YOUR Desire Index

• @ACardAttack In order for me to factor in your list, it needs to be complete in full. The reason I need a full list is so games are not skewed improperly. However, if you just wanted to post your list without being a part of the Master Index, that's totally fine! So, if you WOULD like to be a part of it, please factor in your bottom six (or, if you prefer, if that is the order you want to have then let me know) OR if you're fine with just posting your list without it being calculated, please say so that way I can bypass it.

• Updated my list. Dreams slid into my top 10 because of the potential and creativity they've shown so far, Death Stranding ranks rather low because as much as I love Kojima, everything I've seen has bored me to tears, and Crackdown 3 made me honestly wonder if it should be at the very bottom but instead, ranks just slightly above Anthem.

• For Update 5.6, movement was scarce, but there was a tightening in some spots. Within the top five, Red Dead Redemption 2 can only hold its lead over Resident Evil 2: Remake by 0.05. And The Last of Us Part II only trails by 0.15.

Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro traded places, with Smash sitting in between. The razor thin margin? DMC 5 has a 0.05 advantage, and Smash has it by 0.15.

Once again, Kingdom Hearts III and Death Stranding flip positions with a 0.3 difference. They trail Control only by just shy of a half point.

Three quarters of a point is all that separates Darksiders III and the Elder Scrolls VI. Between them sits Babylon’s Fall (trails by 0.2), Shadow of the Tomb Raider (trailing BF by 0.05), and Skull & Bones (trailing Shadow by 0.05 as well). As a result of this, Babylon’s Fall and Shadow switched spots.

As you can see, there are three areas on the list (at this point until the next version) where a single list can make significant impact: Bottom of the top 5, just outside of the top 10, and near the bottom of the top 20.

• Cyberpunk 2077
    The Elder Scrolls VI
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Spiderman
    Fallout 76
    Control
    The Last of Us 2
    Ghosts of Tsushima
    Forza Horizon 4
    Gears 5
    Skull and Bones
    Shadow of the Tombraider
    Anthem
    Dreams
    Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
    Crackdown 3
    Halo: Infinite
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Death Stranding
    Dragon Quest XI
    Babylon's Fall
    Darksiders III
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Devil May Cry 5
    Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

• @sunpraiser said in YOUR Desire Index:

1 Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2 Spiderman
    3 Cyberpunk 2077
    4 Red Dead Redemption 2
    5 Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    6 The Last Of Us Part 2
    7 Death Stranding
    8 Ghost of Tsushima
    9 Control
    10 Dreams
    11 Dragon Quest 11
    12 Super Smash Bros.
    13 Babylons Fall
    14 Devil May Cry 5
    15 Darksiders 3
    16 Shadow of The Tomb Raider
    17 Elder Scrolls 6

18 Gears 5
    19 Skull And Bones
    20 Fallout 76
    21 Anthem
    22 Forza Horizon 4
    23 Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    24 Kingdom Hearts 3
    25 Halo Infinite
    26 Sonic Team Racing
    27 Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu (and evee)
    28 Crackdown 3

Gears 5 is my cut-off point for really caring or being interested right now, simply because i don't own an Xbone

Updated my list!

• Global Moderator

@lotias said in YOUR Desire Index:

Cyberpunk 2077
    The Last of Us Part II
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Halo: Infinite
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Skull & Bones
    Fallout 76
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    Babylon's Fall
    Sonic Team Racing

Realised I hadnt updated my list for quite some time, so here we go!

1. Cyberpunk 2077
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Ghost of Tsushima
    4. Red Dead Redemption 2
    5. Kingdom Hearts III
    6. Darksiders 3
    7. Death Stranding
    8. Halo: Infinite
    9. Devil May Cry 5
    10. Elder Scrolls 6
    11. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    12. Dragon Quest 11
    13. Spiderman
    14. Skull & Bones
    15. Forza Horizon 4
    16. Crackdown 3
    17. Fallout 76
    18. Dreams
    19. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    20. Anthem
    21. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    22. Babylon's Fall
    23. Gears of War 5
    24. Shadow of The Tomb Raider
    25. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    26. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu (and evee)
    27. Sonic Team Racing
    28. Control

After the 15 first its really hard to decide which one goes where as there are different reasons to why I put them where I did, mainly "how realistic is it that I will/want to play these?"

