Easy Allies Top 10s

• Welp, this video did set a new record for the Allies.... most dislikes on a single video, quickly approaching the 1,000 mark.

But I do view it as a good thing, in a strange way. Things usually improve after a stumble and I know the fellas aren't the type of people to just let something stay "broken" - plus as some people pointed out, there were some improvements in the editing of this list.

I get the feeling we're close to entering the Golden Age of Top 10s, ushered in by Top Bathrooms.

• This gave me an idea!

One of the reasons why the Allies were dreading the return of Top 10s was the time it takes for them to search their memories and come up with a list of picks (and then of course debate which ones make the cut, get the footage, write the script and edit the video!)

So to help them in that first step, how about announcing the theme of the Top 10 a couple weeks in advance on Patreon and allowing patrons to leave their own suggestions in the comments, like a huge collective brainstorm?

It would still be up to the Allies to pick the Top 10, but at least they'd be less likely to forget some possible entries.

It could be a nice extra incentive for some people to become Patrons too.

There are cons though: no more element of surprise when the video comes out since we'd know the theme beforehand. Plus if the Allies leave out an option that was very popular among the comments, people are even more likely to complain.

So I don't know if that's a good idea or not, tagging @Bloodworth so he can be the judge! ;)

• @axel I'm so on board for this.

• @axel That could be fun. To alleviate the potential problem you mentioned, perhaps have an 11th entry that is the community pick, introduced before the full top 10 list. To help with footage, maybe even have patrons volunteer some parts of their playthroughs which would tremendously cut down on capture time needed for these lists and help highlight members of the community all at the same time.

• I read bloodworth comment on YouTube and cannot believe that most of the allies saw the final list that include 4 Zelda towns (3 from the same game) and thought "ya that looks right", i have to be honest that list sucks.

• @axel I really like the element of surprise from these top 10 lists, but i suppose better lists overall is worth the trade.

• Jones addressed this newest Top 10 and the response it received in his editorial at Cup of Jones just moments ago. So there's clarification now available.

• I never really chimed in on this Top Ten Towns list but man - pretty confusing to me. I know art is subjective but I wasn't impressed by any town in Zelda BOTW when you can compare it to other classics in gaming like Oblivion or Final Fantasy.

For example, Gerudo Town from Zelda BOTW is high on their list, but I spent 15 minutes trying to interact with anybody and anything in that town and there is little to do. I found maybe one side quest about a secret bar or something. The quest to enter Gerudo is unique - the premise of an all female town in the desert is unique and the denizens are extremely well designed, but there is almost no interactivity here. You show up - do your quest and leave. I think if they chose ONE from Zelda, I can buy it - but 4 from one game that has limited interactivity within the towns they list is really confusing.

• September 2018
    Top 10 Unlikable Protagonists

Youtube Video

• This missed the mark again for me. A lot of these characters I would categorise as Hateful, but an unlikeable protagonist is someone you actively dislike. 3 is a prime example of this.

If you "love to hate them" as the tweet says, that's not an unlikeable character.

• I liked the list, definitely was nodding and laughing through most of it. #8 isn't a protagonist so that's a bit of a slip, but she's certainly unlikable in the game. I know the comment section seems to disagree with number 5 but I love the inclusion, absolutely deserves a spot on the list... and of course, that number one spot is earned.

• admin

@sabotagethetruth We were back and forth between her and another character from the game. We definitely broadened the definition a bit, but considering she's a member of your crew, we felt like she could still count.

• @bloodworth Yeah, that's what I figured. The clip included shows off what makes her unlikable - I had actually forgotten she was in that game, so I hope I can get back to that mental state soon, haha.

• I was kinda expecting a list of protags that weren't likable for more meta reasons rather than just "they did a bad thing," like Bubsy or Marche from FFTA. Wouldn't necessarily call it a bad list (though I can't get behind that #1 at all) but still.

• I feel like a lot of these were "Of course!" moments for me as I was watching. #10 was forefront on my mind, but pretty much every entry I thought, "Yep. Oh definitely. I forgot about him/her! They're AWFUL." I was a little surprised #2 is as high as he is, ESPECIALLY directly ahead of number 3 (particularly with the reasons stated for number 3), but overall, I'm pretty much in agreement with the entirety of the list, even if my personal one would move around a few, but keep all 10.

• Pretty good list, although i have to say that i have one big gripe with it...

I wish they actually added Bubsy. i suspect Kyle has a hand in preventing that, lol

• In one of the Q&A's someone asked about the towns top 10 and Kyle basically through everyone under the bus, i laughed so hard.

• @a7x458 "Wait, there were 4 Zelda towns? Yeah, that's a bad list."

• Yeah, Welch was definitely stretching it. She's not even a party member...heck she's not even physically there, just as a hologram.