Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?

• alt text

Hello,

So my friends, there is RAGE 2 gonna release by id software and avalanche studio and to observe and analyse this game. I find out its gonna be most improved sequel this generation.

RAGE was released in 2011 by id software and it was deem as worst id software title to date. mainly because of id tech 5 engine and bad car combat, game design however shooting is solid although gameplay was feel like modern FPS with slow movement, iron sight, regen health and you take cover of course.

here in RAGE 2 its going to be more crazy, this is more open world this time unlike previous game that was corridor shooter, the shooting and movement is very Doom like with no take cover, the car combat looks excellent this time around and avalanche knows how to nail the open world and car combat design while id software can handle shooting mechanics, result in another excellent game.

It was smart move by bethesda to have 2 developers work on this game so they can deliver best of both and overcome both weaknesses. while id software can solely work on DOOM sequel.

RAGE 2 quickly become on of my most anticipated game. bethesda on roll, first DOOM, then PREY and now RAGE 2.

what do you think? discuss.

• Personally my vote goes to The Division 2.
    Though they've fixed most of the problems thatvwere present on The Division at launch, what I've seen of the sequel seems it will continue to further better that framework. Really excited for this one.

• I'm one of the few people who really liked RAGE I thought it was solid but from what I've seen the sequel looks like a lot of fun. Like a non shit version of Far Cry.

Metro Exodus to me looks like it could be the most improved sequel even though I loved the first two games. It just looks like the devs are really stepping up there game.

So far this gen Evil Within 2 is the most improved sequel although I know a lot of people were lukewarm on it.

• My vote is Resident Evil 7, can't think of a better direct sequel. 👍👍👍

• Global Moderator

I actually got really hyped for Rage 2 after E3, even though I havent played the first game. That said, after peoples reviews I prolly do best in staying away from it.

Funny enough I recently got excited for Division 2 after I have gone back to the first game. I played it for around a month at launch with some friends but then we kinda got tired of the grind and went on to other games. After a 2 year break it felt good to pick it up again and see how much it has improved. I hope that the content at launch are good, despite the 2 already announced DLCs, luckily they are free this time around.

• The players in the trailer and demo aimed down the sights for almost every shot, even when the enemy was like two meters away. Not excited about that. It's gonna be yet another walk and shoot shooter with ridiculously poor hip-fire accuracy, despite the gun being steady. You know why red dot sights are so common in shooters now? It's because the devs know iron sights provide poor visibility and aren't that fun. But the sights HAVE to be forced because that's what people expect now. I'm probably not even going to play this, because I'm sick of all shooters playing the same. I'm sure the run button will only work when you're moving forward. Because realism. (Even though I have no problem looking to the side when I'm running.)

• @ezekiel said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

The players in the trailer and demo aimed down the sights for almost every shot, even when the enemy was like two meters away. Not excited about that. It's gonna be yet another walk and shoot shooter with ridiculously poor hip-fire accuracy, despite the gun being steady. You know why red dot sights are so common in shooters now? It's because the devs know iron sights provide poor visibility and aren't that fun. But the sights HAVE to be forced because that's what people expect now. I'm probably not even going to play this, because I'm sick of all shooters playing the same. I'm sure the run button will only work when you're moving forward. Because realism. (Even though I have no problem looking to the side when I'm running.)

but my friend the game still looking excellent.

its complete SP focus game with no MP. plus its shooting apart from iron sight is very Doom like unlike original Rage.

beside STALKER has iron sight and its best FPS ever made.

• @black-cell STALKER is good because of several underlying game mechanics. It's shooting is not one of them.

• I mean, RAGE 2 looks improved no doubt, but it does seem a tad on the generic shooter side so we'll have to wait and see.

From my experience, Hitman 2016 reboot has been the most improved sequel. Sure, Hitman Absolution was VERY bad in my opinion and it isn't very difficult to see where they went wrong so IO-Interactive had nowhere to go but up. However, Hitman 2016 is exactly what a next gen Hitman sequel needed to be. It has very large sandbox levels that are multi-layered, complex, feel believable and lived in. The assassination targets were placed in interesting scenarios that were vastly improved upon Hitman Absolution. For example, in a beautiful Italian city on the Amalfi Coast, there is one target inside of a mansion villa, and another in an underground cave that houses extreme research.

