The Naughty Dog Agenda

• he's right and its blatantly obvious what Naughty Dog is doing
    thats not the real problem, the real problem is if the game is going to have a lot of unskippable walk and chat scenes all over and have awful gameplay
    why don't devs just focus on fun first when making a game, I spent $60 to play a game not get an (((((experience)))))

• Banned

@siegeh
    0_1530924979191_beating-a-dead-horse (1).png

• I'm kinda... disturbed (is that the right word? maybe troubled fits better) about it too, especially after they launched the 2nd TLOU Part II trailer, and seeing the casts for that trailer. I'm hoping the final game doesn't turn out as hamfisted as the recent trailers. I mean, i have no problem with developers having opinions and agendas and all that (and i support ND's stance in some ways), do what you want man, just make good games. But you gotta do it subtle, don't ever focus on it (except if your game's theme is exactly that, but TLOU is certainly not).

Seeing my favorite dev in a weird state like this certainly bothers me, but i still believe they can make things smoother.

• @sabotagethetruth
    For one, it's not just what's in the game that seems to be his issue, in fact, I think he even says that having diversity isn't a problem for him, just that ND seems more fixated on the concept of pander to the people that feel these elements are the end all be all of entertainment. I get the impression that he feel that can and have made diverse characters in the past, without the need to make it the primary focus, or many it a part of every decision the make. Just seems like they are making it too important to the fabric of the company.

• @sacred-arfaid said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

can and have made diverse characters in the past, without the need to make it the primary focus

That's called Tokenism

• You'd never see someone do a long rambling video on gears of wars about a masculine agenda. This is just another insecure guy who probably needs a girlfriend.

• Doesn't Gears V have a chick in the lead?

• @el-shmiablo Fist the skull horse?

0_1530943773939_WWW.gif

Not going into detail here but my signature should say it all, the amount of westren made games I purchase has been heavily reduced in the last few years since a certain group of people I can not name has forced themselves into it, imo they really soc, jus like the boomers who are also censorous af.
    WIth the time more and more people will realize that this bs simpy doesn't make good games, especially not those you'd want to spend 60 bucks on, it happened in the comic industry, it will happen in the gaming industry.

Please ignore the typos, english is not my 1st language.

• @sacred-arfaid Dammit your right is nothing sacred. Games are destroyed forever.

• Its kinda sad developers has to spend budget on SJW and femenist elements rather than spent budget on good level design and gameplay.

• What are we arguing about?

• @iboshow Naughty Dog has gone broke from writing diverse characters into their games and not selling any copies of their horribly reviewed mistakes. We are all just sitting in here discussing how sad it is.

/s

• Banned

Can anyone give even a single prominent example of how "SJW" or "feminism" has had a negative impact on a game?

I see all this whining and complaining about how it has become so pervasive and is ruining games, yet even the video OP posted fails to raise even one example of how these elements have made the games a lesser experience, instead choosing to focus on how his personal politics conflict with that of certain developers within the company.

@Musou-Tensei What to people born between 1945 and 1964 have to do with anything, and why are they cancerous?
    Take a break from 4chan my dude.

• @musou-tensei said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

Not going into detail here but my signature should say it all, the amount of westren made games I purchase has been heavily reduced in the last few years since a certain group of people I can not name has forced themselves into it, imo they really soc, jus like the boomers who are also censorous af.
    WIth the time more and more people will realize that this bs simpy doesn't make good games, especially not those you'd want to spend 60 bucks on, it happened in the comic industry, it will happen in the gaming industry.

Please ignore the typos, english is not my 1st language.

It's a shame to always see you so cautious all the time, I do get it though.

I'm not taking this into an argument because I know all too well where it will lead and it will naturally just result in a locked thread. As it stands, I found it to be an extremely interesting and well put together video, one that I wanted to share.

• @black-cell said in The Naughty Dog Agenda:

Its kinda sad developers has to spend budget on SJW and femenist elements rather than spent budget on good level design and gameplay.

This is ignorant and idiotic on so many levels.

• And yes, can someone please answer @El-Shmiablo's question?

Can anyone give even a single prominent example of how "SJW" or "feminism" has had a negative impact on a game?

Because for all the beating around the bush and "subtle" accusations you guys are doing, I've yet to see a concrete example of this so-called agenda ruining a game. Unless the mere presence of women or homosexual characters is enough to ruin a game for you, in this case YOU are the problem.

• Banned

@axel Does nobody else find it ironic that the loudest voices against “pandering" play games almost exclusively featuring and for the lewd anime girls?

• @sheria That's what I have Twitter for, no need to be so cautious there
    0_1530965715795_SMUGUU.jpg

@El-Shmiablo Censerous, Boomers usually support the idea that violence in video games should be censored,, regardless of which political ideology they subscribe to. The others just want to censor everything that offends them, often those are white guilters on behalf of a minority group that isn't offended, like the fauxrage over Mario wearing a Sombrero. They actually unironically think "cultural appropriation" thing and bad, LUL. I will always vote aginst the interests of these people.

• The video is stupid because Naughty Dog make 10/10 games and he agrees. Agenda's are pushed through every game.

• @Sheria Funny how you completely ignored the well written and thought out post by @SabotageTheTruth. Maybe that's the "Sheria agenda": Posting garbage and not engage when it's being torn apart. People like you make me laugh, so thanks for that. :D