Rainbow Six Siege players who use slurs are now getting instantly banned

• @el-shmiablo alt text

Mate, that is some first class reachin'. I am honestly so astounded that I can only give you the greatest slow clap I can muster. You truly are a first rate comedian.

• Banned

@luka Care to explain exactly what about it is reaching, or is a passive aggressive non-reply all I get?

• @sabotagethetruth Same here. Anyone trying to use a a bunch of what ifs and buts are mindlessly decieving themselves and defending assholes ruining the game. I don't like Siege, but I am glad Ubisoft is doing something right for once.

• @tokyoslim said:

I mean, you can be critical of the specifics or actual unintended consequences of any automated regulatory system such as dealing with false positives

@BrawlMan said:

Anyone trying to use a a bunch of what ifs and buts are mindlessly decieving themselves and defending assholes ruining the game.

Exactly why I stopped discussing this. If we can't talk about it maturely without resorting to "anyone who express concern for this is defending people using hate speech" finger pointing, then it isn't worth talking about at all. You're shutting down the potential for healthy discussion by saying anyone who disagrees for any reason is part of the problem, and that's the sort of unhealthy, extremist attitude I'm not willing to deal with. It is no better than tasteless political slander, and you can't expect anyone to want to hold a civil conversation on the topic when not agreeing with one side completely automatically labels them.

• @mbun weeeeellll, and on the other hand, I have not seen any particularly compelling arguments about how this is being poorly implemented. Outrage videos that you're not allowed to change the N word slightly to avoid detection are not really showing me it's not working as intended.

In fact the anecdotal evidence in this very thread shows that it's working well.

• @el-shmiablo Literally everything you stated in the post I had replied to.

This is the kind of dumb stuff that I would expect to find on some random conspiracy site. Honestly, I thought you were joking/trolling at first. However, it is clear that you are being completely serious and I just... I haven't been able to stop laughing at the sheer idiocy of it all. Thank you for the laughs.

• Banned

@luka So the latter. Cool.