Easy Allies Top 10s

• @brannox You could fix that with 11!

alt text

• @sabotagethetruth I could.... If I were into the actual mechanics of fighting games.

MK is the ONLY fighting game franchise that has any appeal to me. However, not enough for me to throw down 60 bucks for a game I would only play like, three times. Ever.

• May 2019
    Top 10 Anticipated Games of E3 2019 - Easy Allies

Youtube Video

• The placement of number 2 over number 3 is truly mind-boggling.

• @sabotagethetruth I think Brandon is really REALLY looking forward to Animal Crossing.

• @tokyoslim Oh, I believe it. It's just hard to get that hyped for a series that really hasn't changed all that much over 4 games.

• Of the Allies' picks, I'm interested in 10, 7, 4, 3, and of course numbah 1. And funnily enough, that's actually the order I'm interested in as well (though I do switch between 3 and 4 a lot).

But personally, shoutouts to the games that didn't make this video I'm looking forward to as well:

From most to least interested: Gears 5, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Borderlands 3, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and potentially two smaller indie titles: Wrath: Aeon of Ruin and Creature in the Well

• Aaaaaaand the number 8 just got confirmed to not be at the show. Ouch.

• June 2019
    Top 10 "One More Time" Games! - Easy Allies

Youtube Video

This list left a smile on my face with its #1. :)

• While this top 10 didn't have anything that I truly enjoy, I wouldn't mind giving numbers 7, 3, and 1 a go at any time.

• I have lost so much sleep in my life because of number 2 on this list.

• @shoulderguy come on, what's more turn gonna do?

I discovered Civ with 5 a few years ago while in Uni, it happened at the end of the semester while I had to to study for finals, let's say that my time was roughly splite 40% studying, 40% Civ and 20% sleeping and this is not an exaggeration, then an expansion came out at the end of the next semester and histor yrepeated itself.

• I swear, I played Civ 6 one time for 2 days straights and got sick because of it. For the next few days I was laying in bed and suffering, got a really nasty cold and barely can't move my limbs... and I still played Civ on my laptop all day, while I was nose deep in my blanket, peeking with my eyes and using my numb fingers on the touchpad. It was a weird time in my life.

I also would count the free roam part of the recent Persona games on this topic. It's easily the best part about Persona for me. There's something special about how the games makes you think about what you're going to do on a free day, whether it's hanging out with your friends to increase the social link level, studying at the library on an rainy day to get extra knowledge, or doing part time job. I guess because it's so satisfying to see that the things I do are actually worthwhile (stat boosts, social link level up, getting to knoe more of your confidants, etc).

• I gotta say, Tony Hawk is one of my top 10 "one more time" games but not necessarily for the reasons EZA wrote. They seemed kinda off the mark for why its one of those games. Its more about how the game creates the combo system where you can transfer your moves into one giant combo. A lot of the missions require using the combo system to perfection:

i.e. a 2 second time limit to collect all of the items, meaning you need to combo the entire mission or else you've failed and the clock stops. Mix that in with the fact that the longer you combo, the harder it is to balance. Therefore you fail a lot, but you also come so so so close. Then the reset button is just START > DOWN DOWN > RESTART CHALLENGE. Bam bam bam. 2 seconds later and you're back in it.

One more time!

• July 2019
    Top 10 Mario Maker 2 Tips! - Easy Allies

Youtube Video

• *Sees title. Thinks, "Oh, each entry is going to have a technical building tip with VO and footage of examples."

Nope. Still, so much Don is always a good thing, and the ending is the funniest part.

• Unfortunately this one marks the end of the Top 10 videos, so enjoy it even more than usually!

August 2019
    Top 10 Rockstar Games - Easy Allies

Youtube Video

• While I understand why it's being discontinued with the eradication of goals (The Top 10s always felt like a need to do than a WANT to do), I'm still going to miss looking forward to and wondering about what the next topic would be. Alas, for this topic, it's one I have no interest in and while I enjoyed listening to the personal reasons for each entry, I'm just not able to connect with anything Rockstar makes. I will say for this one, the intro felt like it started at a mile a minute.

• I feel like #BloodCutTooMuch. The list was nicely put together but it felt super hurried all the time. Would've preferred hearing Brandon tell more than three long sentences per game.

Anyway, cool editing with San Andreas and Vice City. :) And GTA IV's main theme is a freaking thing of beauty, it'd been too long since I'd heard that.

• Global Moderator

I haven't watched it yet, but noticed it was only 8.5 minutes and I know you usually want youtube videos a little above 10 minutes. Definitely could have used that extra time and maybe kept some more in.