The Naughty Dog Agenda

• I honestly am shocked this is a talking point but I guess if we replaced Ellie's lesbian kiss with an interracial heterosexual kiss and rewound time by a few decades I can start to see how breaking long held social intolerances becomes "controversial".

• @Mango Woah, dude.
    Woah.
    Woah.

Don't just go calling it like it is. That might cause people to have to deal with their ingrained prejudices instead of pretending they don't exist.

• @el-shmiablo Good one! I don't see what the big deal is. I never cared for Last of Us or its characters, but it's Naughty Dog's game. They can do whatever the hell they want. If you don't like the subject matter, get over yourselves and don't play it. Which is weird, because some people complaining about this were never going to play it to begin with. At least ND aren't trying to screw you over with crappy DLC or season passes.

Fuck Robin Gaming; he is one of the worst video game "commentators" or "analysis" persons on YT. If you're taking advice from people like him, you need to rethink you life. I swear it's like the people complaining about Wolfenstein II, when the Nazi are gasp portrayed as the bad guys. This didn't last long, but it was still stupid. Where were these people when all of the other Wolfestein games were out, or any WWII shooters in general?

• @brawlman said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

Where were these people when all of the other Wolfestein games were out, or any WWII shooters in general?

Trump wasnt president.

• @el-shmiablo Don't worry, that was a rhetorical question. I forgot to put parentheses around them. But still that was probably helpful to people who don't know the answer, so I thank you. I got that answer from Double Toasted video on the Wolfenstein "controversy".

• This reminds me of when white rap fans always have a preference to the nerd bird white rappers or corn balls like Logic, then go ahead and criticize anything that comes from "street" rappers with an unconscious underlying racist tone because they do not understand it and feel like they are superior to it in some way. This has nothing to do with TLOU2 but the underlying prejudice put forward in the arguments against it.

• @dipset I didn't know those type of rap fans existed, but it doesn't surprise me. Now, I've had my own problems with hip hop as it is today in the mainstream, but not self-hatred or judging rappers by race. I thought we got past this shit in the middle 2000s. Last I checked it was a 1999 anymore. Then again there's always some hypocritical or idiotic part of the fanbase somewhere, so I shouldn't expect too much.

• This post is deleted!

• Banned

@dipset said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

@mcgeezaks

A significant handful of the friends I've made since 2013 when I started university are openly gay, and trans. In my close group, 3 of 6 are gay. They have boyfriends and girlfriends and none of this was out of the ordinary on campus, at work, in public, or at home.

Not only is this entirely normal, but I am confused at to where a gay kiss is so standout-ish.

Didn't T.a.t.u make that music video with a lesbian kiss in like 2001? Are we not past this phase?

Good for you? You're a special case, I've only met 1 lesbian in my entire life. When you meet a person you just assume they're hetero since like 98% of the population is in fact hetero.

@tokyoslim said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

@dipset MTV's Best Kiss award in 2000 went to Selma Blair and Sarah Michelle Gellar in Cruel Intentions. Which is still a good movie.

Girls kissing other girls happens on like The CW now. It's about the least shocking thing ever.

''Shocking'' lul

• @mcgeezaks said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

98% of the population is in fact hetero.

That is actually NOT a fact. If you'd have said 96.5%, that would be the closest global estimate we have right now, but depending on where you live, that percentage goes down significantly.

Sounds like you should get out and meet some more people.

• Either way, without being pedantic, it is normal. If you assume ones sexual interest, like that's fine but that shouldn't cause some surprise if that assumption is incorrect.

And just in terms of this topic, I'm not even sure what the point of it is. If it's just to highlight that Naughty Dog are interested in exploring more diverse characters with interesting stories, then I think everyone is agreed that they absolutely do that and it's a major reason why I love their games. If one doesn't have an interest in that then that's cool too, there are more games then ever out there to cater to your needs.

• @tokeeffe9 said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

I think everyone is agreed that they absolutely do that

The point of this thread is actually that the OP seems NOT in agreement with that. At least on a personal level.

• @tokyoslim Oh I think OP agrees with that, but I think that OP also sees that as a problem. At least on a personal level.

• @el-shmiablo no, I mean they disagree that ND is doing this because they want to tell different stories.

• @tokyoslim Oh no I still think he would agree with that, but still thinks that is a problem, as they are stories they clearly do not like.

• @el-shmiablo nah, we went over that.

It's explicitly that Neil Druckmann believes women aren't represented in games.

Which is apparently a lie, because as everyone knows, women mostly play Candy Crush.

Therefore, the "Agenda" is to take a game that could be good, and to fill it with SJW nonsense like lesbians in order to virtue signal how progressive you are.

That way when it only sells like 7 million copies in the first week, they can blame it on gamergate.

That's apparently the gist of the thread so far.

• I'm sure I'll hear if I left anything out. I really did take a lot of time getting to the bottom of the issue though.

• @tokyoslim I enjoy this post.
    I hope it doesn't get deleted.

But yeah. I think this thread is wearing out it's welcome. Honest discussion is being met with ignorant and circular logic.

What a shame.

• @el-shmiablo I honestly don't believe I misrepresented anything or was antagonist. Those are literally things said in this thread.

Do they seem ridiculous to me typed out like that? Yes, but that's not my fault. :)

• @tokyoslim Oh I loved it. Very on point.
    I posted a video earlier in the thread that was a white rappers take on racial inequality. The post was deleted for being antagonistic, even though no users were mentioned.

While your post doesn't mention any users specificallt, it mentions things said by certain users in certain posts, and I just thought that if my post is deemed antagonistic enough to be deleted outright, surely yours is on the chopping block.

Watch your back in these mean streets.