three spots and out of the top 20, finding itself at 23rd.

Crackdown 3 is able to get the jump on Anthem by 0.2.

Pokemon Let’s Go slips back into the bottom three, and is only ahead of Team Sonic Racing by 0.3. While Anthem stayed in its spot, Anthem and Pokemon Let’s Go traded places around it.

if I don't like how a game looks, I just can't get into it.

That's the part of Dreams I feel you're selling short.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Dreams can look a bunch of different ways. It depends on what the person creates. Like podracing!
    alt text

• @tokyoslim You see, THOSE are the kinds of things I would like to see, but every time Dreams is being covered (or rather, when I happen to see it being covered), it's the same, blocky, pottery clay aspects, which you can see in the black and white and gif shots you've provided.

HOWEVER, the first picture of the frogs and ESPECIALLY the cityscape (though I wish wasn't too heavily like a painting, but it is what it is.) are captivating. The frogs and the birthday room I never would've guessed were from Dreams.

As for the other two photos (so I don't leave any out), they're neither here nor there for me personally. I've gotten nothing against those styles, but if an entire game was based off of those aesthetics, I probably wouldn't pick it up.

From the examples you've provided, you've done more in a moment on showcasing Dreams' diversity in its look than I've seen anywhere. But at the same time, I don't think it's enough to significantly move me on my overall feelings toward the game.

• @hazz3r said in YOUR Desire Index:

@sheria I think your point stands if this were still GT. Afterall, it was originally just a dumping ground for trailers, the journalistic, front-end side didn't emerge until later.

However, this forum is very clearly dedicated specifically to the Easy Allies Patreon, Youtube, and Twitch channel, with the top section being specifically dedicated to discussions around that content. Naturally, fans of the content might want to discuss related topics like Games and Movies with other fans, which is the point of the secondary sections like Games Discussion.

I certainly wouldn't want you to leave the community, there's a place for everyone, and I encourage you to check out the podcast at least, it's really entertaining. But if you're looking for a community that actually revolves around its community and its community alone, I'd suggest something like Neogaf, Resetera or maybe even SomethingAwful. I frequent all three and really enjoy them.

Edit: Given its location and name, I feel like the topic may be a little confusing. It might be worth moving into Shows Discussion and calling it something like "EZA Community Desire Index".

Thank you for your reply, it clears quite a bit up for me. I really do enjoy this community though, Gamefaqs is the only other place I really visit frequently for game discussion though these days. I appreciate the suggestions though, but all these new fangled things like twitch, patreon and what not just aren't things recognise, sign of my age I guess.

I shall update my list when I get a chance.

• @axel said in YOUR Desire Index:

Cyberpunk 2077
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    Spider-Man
    The Last of Us Part II
    Skull & Bones
    Gears 5
    Devil May Cry V
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee
    Red Dead Redemption II
    Darksiders 3
    Dragon Quest XI
    Halo: Infinite
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    Death Stranding
    Anthem
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Control
    Babylon's Fall
    Forza Horizon 4
    Dreams
    Team Sonic Racing
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Crackdown 3
    Fallout 76
    Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Updated!

• @hidz said in YOUR Desire Index:

1. Resident Evil 2
    2. Cyberpunk 2077
    3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    4. Ghost of Tsushima
    5. Kingdom Hearts 3
    6. Devil May Cry 5
    7. The Last of Us Part 2
    8. Red Dead Redemption 2
    9. Dreams
    10. Control
    11. Spider-Man
    12. Dragon Quest XI
    13. Death Stranding
    14. Darksiders 3
    15. Fallout 76
    16. Skull & Bones
    17. The Elder Scrolls VI
    18. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    19. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    20. Babylon's Fall
    21. Halo: Infinite
    22. Forza Horizon 4
    23. Sonic Team Racing
    24. Gears 5
    25. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    26. Anthem
    27. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
    28. Crackdown 3

Updated

• Updated list

1. The last of us
    2. Resident Evil 2
    3. Cyberpunk 2077
    4. Death Stranding
    5. Sekiro shadows die twice
    6. Ghost of tsushima
    7. Control
    8. Red Dead Redemption 2
    9. Spiderman
    10. Dragon quest XI
    11. Kingdom Hearts III
    12. Devil May Cry 5
    13. The Elder Scrolls VI
    14. Darksiders 3
    15. Dreams
    16. Fallout 76
    17. Anthem
    18. Pokémon let’s go
    19. Super Smash Bros ultimate
    20. Shadow of the tomb raide
    21. Babylon’s Fall
    22. Forza horizon 4
    23. Skull and bones
    24. Halo Infinite
    25. Gears 5
    26. Call of duty BLOP IV
    27. Team Sonic Racing
    28. Crackdown 3

• @tokyoslim

I was playing Mario Odyssey the other day. I was in the Luncheon Kingdom which looks like this: alt text

And I was just thinking about how something like this can basically just be made in Dreams. Shapes, the size, the verticality, the colours. I am not the creator type, but I played maybe 5 hours of 4 player co-op in LBP 2 on just one bomb survival type level a user uploaded. I am in it to play other peoples Dreams and when I see stuff like the screenshots you posted, I get even more excited and I rarely get excited for video games anymore. I'm honestly disappointed I haven't put Dreams higher on my Index.