YOUR Desire Index

• @smoothrunes It isn't a "score" per se. And don't worry: If a person only has one game or 100, their desires will be taken into account. But again: We're currently waiting to see if the Allies will revisit the Desire Index, and we won't know that for AT LEAST another two days. If they do, I won't be using the new system. As I said above, I promise to go into a full detailed breakdown of how it'll work the instant I find out the Index is not visited.

• Ok everyone....

The Desire Index was NOT revisited, and thus, this index now changes.

This is how it'll happen:

Bring a list of ONLY the games you desire. Drop all games from what we've already covered from your list (but they'll stick around...). NO CAP on how many games on what you desire. The Master Index will then be ordered by HOW MANY TIMES A GAME MAKES A LIST.

Hypothetical example: There are 7 lists, with a different amount of games for every list. CyberPunk is on every list. Therefore, it takes the highest desire, UNLESS there is a game that TIES it. THEN whichever game has the highest individual desire will take precedent. So in keeping with this example, let's say Spiderman ALSO is represented on every list. However, Spiderman has two highest desires to CyberPunk's one. In this instance, Spiderman takes the place of the highest overall desire.

So to recap:

1.) The amount of times a game makes a list determines its spot. The more appearances, the higher it's spot.

2.) In order to break a tie at ANY spot, a person's highest desire will break it. So if in the middle of the ranking, someone has a game as their fourth highest desire, and that is the top desire between the games in the tie, that fourth highest makes it the more desired game overall.

3.) IN THE INSTANCE a game we've already covered does NOT get a nomination, it will populate the very bottom, and I will break that tie by personal preference. I do NOT believe this will matter much because almost EVERY game had been in someone's top three or five (Yes, even Call of Duty).

This also means that when you give your updated list, for all intents and purposes, it'll be your FINAL update, because there won't be adding week to week like we've been doing. I'll provide my list in a separate post, but I will NOT update the Master Index until a few of you can come in and update accordingly. Have as many or few games as you like, so long as they are games you care about.

I'll update hopefully by Friday, if not sooner. Welcome to the beginning of the end of this thread Allies!

• My FINAL desire index is as follows:

1.) Final Fantasy VII: Remake
    2.) Kingdom Hearts III
    3.) The Last of Us Part II
    4.) DOOM: Eternal
    5.) Gears 5
    6.) Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    7.) Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    8.) CyberPunk 2077
    9.) Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
    10.) Metro: Exodus
    11.) Days Gone
    12.) Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    13.) Death Stranding
    14.) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    15.) Halo: Infinite
    16.) Beyond Good & Evil 2
    17.) Gears Tactics
    18.) Gears Pop
    19.) Anthem

For a bonus to give you context on where I'm at (You DON'T have to do the same. If you just want to leave your lists without context, that's totally fine): From Final Fantasy VII: Remake to Gears 5, those are personal, highest priority, guaranteed Day One purchase. Ori, Wolfenstein and CyberPunk are also Day One buys, but they're just shy of being in that top tier. Spyro to Shadow are probably going to get, but I can wait for a little bit. Death Stranding, SWJFO, and Halo are where I need a LOT more information before being more comfortable in getting them. And finally, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Anthem are practically off the list, but they have one final shot to convince me to jump on board after all the personal turnoffs I've heard at and/or since E3.

• Oh, so you mean to tell me they didn't revisit it after a week? Wow, I'm so surprised!

alt text

I'll update my list in the next few days, I'm a bit of a busy bee over here what with work and automobile problems.

• Updated 9/18

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    2. Metal Wolf Chaos XD
    3. Cyberpunk Bartender Action: N1RV Ann-A
    4. The World Ends With You: Final Mix
    5. Devil May Cry 5
    6. Umihara Kawase Fresh!
    7. Judge Eyes
    8. Shenmue III
    9. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session
    10. Shenmue III
    11. Bayonetta 3
    12. Catherine: Full Body
    13. Mega Man 11
    14. Cyberpunk 2077
    15. Red Dead Redemption 2
    16. Animal Crossing Switch
    17. Sukeban Games' "Next Game"
    18. My Hero One's Justice

• @sabotagethetruth Ooooooo, coming in hot with the sass! ;-)

• Am I allowed to put an unannounced game on the list? For instance, I am super hyped for whatever Rocksteady's next game is, but we don't actually know what it is yet.