• What did Remedy ever do to Lotias? :/

• @jamicov said in YOUR Desire Index:

Here's my list! I feel good about the beginning and end of the list, but the middle is where I get foggy. I feel like anything from #8 to #15 could be moved around. And hopefully I can do right by TLOU2 and bump it back up.

1. Kingdom Hearts III
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Spider-Man
    4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    5. Cyberpunk 2077
    6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    7. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    8. Ghost of Tsushima
    9. Death Stranding
    10. Dragon Quest XI
    11. Red Dead Redemption 2
    12. Fallout 76
    13. Control
    14. Dreams
    15. Devil May Cry 5
    16. Anthem
    17. Babylon's Fall
    18. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu
    19. Halo: Infinite
    20. The Elder Scrolls VI
    21. Darksiders III
    22. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    23. Skull & Bones
    24. Gears 5
    25. Forza Horizon 4
    26. Sonic Team Racing
    27. Call of Duty: Black Ops IV
    28. Crackdown 3

Updated my list! I've started to come to terms with Pokemon, so that moved up a bit. For the new stuff, Forza, Crackdown, and Tomb Raider are pretty low, I don't have much interest in them. I had never paid attention to Darksiders, but the description from the EZA podcast made me somewhat interested, so that's why that's above the others. And then lastly, I'm pretty excited for Dreams, I was kind of in as soon as I saw that music demo from E3 or PSX or whatever it was. I put that on the mid-to-high end of my list because those sorts of creation games also kinda stress me out.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach Hahaha! Nothing personal! Never felt an interest in their games after Alan Wake. Nothing personal, Just got other games Im more hyped about at the moment :)

• I’m surprised to be giving Update 5.7, not because there are more lists, but because we should know what the next games are sometime late this evening and the next version will be live tonight or sometime tomorrow afternoon. Before I get started, a note to @CJTreader: You’re missing Team Sonic Racing from your list, and because it’s incomplete, I can’t factor it in. BUT: If you wait until tonight or tomorrow when the new games are revealed, you’ll be one of the first to be taken into account! Now onto the changes.

The Last of Us Part II got a big benefit, moving up two and into the top five. It leads Red Dead Redemption 2 by 0.2, which barely holds a 0.1 lead over Resident Evil 2: Remake.

Conversely, Devil May Cry 5 drops two to be behind Sekiro by 0.1.

Death Stranding moves up two to supplant Control for 10th and hold off Kingdom Hearts III by 0.1. Control takes the spot Death Stranding vacated.

Halo: Infinite and Fallout 76 trade places, and the difference between is the mascot of this thread: 0.1.

The most intriguing movement occurs just behind, as Darksiders III moves up one, staying ahead of this update’s big winner The Elder Scrolls VI, which moved up four spots and into the top 20. TES VI is just ahead of Forza Horizon 4 by 0.1, which sputtered down two places, and is ahead of Babylon’s Fall by 0.2, which outpaces Skull & Bones by 0.3, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider brings up the last of this group (and another game that fell two) by 0.2. All of that means the difference between Darksiders III and Shadow is just over a full point.

As I touched on earlier, I hope to have the next version tonight, but no later than tomorrow afternoon.

• Ladies and Gentlemen, the day has finally come. It was inevitable, but I held out the vain hope it wouldn't until games started releasing:

The Allies do NOT add to the Index this week.

So, a choice. Would you rather:

Wait a week without doing any additions, see if the Allies come back to it (because it is implied during Corrections they will revisit it again at somepoint), and keep doing what we've been doing. If you select this option and the Allies do NOT revisit it next week, we will go to the other option....

OR

Open it up to the chaos. All lists include ALL games (With us KEEPING every game that's been introduced so far.) we desire. This means four things:

1.) You would DROP the games you seriously do not desire AT ALL, but every game that has been introduced will STILL be factored in the index.

2.) The formula would fundamentally change because of number 1. So the Master Index might SIGNIFICANTLY change. Or it might only vary slightly. Games no one desires will of course be at the bottom, but if it's part of the original 28, they will NOT be taken off UNTIL they come out.

