Donut County (PS4/PC)

• Donut County, the chillest game of the year, arrives on August 28th on PS4, PC, OS X and iOS. Indie game developer Ben Esposito has created this "reverse Katamari": you control a hole, and as the hole swallows objects, it increases in size.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donut_County

I really like what I'm seeing. I mean this has all the makings of just cool, relaxed playtime. The graphics work neatly for their purpose, everything looks simple and fun. I actually ended up pre-ordering this just now. I didn't think too much, I just had a good feeling about this. For the PS Plus members the pre-order price is 10,36 €.

Donut County – PSX 2017: Updog Gameplay Trailer | PS4
    Youtube Video

Donut County – Full of Holes Trailer - Release Date Announce | PS4
    Youtube Video

• Loving the vibes. Hoping this will be a chill one-sitting game, would be perfect for my current habits.

• I'm super into this. Katamari Damacy is my favorite game of all time, so apparently this has a similar vibe. Also, Ian specifically told me to get this at PSX last year.

• This is out now. I tried it out for half an hour, played through four scenarios. I can't deny it isn't what I ordered: you move the hole, things fell down into it, and the hole grows bigger. That's it. :) I'm sensing this won't be too long of a game. And you can't really speak of difficulty based on what I'm seeing. But hey, the world needs these kinds of games as well. I hope there'll be some absurd scenarios down the road, already there's been some "okay, so that's possible" moments.

• Finished the game already, it was propably something closer to 3 hours long. The story is bonkers, sits well in a game like this. A little bit more of everything would have been nice, but then again, there's only so much you can do with a hole in the ground. :) And this way it worked well, I had fun enough. After you beat the game, a level select opens up, which was exactly what I hoped would happen.

• I asked on the game's Twitter account about the one trophy I couldn't figure out ("Gamer"), and what happens: Ben Esposito himself guided me into the right direction, cool! Moments later I now have the platinum trophy.

• So in the end worth the price of admission?

• @mango It depends, I guess. Like with lots of games. The idea is really simple and doesn't get more complex, really. And it's all over in a couple of hours. But then again, I found it entertaining and relaxing, I've had 10 euros spent in so many worse things. Still, I can see people also disappointed in this, perhaps, so it depends how you're approaching the game.

• PS Store Asia doesn't have this game yet... I'm so bummed.