The Walking Dead: The Final Season (PC/PS4/XBO/NS)

• @dmcmaster I think that makes a world of sense. THQ Nordic have definitely repositioned themselves as that sort of 'nearly AAA, mid tier' studio that doesn't really exist anymore. It always seems to be either indie, or a massive big budget title these days, with no inbetween. I guess the folks at Ninja Theory were the inbetween, but they're now owned by MS... in any case, i would love to see Telltale and that entire staff (minus the upper management) resurrected by someone like THQ...

• Skybound Games to the rescue!

• @sentinel-beach Ahh what great news! The perfect team to handle it too. Hopefully the Walking Dead staff can be rehired (even just on a temporary contract) to see their work through to completion.

• @klinjon
    From what I've been reading that's the plan

• The work has resumed on episodes 3 and 4, release dates will be announced soon.
    https://www.skybound.com/games/an-update-on-the-final-season-of-telltales-the-walking-dead/

• Played Episode 2 thinking I'd never see the end... Cannot wait!

• The 3rd episode is out. I couldn't find it on Store on PS4, but instead I had to go in the game and start the download from there. That works.

So yeah, finished it just now, the episode lasted around 2,5 hrs. Pretty calm for a long time, but in the end I felt my emotions storming quite hard. Good stuff. And no technical bugs or anything!

The biggest surprise: seeing and hearing Lee again! My God, how I'd missed that voice. :') Honestly, the journey it's been. 2012. A really heartwarming moment.

Spoiler I loved Violet's singing as well, a beautiful end for that night.

Spoiler In the end I stopped AJ from shooting Lily, killing her. That would've messed him up, I feel, like James said he feared. But of course there were repercussions, and so James died. Well, it is what it is, he wasn't my favourite person. A weird zombie lover, sorry to say. But anyway, I wonder if Lily would've really died at that point with the other option. Before the final episode. Well, she's alive in mine, so we'll see how it all ends.

• God damn it, accidentally hit that first spoiler and God fucking damn it.

• Episode 4, the last one ever, will be released on March 26th. Together with physical editions. "Take Us Back", what a beautifully sad callback.
    https://www.skybound.com/games/telltale-walking-dead-episode-4-release-date-xbox-ps4-switch/

• And that was it. It's over, the journey that lasted for seven years with Clementine. What an emotional series, I'm happy that I got to take part in it.

There were no tears from me this time around, but this was still a very well executed and written episode and ending for everything. I'm just glad that it ended with a smile, basically. :')

It wasn't as effective as the developers propably would have liked it to be, the scene in the barn, as my mind just kept telling me that all you have to do is cut that leg off, not kill her entirely. Anyway I'm super glad they didn't. AJ's return from fishing while "Take Us Back" was playing was a beautiful moment, and then seeing Clem and just hugging her. :) A fine, sad and happy final talk between the two, all at the same time. Really liked Clem's last on-screen moment. And to end everything with a shot of her cap was basically unavoidable, this is how it was meant to be.