Days Gone (PS4)
Yeah It's Sam Witwer, I thought that's not a secret anymore lol, i guess a beard can make all the difference.
@DMCMaster He's Starkiller from The Force Unleashed games
TokyoSlim last edited by TokyoSlim
He's also the voice actor of both Darth Maul and Emperor Palpatine and a bunch of other voices in most Star Wars stuff, including But not limited to, Clone Wars, Rebels, Solo, Battlefront, The Force Unleashed, etc. Was one of the leads in the US remake of Being Human ( he was the Vampire roommate) and he was on Smallville for a while.
Was also the Movie Trivia Schmoedown Star Wars trivia champion for a bit until he stepped down due to his work scheduling interfering with being able to defend his title.
DIPSET last edited by
That trailer was edited by an amateur. How did this pass QA?
TheMarcV last edited by
Man, I feel like a sucker cuz this kinda worked on me. I agree the audio mixing was a little odd but i dunno, I'm kinda vested in these characters. It felt like this place really meant something to this character and I kinda buy in to their relationship. I was already really interested in this game so maybe it's just easier for me to have these trailers win me over but I'm excited for this game. My only gripe with their recent marketing push is I think its a little too soon, game is still a couple months away but I'm sold, very much looking forward to this.
They haven't really been making a big deal about Sam Witwer being in this game, so not surprised it's flown under the radar.
Being an obsessed voice actor fan, I thought it was him from an earlier gameplay video but that beard threw me, and the nose looked weird.
I like him a lot, so him being the main character actually made me more interested. Not sure I'll play it, because those zombie hordes look stressful, but I hope it does well.
@inustar Spider-Man didn't announce Yuri Lowenthal is Peter until e3 2018 I believe and I was like, isn't this obvious. No idea why in video games they don't announce the voice actor early.
@iboshow voice actors don't get the prestige that regular actors do, so I'm not surprised they don't announce them earlier. They seem to only care when it's a big character, so for Spider-Man it made sense, or if it's a celebrity playing them like Rhonda Rousey playing Sonya in MK11.
Axel last edited by
Is it bad that I have no idea who Sam Witwer is and never heard of Yuri Lowenthal before he was nominated at the Game Awards last year?
TokyoSlim last edited by TokyoSlim
@axel Nah. He's not super famous or anything, but he's well known in like Star Wars Clone Wars/Rebels circles and Trivia circles. Also, I watched Being Human for 2 seasons back in the day. I didn't even know he did voice acting until I saw him on trivia shmoedown.
He's very distinct looking though.
iboshow last edited by iboshow
@TokyoSlim To me it's Dooms Day from Smallsville,the big bad in Supergirl and the obvious protag of Force Unleashed.
@TokyoSlim He's the new voice of Darth Maul!
Also I enjoyed him as Tank Zombie in the first episode of Walking Dead ☺
TokyoSlim last edited by
@inustar "New" (He's been the voice of Darth Maul for six years!)
A7X458 last edited by
He is the guy from Dexter who claimed he was a serial killer, he has a disturbing look and a very good actor, more reasons to get hyped for days gone.
bam541 last edited by bam541
Oh baby, a 38 minute preview! I'll post a little summary of the whole preview after I finish watching it.
Here's my summary. For the record, Jones played on Easy, the demo is running on PS4 Pro.
- Framerate is "so much better" compared to the last demo, with no noticable graphical downgrade.
- The blood splatters are not terrific. Shooting enemies doesn't feel as good as Jones wanted.
- There's a good amount of open world jank. Facial animations aren't as good "as in other open world games."
- Zombie nests in the world are fast travel points once you clear them out.
- You can booby trap enemy bikes, so they blow up when the enemies use them. Enemies can mess with your bike too.
- The base camps in the world seems have their own unique qualities and characters (the demo only had 2 bases).
- Stealth around the zombie hordes is "pretty easy" as long you're careful. Of course, once you're found out it won't be easy dealing with them.
- Gas goes away quick, you can either find gas or get back to base and buy them.
- Rain makes stealth easier and reduces visibility of the enemies. It also makes the road muddier (bike sliding hype!).
- You can sell resources to camps to get credits. As you do missions for each camps, they trust you more and the resources prices goes down. Jones didn't know if the credits carry over to other camp or not.
- You can fill up ammo and fix your bike in the camps. The risk is how far you're willing to travel and scavenge before you decide to return.
- The bike feels good. It seems that you have to be careful since it can be damaged quite easily. Landing a jump incorrectly can damage it.
- The story is "quite prominent".
- You're playing as a bounty hunter!
- "NERO" is the Umbrella organization in this world. Lab people collecting zombies to experiment.
- Deacon (main character) has "a few screws loose". He can put himself in dangerous positions.
- There's lots of flashbacks, Sarah (Deacon's wife) is quite prominent, there's also ties to NERO in the flashbacks.
- The story is divided into story arcs. There's a story arc specific to Sarah.
- Deacon talks a lot, a lot of low volume mumbling to himself. Jones really likes his VO and his characterization.
HoloGraphics last edited by
I wonder what the performance will be like on base PS4.
bam541 last edited by bam541
Already added the preview summary below. This preview got me hyped again, after the last story trailer that left a bad taste in my mouth. Risky world exploration, intense combat, with a surprising focus to the story. I'm especially pleased that Jones likes Deacon's character, and has good things to say about other characters and such. The gunplay is my only concern right now.
@HoloGraphics I'm optimistic that it'll run well, as Jones said in the preview the performance has been improved from the last demo, it "runs really really well". The demo is running on PS4 pro, of course, but I can't imagine them letting the base PS4 run badly.
Yay, more photo mode in games!