YOUR Desire Index

• Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum N' Fun (52nd overall with two desires, the highest of which was seventh overall) is now out and as such has been stricken from the Master Index.

• Tetris Effect at 60th overall with two desires, the highest of which was 16th, is now out and as such has been stricken from the Master Index.

This now means the Index is at 100 games exactly.

• Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (16th overall with eight total desires, one of which had it as the most desired game)

Hitman 2 (22nd overall with five total desires, the highest of which had it as the second most desired game)

Both are now out and as such have been stricken from the Master Index.

• The 12th most desired game, Fallout 76 (nine total desires with the highest being fourth overall) is now available and as such has been stricken from the Master Index.

• Small update, removed games that has been released and bumped DMC V up

@bam541 said in YOUR Desire Index:

1. Cyberpunk 2077
    2. The Last of Us Part II
    3. Ghosts of Tsushima
    4. Ace Combat 7
    5. Shenmue 3
    6. Control
    7. Battlefield V
    8. Death Stranding
    9. Days Gone
    10. Devil May Cry V
    11. Rage 2
    12. Dreams
    13. Doom Eternal
    14. Wolfenstein Youngblood
    15. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    16. Onimusha: Warlords
    17. Kingdom Hearts 3
    18. Resident Evil 2 Remake
    19. MediEvil PS4
    20. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

• Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu (22nd overall with fives desires, the highest of which is 10th) is now out and as such has been stricken from the Master Index.

• Battlefield V (47th overall with two desires, the highest of which was seventh) is now out and has been stricken from the Master Index.

• Darksiders III (16th most desired game with six total desires, the highest of which was 10th) is now out and as such has been stricken from the Master Index.

• Persona Q 2 (56th most desired with only desire, but it being third highest) is now out and has been stricken from the Master Index.

• The only thing that really interests me that is close to being realistic is Anthem, and i hope it's good

• Today is a BIG release date! The most subtractions from the Master Index in quite some time. Just Cause 4 was not on the Index, so it doesn't have a place or number of desires, but the following games do (Or did) and because they are out today, have been stricken from the Master Index.

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (27th overall with four desires, the highest of which is 13th)
    Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (37th overall with three desires, the highest of which is 13th)
    Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (50th overall with two desires, the higher of which is 14th)
    Override (83rd overall with one desire of 27th overall)

• I think we should make a 2019 Desire Index

• @iboshow With the exception of about three or four remaining games, the above Index IS a 2019 one.

• @brannox I meant a refresh

• @iboshow As in a new thread? There probably would be anywhere from 10-40 games from the current list missing, but more importantly, do you think half of those who contributed would do so again?

Don't get me wrong, I'm down to do it again, it's just outside of curating the list, this thread practically has no life (Of which I expected by this point), and I don't see the incentive for others to redo it. Although, if I'm wrong, I would love to be proven so!

I DO have a plan for this thread to permanently sunset it, but it needs to be around the end of March for that to work, so I was going to keep with it until then.

• I think those threads have more value when they represent a snapshot of a moment in time, rather than be a continuous thing.

So making a 2019 Desire Index now makes sense to me. Of course there's a lot of 2019 games we don't know about yet, or games we think are 2019 but will end up being 2020.

But in a way that's why it makes more sense to me: constantly updating the list with every new release or announcement negates its relevance, there's never a definitive list. Whereas doing it just before 2019 hits will represent our current feelings, and we can always do another one after E3, for example.

I'd wait until after The Game Awards in any case, since we're likely to see a few new 2019 titles there.

• @axel After Smash, there are only three games coming out on the Index: Earth Defense Force 5, Gris, and Dragon: Marked for Death. By December 14th, that'll be it for updating this thread until the new year. In fact, it'll be a full month!

So, I'm for it. Here's what I'm thinking: Once those last games release, I'll post a poll and give it a day or two: New Thread or Keep Going. If we do a new thread, I'll put my idea for this thread through. If not, I'll keep striking them as they come out. BUT: I'm hoping to see a minimum number of votes. I'm not expecting anything crazy (Double digits seems unrealistic and to say 7-9 feels.... unhealthily optimistic), but if I see at least five or six people at least vote, I'll go through with the vote. If only, say, three or four vote, I'm defaulting to just keep doing what I'm doing until after Q1.

If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them! I like these being a collaborative experience (Hence this discussion =-D ), so if there's a way to improve this, I'm totally open.

• 1.) Resident Evil 2
    2.) Devil May Cry 5
    3.) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    4.) Cyberpunk 2077
    5.) Shenmue 3
    6.) DOOM Eternal
    7.) Judge Eyes
    8.) Ghost of Tsushima
    9.) Kingdom Hearts 3
    10.) Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link
    11.) Final Fantasy VII Remake
    12.) The Last of Us Part 2
    13.) Death Stranding
    14.) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
    15.) Man of Medan
    16.) Onimusha: Warlords
    17.) Dreams
    18.) Metro Exodus
    19.) Nioh 2
    20.) Days Gone

Updated my list after some releases and moved Onimusha down after hearing the recent news. I added Granblue, Tales of Vesperia and Man of Medan.

• I haven't updated my list here for months, there was that one point when something happened, don't even remember what. It would be much clearer for me to do a new list during the holidays or something. Now that 2019 is beginning in a few weeks.

• @axel said in YOUR Desire Index:

I think those threads have more value when they represent a snapshot of a moment in time, rather than be a continuous thing.

I agree 100%. I like the idea of the desire index being a time capsule of how the community felt at a specific moment. An evolving index does of course have the benefit of allowing everyone to respond to new trailers, info and so on, but in practice it felt like the excitement for the index died down over time, making it is less productive to that end.

Supposing for the moment that it is going to become a tradition to make a new desire index thread representing "a snapshot in time" each year, then I think that time should be something like a week or so after E3, as E3 is the time of the year in which we're blasted with the highest concentration of new trailers. That gets everyone excited (improving thread participation) and it's also probably the time of the year when there is the highest quantity of "revealed, but not released" games to make lists out of.