What is/was your favourite online multiplayer game?

• Favorite right now is Max Payne 3. I wish run and gun third person shooters were a lot more popular, but the few there were were killed off by zoomed over the shoulder views. I also wish so much of Call of Duty 4 hadn't rubbed off on Max Payne 3's multiplayer. Like bam541, I have my own video to post. I like making Max Payne montages, when I can actually find enough people to play with.

Youtube Video

• @el-shmiablo
    aggred we seriously need more arcade racers, or a new Burnout, guess Dangerous World is the closest well get.

• @ezekiel I find it pretty funny that you complain about over the zoomed in shoulder shooters, and the splash image for the video you posted is a zoomed in, over the shoulder view

@DMCMaster I would even take a port of the Motorstorm games.
    You have no idea the amount of dick I would suck for a new Blur or Split/Second.

• @el-shmiablo said in What is/was your favourite online multiplayer game?:

@ezekiel I find it pretty funny that you complain about over the zoomed in shoulder shooters, and the splash image for the video you posted is a zoomed in, over the shoulder view

That's not even my character, lol. Mine is the woman crouching in the bottom-right. You can see at 6:54. Nice try. The over the shoulder view in MP3 is completely optional, which is a way funner way to do it in an action game.

• World of Warcraft. been playing for 12 years.

• @el-shmiablo
    Then get your ass to EA,Activision and Disney and get to sucking, make it special too so we don't get loot boxes.
    Speaking of Blur 2 ever see the vertical slice?
    Youtube Video

• From Software's lost masterpiece, Chromehounds. I wrote nearly a page on what made the game special but the crappy text editor here lost it all.

• @darthammii I think the one i am still fond of today is Battlefield 1942

• @the_andredal Battlefield 1943 was an amazing game as well. There was a lot lost when Battlefield started getting fancy.

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. PS3.

Remastered was okay, but for some reason, the game removes the actual responsiveness of the game. disappointed

Metal Gear Online on MGS4 only needed better controller polish, like it got in MGS5. Good multiplayer experiences, but I just couldn't get into them.

Another one is TitanFall 2. :)

• I have fond memories of Goldeneye Wii and Battlefield 3 though my favourite multiplayer "podcast" game is Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, it's the first time Smash has been reasonably playable online and it's easy to get carried away fighting the same opponent again and again, learning their play style and the characters they play.

• @Carlos It’s a shame that the MP is completely messed up on PS3 last I tried. I might try again and see if the M0DD3RZ:legit player ratio has changed, but eh.

• For all its frustrations when my internet is making other players vanish, and the lag is unplayable, when things are smooth I am still completely hooked (or, er, off the hook) on Splatoon 2. And I keep it even more vanilla by sticking to Turf Wars only as I just don't feel my weapon of choice is very competitive with long range equipment.

I sank in over 2000 hours on the Wii U game (I wish I could have played more, but I just didn't have the time with there only being 24 hours in a day!). It's odd to go back control-wise to the first as S2 really smoothed out how good it feels to get about the place with the roller.

Because the Summer here in Germany is like a bunsen burner, I'm not gaming too much right now (despite the amount of time I still spend reading online and watching YouTube stuff).

• World of Warcraft

• Final Fantasy XI.