Dreams (PS4)

• @tokyoslim Worth the $30 you think? I'm on a pretty tight budget honestly but I'm intrigued by Dreams.

• @sabotagethetruth I mean, I can't really tell you that. Watch the stream and see if anything speaks to ya. :P

I bought it tho.

• @tokyoslim Well yeah, everyone has a different value they place on money in general, but do you feel it was worth your purchase so far?

I really loved Mario Maker for what it offered yet I bought FarCry 5 almost specifically because of the level editor.. and then I never built a level.

• I think if you're wanting to build stuff it's worth it to spend the time it'll take to learn it. But don't be fooled by be there cutesy aesthethic they are selling... it'll take a while. This isn't really a pick up and jam kinda deal if you're interested in quality. Once you're a handful of hours in, you can probably make something, janky but some of the stuff I saw that people made tonight was probably like 30+ hours of learning and building for a few minutes of gameplay. And much of it is ongoing and awaiting further refinements.

Also... Remember that you'll probably never be able to sell what you're making. It's just for the creative outlet. Playing other people's stuff is gonna be hit and miss. But there's a lot of fantastic creative stuff in there already.

• @tokyoslim I think I'm gonna give it a go. I just remembered the full version is probably going to have some form of VR support and that's even more incentive to dive in.

• The Dreams group stream is so fun! Really enjoyed seeing all the cool stuff people make, I hope the Allies return to Dreams in some form in the future, I can't get enough of it.

• Still on the tutorials but have now reached the point where you create your first character. So much fun.

• So tempted but I have just too many games to go through so I won't get it now.
    I can already see an interactive painting being a pretty cool thing to make. An image that has rain constantly going and hair changed on a character or other getting cold if it's snowing and such

• I bought it, and I am most excited to create music for other people's (and my own) games. I'm currently working on some Donkey Kong-inspired tracks just for fun; they could probably be used in a variety of different games.

• @kevinjennissen
    Just for you, the DKC splash screen remade in Dreams.

0_1555585851756_1548739896240m.jpg

So I caved and bought it last night despite making a vow to myself I wouldn't buy any games for the rest of the year. I justify it by saying it is more a creation tool than a game, and spending 40 Canabux now is better than spending 80 later.
    Played the opening and tried out a few creations before passing out on the couch. So incredibly charming and comfy and pure. The little noodley arm triangle guy is protagonist of the year all years.

I really just want to dive into the creation side of things so I can make games for my son. I've been working on a children's book for him and I think I want to make it playable.
    So hype for this game.

• Just found out that the early access comes a bit late here in my place (22 April). I think I'm gonna dive right in and start making a mockup of my university class room first, to get a better grip of how things work (and also because I think it would be a good motivator since I want to show it to my friends). I'm definitely not going to have a lot of time with this, but I'll be happy with just slowly progressing on my projects at least at a weekly basis. I'm still working on designing my first real project anyway. Really hyped for this.

Also, I would love to try out the stuff you guys make here so it would be cool if you share them here when you see fit.

• Not even worth a penny for me. "the game" looks daft.

• @sheria

Why?

• @dipset I don't think Sony is going to allow Loli Groping Sims to be published in the game.

• Global Moderator

Mod Note - @El-Shmiablo Another post like that, trying to start a fight and derail another topic and you're getting another ban.

Any issues on the matter, posters are free to DM me. Please continue with discussing Dreams

• That sounds like a fantastic policy and I agree with it wholeheartedly and would love to see it implemented more often.

So I messed around with the creation tools a bit and haha fuck it's going to take me a lot longer to do what I want to do. I think I'm going to buckle down and just sit through as many tutorials as I can this long weekend to figure everything out.

• As I was saying, it's not really the kind of thing you can pick up for the first time and make something in in a couple hours . "How to move your cursor around" is like a 10 minute series of tutorials.

• Global Moderator

Pretty much. I've been going through the early tutorials again today. Going to do some new ones now.

I have just been messing around, adding some walking space and grabbing things created by other people. Jurassic Park Isolation is very much a possibility!

• Friendly looking Rex. Would pet.

• Global Moderator

@tokyoslim oh damn. I'll need to make that a feature for that twitter account.