The Naughty Dog Agenda

• Banned

@tokyoslim said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

@mcgeezaks said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

98% of the population is in fact hetero.

That is actually NOT a fact. If you'd have said 96.5%, that would be the closest global estimate we have right now, but depending on where you live, that percentage goes down significantly.

Sounds like you should get out and meet some more people.

I was just throwing out an estimate, sorry that it was so incredibly off /s

Yeah because if your social circle isn't at least 50% gay, you should get out more.

• @TokyoSlim

but depending on where you live, that percentage goes down significantly

yeah and by that logic and depending on where you live that percentage also goes up significantly
    I'm gonna take a guess that homosexuals are more likely to congregate around liberal metropolitan areas that have established gay communities. If you were gay you'd have a much better time in NYC or SF than Kansas and Montana so of course they'd move to places like that, but in the end they're still 4% of the population and that includes the nearly 2% that consider themselves bisexual.

It's not a matter of going out and meeting more people, gays just don't make up that much of the population.

• @mcgeezaks said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

it was so incredibly off

You said "fact" but It was off by more than 3x the population of Canada ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    Just helping you out.

@kirkman said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

It's not a matter of going out and meeting more people, gays just don't make up that much of the population.

This is a contradictory statement. If your sample size is so small that as an adult human being you have encountered one lesbian in your entire life, that's increasingly statistically improbable the more people you meet.

• Banned

You said "fact" but It was off by more than 3x the population of Canada ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    Just helping you out.

Thanks but my point still stands, buddy.

This is a contradictory statement. If your sample size is so small that as an adult human being you have encountered one lesbian in your entire life, that's increasingly statistically increasingly improbable the more people you meet.

It's not a contradictory statement if you actually read the rest of the reply. You don't even know my sample size LUL According to what statistics? That 3% of the world is gay? So at least 3% of all people I've met must be gay and if not I just need to go out more, right?

That ''increasing statistic'' can be almost any number depending on where you live and where you go.

• Ok now this thread is really getting stupid :/

• @mcgeezaks said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

You don't even know my sample size LUL According to what statistics? That 3% of the world is gay? So at least 3% of all people I've met must be gay and if not I just need to go out more, right?

I will repeat. If your sample size is so small that as an adult human being you have encountered one lesbian in your entire life, meeting more people should change that. It becomes increasingly statistically more improbable that you will only ever meet one lesbian the more people you meet.

Are you an American and have you met more than one Asian person? They are approximately 5% of the U.S. population. While that's more statistically likely than meeting a gay person - also follows the same pattern, the more people you meet as a whole, the more Asian people you should encounter.

@axel said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

Ok now this thread is really getting stupid :/

Don't ruin this for me. I'm having fun in here. lol

• Global Moderator

@Mcgeezaks @TokyoSlim Okay, this is kinda going around in circles. There's probably not a whole pile more to discuss but let's not keep going back and forth over this.

• @tokeeffe9 Fair enough. I don't think there was much to discuss to begin with, but I've put forth a valiant effort. :p

• Banned

If your sample size is so small that as an adult human being you have encountered one lesbian in your entire life

What if it's not ''so small''?

meeting more people should change that.

You could meet every kind of person in the world you ''just met more people'', what's your point?

the more people you meet as a whole, the more Asian people you should encounter.

It depends on where in America you live, you could meet 1 asian person or 5 or 0 depending on where you live.

@tokeeffe9

Sounds good to me.

• Can we close this thread now? All it has devolved into is the same people arguing the same point in the same way. It is going around in circles, with the majority saying one thing and a few people constantly "rebutting."

At least some good has come of it. I know who to ignore in future discussions.

• @capnbobamous I mean, when the initial argument is as skeletal as "company has insidious SJW agenda because twitter posts and fanart" there isn't much to work with in the first place.

The argument has been thoroughly dismantled by the majority of users here, and we're still getting the same rebuttals, so I too push for closure of the thread as we'll only be repeating the same talking points ad nauseum.

Next up... Does ANIME have an insideous SJW agenda?
    Most say no, but Yuri on Ice, Loveless, Sailor Moon, and Tokyo Grandfathers say YAASSSSSSS.

• A whole lot of Love and Respect op. women the gays and non whites are not applicable further conditions may apply

• Global Moderator

Yup, I think the topic has pretty much run it's course. At this stage we're only going to get more of the same conversations going in circles. If one really wants to keep this open, send me a message and we can talk about it.