• I feel like the Allies WILL revisit the Index at a later point, and therefore I would've hoped for a new, separate thread for this new system of ours. Things would've looked a lot cleaner that way.

• Updated my list and I decided to cut it down to a top 20.

1.) Resident Evil 2
    2.) Yakuza Kiwami 2
    3.) Shenmue 3
    4.) Cyberpunk 2077
    5.) Shenmue 1+2 HD
    6.) Valkyria Chronicles 4
    7.) Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
    8.) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    9.) Ghost of Tsushima
    10.) Kingdom Hearts 3
    11.) Final Fantasy VII Remake
    12.) Devil May Cry 5
    13.) Red Dead Redemption 2
    14.) Spyro - Reignited Trilogy
    15.) The Last of Us Part 2
    16.) Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight/Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight
    17.) Dragon Quest XI
    18.) Dreams
    19.) Spider-Man
    20.) Death Stranding

Resident Evil 2 still remains as my most desired game, moved Red Dead Redemption 2 and Dragon Quest XI up on my list. The majority of the titles are coming out soon, so the list will get a update in a few months.

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    2. Resident Evil 2
    3. Devil May Cry 5
    4. DOOM Eternal
    5. Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2
    6. Mortal Kombat 11
    7. Daemon X Machina
    8. Control
    9. Cyberpunk 2077
    10. Metal Wolf Chaos XD
    11. Bayonetta 3
    12. Metroid Prime 4
    13. Nioh 2
    14. Death Stranding
    15. Judgement
    16. Code Vein
    17. Beyond Good & Evil 2
    18. Ghost of Tsushima
    19. The Last of Us Part II
    20. Onimusha: Warlords
    21. The Outer Worlds
    22. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
    23. Jump Force
    24. Carrion
    25. Starfield
    26. Babylon's Fall
    27. Rage 2
    28. Hellpoint
    29. Anthem
    30. Halo: Infinite
    31. My Friend Pedro
    32. UnDungeon
    33. Age of Wonders: Planetfall
    34. Trials Rising

• @Capnbobamous I don't see why not. Go right ahead.

@Sentinel-Beach I was considering it, but decided to keep it in one thread because I felt having two similar threads wouldn't be necessary.

@Hidz and @smoothrunes Thanks! I'll put yours down when I get the first opportunity.

• @Brannox Is there a deadline to this, and if so what is it? Since we can't change our "final lists", it feels like I have to spend some extra time researching before posting it. I hope you aren't going to require us to set our desires indicies in stone with just a few days notice.

• @chocobop Of course not! Take all the time you need. The thread lives on in perpetuity, but I use "Final" because after someone gives their list, I don't foresee people coming back. The thread will always be here, so if I see a list get added, I'll always factor something in. It's just I don't know what incentive people have to come back again once they've updated.

1. Cyberpunk 2077
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Ghosts of Tsushima
    4. Ace Combat 7
    5. Shenmue 3
    6. Control
    7. Death Stranding
    8. The Other Worlds
    9. Days Gone
    10. Devil May Cry V
    11. Rage 2
    12. Dreams
    13. Doom Eternal
    14. Wolfenstein Youngblood
    15. The Pathless
    16. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    17. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    18. Onimusha: Warlords
    19. Judgment
    20. Kingdom Hearts 3
    21. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    22. MediEvil PS4
    23. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

• Unless I'm forgetting something which I may well be I think my list would be the following.

