YOUR Desire Index

• @black-cell said in YOUR Desire Index:

its only getting hype because its by CDPR

No, I'm hyped because it's Cyberpunk.

• @brannox said in YOUR Desire Index:

@Sheria May I ask why it's surprising?

Oh gosh, number of things really. Ultimately though, it was just the trailer itself in combination with the original game itself. I'm surprised there was honestly much interest in another of that series.

• @sheria Then that's just personal interest and not a holistic view of everyone else. Bummer, it didn't vibe for you, but not everything will for everyone. Thank you for responding!

• @sheria The last two trailers have really bombed it for me, but I love the original so even though right now I'm not really hyped for it at all, I'm still holding out hope the final game is good.

• Man, there's still a lot of cool games not on the list (Sekiro, Tsushima, DMC V, etc) and it's already very interesting to see all the lists here. Can't wait for the next addition to the index.

• @brannox said in YOUR Desire Index:

@sheria Then that's just personal interest and not a holistic view of everyone else. Bummer, it didn't vibe for you, but not everything will for everyone. Thank you for responding!

Well of course, that goes for anything really. I've seen you admit to surprise to results on a few occasions as well though, I'm not sure why mine needs explaining.

• @sheria The surprise I've expressed has always stemmed from a pre-established sentiment about certain games like Zelda, Dark Souls or Yakuza for example being a shared love and interest among many, but they be overtaken by others, whereas in this instance, and this instance alone, expressing surprise about The Last of Us Part II having considerable interest is something I was surprised by, not because you don't have interest, but because it's placement is the vibe I've gotten from many in my time here and that being: "Yeah it's alright, but there are other games I care more for."

Now, to open myself up for even more correction, and following my same train of thought, I WOULD be surprised if say Spiderman, Death Stranding, or Sekiro don't have a lot of high placement. This is because I've seen from many, not just a couple, be really high on those games. And personally, I only cursory interest in one: Death Stranding.

All of that long-windedness to say: It struck me as odd you expressed that it was surprising it has some desire when most lists here have it in the top three if not half, and it being the original being beloved by quite a bit of people. Granted, I might be skewed for this thread specifically because I'm keeping a full record of all lists, so I've got numbers staring back at me.

• It would simply seem our "vibes" differ. I will say that I go by opinions far more than just what I see on this forum. There's no right or wrong here, it's just that its popularity, especially after THAT showing, surprised me.

• @sheria I agree with you all the way to "THAT." If you are referring to the trailer, I thought it was totally fine. If you're referring to the presentation, then I agree the framing around it was atrocious. And I guess my confusion lies in what specifically about The Last of Us Part II you're referring to: the trailer or its presentation.

I, too go off more than the forums, however, I try to adjust what to expect here than say with my friends, or from EZA themselves.

• @black-cell said in YOUR Desire Index:

its fully open world with driving. so expect some sort of boredom. the shooting like borderlands and bulletsponges enemies, should have full fledge male protagonist instead of customizable character. plus im no fan of romance system in these type of games. can you imagine it in original Deus Ex??

my biggest concern is fully open world.

Wjat.
    Why?
    This is based off of a table top RPG in which you create your own character, so character creation makes sense. This isn't like The Witcher where the protagonist is already very clearly defined.

Thank god you don't design games.

Personally my only complaint so far is that they clearly want you to play a more street level character, so my chances of playing a Max Tac are pretty slim.

• @el-shmiablo said in YOUR Desire Index:

@black-cell said in YOUR Desire Index:

its fully open world with driving. so expect some sort of boredom. the shooting like borderlands and bulletsponges enemies, should have full fledge male protagonist instead of customizable character. plus im no fan of romance system in these type of games. can you imagine it in original Deus Ex??

my biggest concern is fully open world.

Wjat.
    Why?
    This is based off of a table top RPG in which you create your own character, so character creation makes sense. This isn't like The Witcher where the protagonist is already very clearly defined.

Personally my only complaint so far is that they clearly want you to play a more street level character, so my chances of playing a Max Tac are pretty slim.

Its still a new IP. it is based on pen and paper game but who cares about pen and paper board games?

for video game prespective its completely new IP.

• @el-shmiablo said in YOUR Desire Index:

• My list out of the given choices is:

Cyberpunk 2077
    The Last of Us Part II
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Babylon's Fall
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Fallout 76
    Sonic Team Racing
    Skull & Bones
    Halo Infinite
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate

But my personal list is:

Hitman 2
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    The Last of Us Part II
    Death Stranding
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Medievil Remake
    Spider-Man
    Forza Horizon 4
    Resident Evil 2 Remake

• Global Moderator

@Brannox Thank you for creating this thread, also for keeping it updated <3

MY Index looks as follows:

Cyberpunk 2077
    The Last of Us Part II
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Halo: Infinite
    Resident Evil 2 Remake
    Skull & Bones
    Fallout 76
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    Babylon's Fall
    Sonic Team Racing

• The 11th update saw no movement beyond averages. Babylon's Fall continues to be only just ahead of Fallout 76 while Halo: Infinite has clawed to within 0.1 of Skull & Bones.

@Lotias Of course! I've said many times and I'll say it again: These kinds of threads are my favorite and I enjoy seeing all the diverse orders people have.

• @brannox You just bring a lot of life and fun to these forums, Brannox. Thank you for that.

• @el-shmiablo You're too kind! That made my day! Thank you very much!

• v.5

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    2. Gears 5
    3. Forza Horizon 4
    4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    5. Red Dead Redemption 2
    6. Halo Infinite
    7. Control
    8. Cyberpunk 2077
    9. Dreams
    10. Crackdown 3
    11. Spider-Man
    12. Fallout 76
    13. The Elder Scrolls VI
    14. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    15. Anthem
    16. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    17. Skull & Bones
    18. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    19. Ghost of Tsushima
    20. Dragon Quest XI
    21. Kingdom Hearts III
    22. Devil May Cry V
    23. The Last of Us: Part II
    24. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Eevee!
    25. Death Stranding
    26. Darksiders III
    27. Babylon's Fall
    28. Team Sonic Racing

• A dozen updates down and while very little happened behind the scenes, there was enough movement to be a significant difference!

As always, the top five are pretty set.

Fallout 76 pulled ahead by 0.1 over Babylon's Fall while Halo: Infinite tied with Skull & Bones, but takes precedent by having one more person having it as their fourth most desired game (really).

The difference between Fallout 76 and Skull & Bones is only 0.3.

It's starting to look Sonic Team Racing has last place all but locked down.

• Surprise update number 13! While looking at the numbers, something seemed off so I recalculated, and sure enough there is one change with a razor thin difference:

Skull & Bones gets ahead of Halo: Infinite, with the only 0.05 difference.