Going from a cute courtyard plaza and slowly progressing into a quarantined laboratory filled with fog and armed guards is exactly the creativity I wanted out of a Hitman sequel and it is vastly improved from Absolution.

• I think the before mentioned Resident Evil 7 is an excellent answer here, meaning after RE6 we got that, wow. Same could be said of the new God of War, especially when there was GoW Ascension before that.

Worth mentioning could be Injustice 2 as well. It improved on all fronts with its contents. And those faces!

• @sentinel-beach I'd also choose Hitman as a runner up for most improved game during this gen.

• @black-cell said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

@ezekiel said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

The players in the trailer and demo aimed down the sights for almost every shot, even when the enemy was like two meters away. Not excited about that. It's gonna be yet another walk and shoot shooter with ridiculously poor hip-fire accuracy, despite the gun being steady. You know why red dot sights are so common in shooters now? It's because the devs know iron sights provide poor visibility and aren't that fun. But the sights HAVE to be forced because that's what people expect now. I'm probably not even going to play this, because I'm sick of all shooters playing the same. I'm sure the run button will only work when you're moving forward. Because realism. (Even though I have no problem looking to the side when I'm running.)

but my friend the game still looking excellent.

its complete SP focus game with no MP. plus its shooting apart from iron sight is very Doom like unlike original Rage.

beside STALKER has iron sight and its best FPS ever made.

The action doesn't look similar to Doom. I'm interested in the Doom sequel. Rage 2 is a pass for me. This kind of shooter, mechanically, is so played out.

How is no multiplayer a selling point? I'd rather have a good multiplayer than no multiplayer at all. I'm not bothered that there won't be a multiplayer, but don't try to tell me less content is a positive.

Never played Stalker. Probably never will.

• @ezekiel said in [Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?]

Never played Stalker. Probably never will.

Your loss then. you are missing out one of the greatest game ever made.

• We've had some good ones: Doom, Hitman, Resident Evil. But I'm still giving it to Prey; it's debateable as to if it's a part of the same franchise in any way, shape or form, but given its development history, I'm going with it. It far surpasses the 360 FPS.

• @sheria said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

We've had some good ones: Doom, Hitman, Resident Evil. But I'm still giving it to Prey; it's debateable as to if it's a part of the same franchise in any way, shape or form, but given its development history, I'm going with it. It far surpasses the 360 FPS.

because new Prey is completely new ip. not a sequel or reboot. just named because they own it

otherwise someone also mentioned Hitman and its because Hitman absolution was so terrible that any game would follow can become better.

• @black-cell said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

@sheria said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

We've had some good ones: Doom, Hitman, Resident Evil. But I'm still giving it to Prey; it's debateable as to if it's a part of the same franchise in any way, shape or form, but given its development history, I'm going with it. It far surpasses the 360 FPS.

because new Prey is completely new ip. not a sequel or reboot. just named because they own it

otherwise someone also mentioned Hitman and its because Hitman absolution was so terrible that any game would follow can become better.

You know that's not necessarily true at all. Just look at the second attempt at Splinter Cell last gen. I just played it admittedly, but its just as poor as Conviction Imo. There was a scenario where I thought they could only improve.

You're right with Prey in a way, but I still say they were working off a base that was already established to be a follow up.

• @sheria said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

@black-cell said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

@sheria said in Will RAGE 2 gonna be most Improved Sequel this generation?:

You know that's not necessarily true at all. Just look at the second attempt at Splinter Cell last gen. I just played it admittedly, but its just as poor as Conviction Imo. There was a scenario where I thought they could only improve.

You're right with Prey in a way, but I still say they were working off a base that was already established to be a follow up.

because maybe developers learn the lesson and bring Hitman back to roots. but absolution was worse than conviction imo.

and yes second splinter cell attemp turn even worse because they change sam fisher plus make level design even more bad. if ubisoft do third attempt it will be open world thats why splinter cell skip this year E3 too.

• @black-cell I'm not sure if it has more to do with your incredibly poor grasp of the English language or just your terrible opinions on things in general, but Prey is not "a completely new IP". It is the same IP, and even retains a few thematics, just taken if a very different direction from previous entries.
    Prey is very much a reboot.

By your logic, Doom 3 was a completely new IP.