1. Valkyria Chronicles 4
    2. Trails of Cold Steel 3
    3. Persona Q 2 New Cinema Labyrinth
    4. Psychonauts 2
    5. Catherine Full Body
    6. 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
    7. Project Re:Fantasy
    8. Shin Megami Tensei V
    9. Cyberpunk 2077
    10. Life is Strange 2
    11. Beyond Good and Evil 2
    12. The Last of Us Part II
    13. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    14. Metro Exodus
    15. Persona 3/5 Dancing
    16. Kingdom Hearts III
    17. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
    18. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    19. Spider-Man
    20. Red Dead Redemption 2
    21. Gris
    22. Control
    23. Death Stranding
    24. Dreams
    25. Bayonetta 3
    26. Devil May Cry 5
    27. Ghost of Tsushima
    28. Dragon Quest XI

• @brannox said in YOUR Desire Index:

It's just I don't know what incentive people have to come back again once they've updated.

I feel the opposite actually, shouldn't these lists be ever-evolving, by definition?

Once a game gets released, it has to be removed from all lists. When a new game gets announced, it might make it to several people lists. Even a new trailer for a game could suddenly make me more excited for it than I was before and take it up a few spots.

Obviously this means you'll forever be tasked with updating this thread, soooooo good luck with that :D

• @axel I could see ever-evolving if new games were announced at a more rapid pace, but it takes roughly two-three months before that really happens with any real consistency.

And when a game gets released, it does fall out of the Master Index, but once everyone has given their lists, those games won't matter anymore when they get released.

As for personal placement, sure, but I'm not that will matter in the long run when there are so many games.

As far as curating the thread, not really. It'll probably be severely worn by the time February gets here, because by then more games will have been released than announced.

• 1-Spyro Reignited Trilogy
    2-HITMAN 2
    3-The Walking Dead: The Final Season
    4-Life Is Strange 2
    5-Cyberpunk 2077
    6-Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    7-Death Stranding
    8-Ghosts of Tsushima
    9-Fallout 76
    10- The Last of Us Part 2
    11-Red Dead Redemption 2
    12-Spiderman
    13- Forza Horizon 4
    14-Darksiders 3

• Ladies and gentlemen. The Desire Master Index has had its complete overhaul. There are. SEVENTY. EIGHT. GAMES. Here’s a breakdown of how to read the list and how everything will proceed from here:

1.) Whatever the top amount of entries are is the max amount of lists (as of now. This could change)

2.) The number next to a game is its overall spot

3.) Games only represented once hold half the lists. Surprising, Spryo: Reignited Trilogy may have four separate desires, but there are more games that have five, three and even zero desires than just four.

4.) Because this is a complete redesign, I can’t do the regular recaps for this post specifically, BUT I can do so moving forward, and I expect a lot of wild movement, because just one person can have a much more significant impact.

5.) I will say this though: CyberPunk is no longer the top desire, because it doesn’t have a top desire (yet). The new Most Desired Game here in the forums now belongs to The Last of Us Part II.

6.) Tiebreaks were fun to deal with, as the more times a game appears, if it falls into a tiebreaker, the more through I must be with the lists to determine what deserves precedent. The further down, the easier it becomes because there are fewer times the game appears. When it gets to only one entry, I have to make the call, but it’s only by one position and that doesn’t occur until the 40s.

7.) I touched on it in my teases and briefly mentioned it above, but as promised, those that would not get a vote, but we DID cover over the course of the thread, would still be present. And as I said, they’re at the bottom. So as of now, Skull & Bones, Pokemon Let’s Go, Crackdown 3, The Elder Scrolls VI and Team Sonic Racing currently have no one to champion them.

8.) One final thing, and it’s actually a request: If a game releases and I miss that, please say as much here in the thread so it can come off the Master Index. I’m bound to miss something.

I THINK that’s everything. I hope you enjoy!

P.S. Sorry for the weird format issue at the top of the One Entry portion. I don't know how to fix it.

1. Cyberpunk
    2. Spider-Man
    3. Kingdom Hearts 3
    4. Red Dead Redemption 2
    5. Ghosts of Tsushima
    6. Control
    7. Psychonauts 2
    8. Final Fantasy Remake
    9. Trails of Cold Steel 3
    10. Devil May Cry V
    11. Shenmue 3
    12. Death Stranding
    13. Dreams
    14. Anthem
    15. Beyond Good and Evil 2
    16. Soul Calibur 6

I'm happy to give Cyberpunk it's first #1 desire pick.