EZA curates July games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for sharing new games coming out in July... what are you personal picks/interests of the month?

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list (or a swanky desire index) of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Going into more detail:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's one text list. Feel free to post other lists or list videos that you find useful.
    • Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• Edit: Removed DQXI, got too excited and forgot it will be released in September.

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2
    Never played the Mega Man X games, so i'm really excited for this. I thought the previous legacy collections was done very well, so i don't have much to fear at this point. It's the perfect way to hype myself up for the upcoming Mega Man 11.

• @bam541 I don't think we are getting Dragon Quest this month. It came out last July in Japan, but I'm pretty sure we are getting it in September.

• @capnbobamous Ah shoot, you're right! For some reason i wanted it to be July lol.

• @bam541 I'm with ya. I wish I could play it now

• I'm looking forward to:

Shining Resonance Refrain
    A remaster of a japan only PS3 JRPG from SEGA, there bis a free demo.

Octopath Traveler
    A Switch exclusive JRPG from Square Enix that lets you play the game from the perspective of 8 different characters, each with his or her own story, there is a free demo.

• @musou-tensei said in EZA curates July games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?:

I'm looking forward to:

Shining Resonance Refrain
    A remaster of a japan only PS3 JRPG from SEGA, there bis a free demo.

Octopath Traveler
    A Switch exclusive JRPG from Square Enix that lets you play the game from the perspective of 8 different characters, each with his or her own story, there is a free demo.

Same.

• Global Moderator

Im not super into anything this month. Which I am kinda happy for, leading up to September I'm gonna try and spend some time to clear out more of my backlog so I can take a breath before the crazy times begins again.

• I've got Mothergunship on my radar. Hoping it gets good feedback so I can pull the trigger on a purchase.

• Octopath Traveller.

i don't care about any other July release in 2018.

• I'm pulling the trigger, Switch is on sale at EB Games here in Canada. Video games with the purchase of a Switch are 50% discounted.

Octopath Traveler is going to be my game of July.

• Octopath Traveller, for me, is a very interesting one. There's obviously a lot of interest here, yet for once, im not seeing the high degree of resistance due to its full retail price.

• @sheria I can't think of too many mainstream games like it. It looks very appealing to me. I'll pay full price for a fully realized game.

• @bam541 X1-3 are soooo good and should feel familiar after playing the previous Mega Man games. X4-8 are a bit more divisive but there are still some highs in there.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I'm actually most interested about the later X games, i heard some weird stuff about them over the years.

• @dipset said in EZA curates July games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?:

@sheria I can't think of too many mainstream games like it. It looks very appealing to me. I'll pay full price for a fully realized game.

Oh, I'm more than happy with its price. I was just expecting a lot of the usual complaints due to its looks and how many now automatically associate that style with being cheaper and digital only most of the time.

• When they 1st showed I thought it will be a digital only game for sure, very happy to see it coming retail, can't wait for my pre-ordered copy to arrive.

• Octopath Traveler is the only July game I'm looking forward to play.