Days Gone (PS4)

• It seems that there's no dedicated thread yet for this game, so i'm making it since i'm pretty excited about the game. Here's most of the gameplay that have been shown up until now, and also some impressions about the game by EZA.

E3 2016 Gameplay
    Youtube Video

E3 2016 Impressions by the Allies
    Youtube Video

E3 2017 Press Conference Gameplay
    Youtube Video

E3 2017 Alternate Gameplay
    Youtube Video

E3 2017 Impressions by the Allies
    Youtube Video

First Hand-On Preview by the Allies
    Youtube Video

E3 2018 Impressions by the Allies (Damiani Hype!)
    Youtube Video

There's also lots of coverage by Game Informer about the game, here's one of them.
    Youtube Video

The newest trailer:
    Youtube Video

The latest release date is April 26, 2019

I'm personally excited about this game because this is the kind of open-world zombie game i've been wanting for a while. Games like Dying Light are cool, but it doesn't really scratch my itch. Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare is exactly what i wanted, and this game seems very similar to that. Exploring a big, dangerous environment with your trusty motorcycle is a fun idea, and from what i've seen the zombie hordes are pretty intense. Not to mention that there's unfriendly people out there, ready to take advantage of you if you let your guard down. I'm also intrigued about the story, the main character is a douchebag, it seems. It could be cool to see what kind of things he does in that world.

• Interesting game. It looks a bit rough graphically, the characters and story look very bland, the zombie types are super stupid, but the gameplay looks like it could be on to something great. I'm enthused by the idea of this being a hard game.

• I have a bet going with another EZA member about the Metascore range of this game. I am betting within 65-70 points. My desire to win has made me completely unable to desire a quality game to play.

• @DIPSET Yikes, that's close to The Order 1886. I'm hoping you're wrong, for my sake.

• @dipset Easiest 20 bux I ever made
    0_1532035180468_undefined.gif

• This is basically a very short video about the game's most promising feature: the realism.

Youtube Video

• Global Moderator

PS Blog - Days Gone delayed April 26th

Have to wait a little bit longer but I'd say it's a good decision all round.

• This is great news, now i have to decide between two games at February 22 not three, Metro and Anthem.

• @tokeeffe9 I chuckled a little at "highly anticipated", but honestly that game looked like it needs all the extra time for polish it can get, so for the people who are still looking forward to it this should be nothing but good news.

• In light of recent discussions around crunch and Days Gone getting pushed for two months, I'm more than happy to continue to wait as I feel I'm one of the few who is interested.

But I STILL can't stand when a date is given and it can't be met. To me, it makes crunch even worse.

I really wish this was announced at E3 2018, not 2016. BUT, c'est la vie. I'm still excited for the game and now I'll only get one game on 2/22 (Metro).

• Uh oh @DIPSET this game gonna be hella polished. Hope that doesn't up the metacritic. ;-)

• @el-shmiablo

Fuck. I figured the bugs would help the general score inflation these days from in the 70s or lower.

I'm a man of my word. You'll get that PSN card if you win. Game still looks like dog shit though. What'd I bet 65-70? I can't even remember anymore.

• @dipset 65-70. I'm 70-75. That you lowballed your score under the assumption that a Sony first party would get a lower score because of bugs was where you lost. This ain't no Xbox exclusive, son. This is Sonytown.

• @el-shmiablo

No, bugs and performance is what I was holding my breath on for the bet. I honest to goodness think this game looks like a solid 6 out of 10, bugs or not.

• @dipset Bro.
    Bro
    This ain't The Order 1886. This is Horizon Zero Dawn with zombies. I won't even pretend that this shit isnt the most generic feather in Sony's cap, but the core gameplay mechanics have strong fundementals, the graphics are decent, and it has the hook of on open world full of fast moving zombie hordes. My normie friends are basically frothing at the mouth for this shit.
    Hell, what if it goes over my range? Do I still win?

• @el-shmiablo

Yeah you’d still win. I ain’t no coward. Still don’t understand why people anticipate it, but I’ll believe Sony when they say “highly anticipated” despite the fact I don’t know one single person who thinks this looks good.

• Even if this looks like the least interesting game I could imagine at the moment a 65-70 metacritic is just ridiculous, even 75 would be way too low in my eyes, there's no way Sony would push out a highly market game that ain't at least solid.

• Hey, in my books a 7/10 is good, and 8/10 is great. This game doesn’t look GOOD. Not one bit. I’m running off the heart here. It doesn’t look like a GOOD game. Not one bit. I think there is a grade inflation these days. I figured this game would land in the 7 range but be riddled with performance issues to drop it. It was an emotional bet, but I’ll have my own verdict once I try it. I’m sure SOMEBODY I know will give it a go.

• I think this game will get mostly 8's but the story could push the score to 8.5 or even 9.

• @a7x458
    Yeah, right.