Easy Allies Top 10s

• September 2018
    Top 10 Unlikable Protagonists

Youtube Video

• This missed the mark again for me. A lot of these characters I would categorise as Hateful, but an unlikeable protagonist is someone you actively dislike. 3 is a prime example of this.

If you "love to hate them" as the tweet says, that's not an unlikeable character.

• I liked the list, definitely was nodding and laughing through most of it. #8 isn't a protagonist so that's a bit of a slip, but she's certainly unlikable in the game. I know the comment section seems to disagree with number 5 but I love the inclusion, absolutely deserves a spot on the list... and of course, that number one spot is earned.

• admin

@sabotagethetruth We were back and forth between her and another character from the game. We definitely broadened the definition a bit, but considering she's a member of your crew, we felt like she could still count.

• @bloodworth Yeah, that's what I figured. The clip included shows off what makes her unlikable - I had actually forgotten she was in that game, so I hope I can get back to that mental state soon, haha.

• I was kinda expecting a list of protags that weren't likable for more meta reasons rather than just "they did a bad thing," like Bubsy or Marche from FFTA. Wouldn't necessarily call it a bad list (though I can't get behind that #1 at all) but still.

• I feel like a lot of these were "Of course!" moments for me as I was watching. #10 was forefront on my mind, but pretty much every entry I thought, "Yep. Oh definitely. I forgot about him/her! They're AWFUL." I was a little surprised #2 is as high as he is, ESPECIALLY directly ahead of number 3 (particularly with the reasons stated for number 3), but overall, I'm pretty much in agreement with the entirety of the list, even if my personal one would move around a few, but keep all 10.

• Pretty good list, although i have to say that i have one big gripe with it...

I wish they actually added Bubsy. i suspect Kyle has a hand in preventing that, lol

• In one of the Q&A's someone asked about the towns top 10 and Kyle basically through everyone under the bus, i laughed so hard.

• @a7x458 "Wait, there were 4 Zelda towns? Yeah, that's a bad list."

• Yeah, Welch was definitely stretching it. She's not even a party member...heck she's not even physically there, just as a hologram.

• That was some honestly scary shit among those ten games. I'm taking Kyle's path with these ones and never ever playing them myself.

• I love how this list for me is an advertisement for: "Yeah, these games? Never play them. Ever."

With that said, a lot of expected picks and I was surprised to see number 4 as high as it was. But I'm happiest that number 2 is there.

And whoever thought it was funny to add the edit to scare the viewer in the transition, all I have to say is I'm EXTREMELY glad Youtube allows for viewers to scrub through so I could see all the video before being jump-scared. Your trick has been undone by technology!!! (But it's still a great scare)

• @brannox said in Easy Allies Top 10s:

I'm EXTREMELY glad Youtube allows for viewers to scrub through so I could see all the video before being jump-scared.

Whaaat. Spoiling yourself like that, why do it?

• @sentinel-beach Because I DON'T do horror/scary/etc. types of things, regardless of medium in part because I'm a wuss and in part of me absolutely NOT understanding why others enjoy having the ever loving (insert personal preferable noun here) scared out of them.

So, while I may have tripped up knowing the order, I expected a lot of the entries before clicking the video, and I REFUSE to succumb to frights if the option of seeing anything coming is given to me.

Thankfully, I don't foresee a fright focused topic for the next countdown, so I shouldn't have to scrub on the next one.

• While I personally don't like number one or number seven at all, I can't fault someone for finding them scary. Played nearly everything on this list, woopwoop.

• Thankfully this list does not seem nearly as polarizing as the last few have been. Hopefully the arguments in the comments are kept to a minimum, because some of the shit people were saying last time was... something else.

• Yeah, no complaints with the list, though the "honorable mention" on DokiDoki Lit Club would have made my personal list, I guess it's not as traditionally scary as other things on there.

• New Top 10 is extremely on point. I’d rearrange the order a bit where I think Alien Isolation should be Top 3 but that’s just my opinion.

My roommate says trial and error makes Outlast lose most of its terror so he’d probably put it lower, but I generally got the itch to try some of these games that EZA listed and friends/coworkers have recommended over the years.