Dreams (PS4)

• What is DREAMS?

Dreams is both a "game" and a proprietary game design and creation engine.
    If it helps, imagine a 3d Mario Maker, but instead of being limited to building using only Mario assets, you can use any premade assets that come loaded with the game (which is what they've shown off most in demos) OR you can make your own assets through 3d modeling from scratch, OR you can use assets made by other people, OR you can take assets made by other people and alter them to fit your needs. Assets include textures, models, music, physics, lighting, and pretty much everything.

Is there a campaign? Yes. There will be a pre-made set of "Dreams" that MM has put together.
    Also, you'll be able to search, favorite, rank, sort, and follow community creators you're interested in, and play the Dreams THEY are making.

alt text

alt text

These are from the latest live video (MM puts these out pretty regularly) Gothic Novel Game Jam:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/289478196

• This is copied from the YOUR Desire Index thread:

@tokyoslim said in YOUR Desire Index:

@brannox said in YOUR Desire Index:

if I don't like how a game looks, I just can't get into it.

That's the part of Dreams I feel you're selling short.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Dreams can look a bunch of different ways. It depends on what the person creates. Like podracing!
    alt text

• Cool, how does making stuff work?

Youtube Video

• I'm really excited to see what people will make with this, it's the main reason i'm interested in this game, just to play the best "dreams" available. Can't wait until someone makes the RE Spencer Mansion lol, if that ever happens the allies should do a group stream on it. Hell, they can do lots of things with this. Don's Design Labs, a regular group stream showcasing levels by the Allies and the community, etc.

I'm probably not gonna spend too much time actually making levels, but man i really want to try it out, at the very least make one level. I better start brainstorming for some ideas.

• I'll never forget how excited I was to play LittleBigPlanet back in 2007 when I was like 12 or 13. Then it got delayed to 2008, then it got delayed right before launch because they had the word Quran in it. It was a painful series of delays for something I was so eagerly anticipating. Then I finally got my hands on it and in typical Sony fashion, it took like 5 hours of updates. I was playing at like 3am in which I got into an obscene amount of tutorials. I fell asleep with the controller in-hand. I could have fallen asleep earlier and just played in the morning, but I was too excited.

Years later we have DREAMS! I know better than to see myself being a creator but I also have the prior knowledge of knowing how much I enjoy playing other peoples creations. I know its damn near unfounded, but I have this deep desire and anticipation for Dreams and I rarely get excited anymore. I used to be eager for games in 2008 as a kid, but not anymore. YET, I find myself very very excited for Dream. I love God of War, I love Yakuza, I love Souls, but I waited patiently for those games when they came out. For whatever reason, I just can't wait to play Dreams.

• Global Moderator

I genuinely really want this game and hope so much that we finally get that beta at least. It's been 2 years now!

• Global Moderator

They're at least saying the beta is still set for this year.

• My question is : Can i ramake ocarina of time in dreams?

• @A7X458 It's pretty clear the answer is yes.

• This is awesome. I grew up wanting to play LBP but didn't and this looks like it's going to be a blast
    Dream game

• They low key delayed to 2019

• Global Moderator

@iboshow Shawn Layden already low keyed that a week or two before in the podcast where he confirmed no PSX.