3.) I'm considering starting a different thread. With a fundamental shift in how the list is curated, the 325 posts already have followed and focused on a particular way everything was collected, compiled and computed. Also, doing this would mean people wouldn't have to update their first posts here and have a completely fresh start with what they really want. HOWEVER, I'm hesitant to do this because I would like to have this one topic STAY one topic, and this thread shows an evolving and growing narrative, from the first 10 games of immediate post E3 to as of now having an Index 28 strong.

4.) We follow the Allies no more. Meaning: if the Allies DO come back to the index, it doesn't matter for THIS thread specifically (unless anyone wishes to leave a thought about how we differ).

So for all you KYB and SC veterans out there, here's a throwback:

VOTE

Because of this, I'm not going to immediately take lists (unlike the post DIRECTLY above implies), because I want as many of you to make your preference heard. I will check in when I can over the course of the day tomorrow, and by this time tomorrow, I'll call it off. Whatever has the most votes wins. If the first choice, I'll pop back in this time next week. If the latter.... My Friday evening and Saturday are going to be busy.

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for your input and for participating in this fun thread.

• Personally I'd prefer to open it up to all games, because right now it feels less like my Desire Index and more like my Which-game-would-I-least-dislike-to-play-if-forced-at-gunpoint Index.

Not sure I understand why we would keep the current games in though? For example, let's say nobody puts Anthem in their new desire index, why should it even be on the master list then?

But either way, I'll follow the game wherever you take it, thanks again for doing this!

• Opening it up to all games would probably be the best course of action. I also agree with @Axel that we don't necessarily need to stick to the rigid 28 games that are already on the list - and not just because he proposed Anthem not showing up at all. If we're going to go off and do our own thing, may as well go all the way.

• @Axel @SabotageTheTruth Thanks guys! To the point about keeping what's already been introduced, with the new system, they would be at the bottom, and wouldn't be desired at all. But here's the thing: Every. Single. Game. Has at least ONE person that, while not necessarily at the top, has it in their top group. Looking at the numbers, Crackdown 3 and The Elder Scrolls VI MIGHT be excluded, but with only one or even two games, why eliminate just that much (when they're not out yet and won't be for a WHILE)?

Also, something I didn't touch on in the above post, I've always felt this would be the inevitable end, but I really feel that going along with the podcast allowed for games like Call of Duty, Team Sonic Racing, Pokemon Let's Go, Gears 5, and yes, even Anthem, have an opportunity to be included. And I still stand by what I said much, MUCH earlier in the thread concerning upkeep and being orderly on the back end. When the transition happens, I have to throw out everything I've done and start from scratch (which was the genesis to the idea of starting a new thread).

As for following the game, it follows consensus. So if those who agree with you outnumber everyone else (or if NO ONE else votes or comments, YOU will be the consensus =-D ), then I'll switch it up. Either way, look for that final decision soon.

• @brannox Make a post in the topic with the "FINAL" list before yall open it up and go nuts.

• @mbun People can just click the double up arrow at the top to still the most recent version of the Master Index. I always keep it updated with every applicable list.

So no "Final" post like your suggestion would be necessary. Also, the concept of a "Final" list wouldn't work as the Desire Index is ever-living.

• @brannox I'm saying the Master Index is going to get nuts if you open it up to every game or whatever. Before that happens, preserve the "FINAL" iteration of the one that followed the Podcast by posting it, then you can keep updating the one at the top with whatever new rules yall use from there on.

• Let's just wait, the only time Everything Now was a reasonable thing to consider was when Arcade Fire did it, and it's only decent at best.

• I think we could put this thread on hold and come back to the Official Index Games™ if and when the Allies return to the Index on the podcast. Then we'll continue moving those certain games into our most desired order.

At this point a new thread for "every game you want" could be the thing to do. People will get it. Just put a link here and explain the situation in the opening post of how things are now between the two threads.

I have a question, though. How would the points work, when people would have lists of different lengths? I mean one person could have 15 games on their index, another one 40. How would the points be distributed from those lists? Would the person with the longest list have the most influence on the Master Index?

Anyway, thanks for continuing to do this! I can tell you're both excited and maybe slightly worried about the chaos that the open-list system would create. You'll manage it!

• @bennysce updated!