Days Gone (PS4)

• In light of recent discussions around crunch and Days Gone getting pushed for two months, I'm more than happy to continue to wait as I feel I'm one of the few who is interested.

But I STILL can't stand when a date is given and it can't be met. To me, it makes crunch even worse.

I really wish this was announced at E3 2018, not 2016. BUT, c'est la vie. I'm still excited for the game and now I'll only get one game on 2/22 (Metro).

• Uh oh @DIPSET this game gonna be hella polished. Hope that doesn't up the metacritic. ;-)

• @el-shmiablo

Fuck. I figured the bugs would help the general score inflation these days from in the 70s or lower.

I'm a man of my word. You'll get that PSN card if you win. Game still looks like dog shit though. What'd I bet 65-70? I can't even remember anymore.

• @dipset 65-70. I'm 70-75. That you lowballed your score under the assumption that a Sony first party would get a lower score because of bugs was where you lost. This ain't no Xbox exclusive, son. This is Sonytown.

• @el-shmiablo

No, bugs and performance is what I was holding my breath on for the bet. I honest to goodness think this game looks like a solid 6 out of 10, bugs or not.

• @dipset Bro.
    Bro
    This ain't The Order 1886. This is Horizon Zero Dawn with zombies. I won't even pretend that this shit isnt the most generic feather in Sony's cap, but the core gameplay mechanics have strong fundementals, the graphics are decent, and it has the hook of on open world full of fast moving zombie hordes. My normie friends are basically frothing at the mouth for this shit.
    Hell, what if it goes over my range? Do I still win?

• @el-shmiablo

Yeah you’d still win. I ain’t no coward. Still don’t understand why people anticipate it, but I’ll believe Sony when they say “highly anticipated” despite the fact I don’t know one single person who thinks this looks good.

• Even if this looks like the least interesting game I could imagine at the moment a 65-70 metacritic is just ridiculous, even 75 would be way too low in my eyes, there's no way Sony would push out a highly market game that ain't at least solid.

• Hey, in my books a 7/10 is good, and 8/10 is great. This game doesn’t look GOOD. Not one bit. I’m running off the heart here. It doesn’t look like a GOOD game. Not one bit. I think there is a grade inflation these days. I figured this game would land in the 7 range but be riddled with performance issues to drop it. It was an emotional bet, but I’ll have my own verdict once I try it. I’m sure SOMEBODY I know will give it a go.

• I think this game will get mostly 8's but the story could push the score to 8.5 or even 9.

• @a7x458
    Yeah, right.

• Idk about the story pushing it higher. They showed the intro of the game and somebody the main character knows gets killed then you abandon her and the dialogue between you and your friend on another motorcycle is just different flavours of the f-word with anger sprinkled in between. The dialogue was juvenile. I don't think this story is going to be great.

• Aside from the reveal trailer, i've never got the impression that the story is the main focus. I think the Sons of Anarchy and zombie apocalypse premise is neat, i just hope they get to make at least a few cool story moments out of that idea.

• Finally, a new trailer(?). Part 1 of 3 of the World Series, as they call it. I don't think the world is as breathtaking as the narrator makes it out to be, but i definitely want to stroll down some muddy roads with that sweet bike.

Youtube Video

• I am very excited for the release of this game, and I'm probably not even going to buy it.

• Personally I think this is one of their best trailers, or it at least got me the most excited for this game. Days Gone just seems to have, unfairly in my view, gotten a bad rap from the beginning. So many people complain that there's a ton of games just like this one but I can't recall a ton of open world third person zombie games besides state of decay. I also get the feeling that when they were thinking of making Days Gone Sons of Anarchy and Walking Dead were the talk of the town and they kinda mashed the two together. Game looks really cool to me and I'm excited that its coming in a few months.

• Looks like the marketing for Days Gone starts right... Now. I wonder if there will be some good marketing.

• @themarcv

I think its rep is fair. You can watch how jarring and ungracious the intro of the game is on YouTube. The game just kinda starts with a dead friend of yours that you obviously don't care about because the game just started literally 5 seconds ago, then it transitions into a bunch of bike riding where the two characters exchange awful profanity-laden dialogue.

This game showed what it is and the gaming community reacted fairly.

• @dipset

I don't know if I show the intro to the game, but i'm referring to its first reveal and following trailers. I recall a lot of people writing it off before we really got to see much. Now if you've watching trailers/opening intros and don't like what you see that's all fair and good. The reaction I was seeing was people just burying it from the start, why another zombie game? This is so generic! Why have this and Last of Us? Is a lot of what I was seeing.

I'm personally excited for the game, I hope it turns out well. I like what Ive been seeing, day one for me.

• @themarcv

I hear what you're saying, but even so, the into trailer/gameplay reveal was a dude running around and spraying zombies clip after clip after clip. Likely 15+ ammo clips. It was insane. In my opinion, this game was fairly judged based on what was shown.

WHat might be unfair is that it was shown at all. Seems like it was announced too soon.