Forewarning for Spyro Trilogy

• Those looking forward to the upcoming Spyro trilogy might need to know that the disc will apparently only contain the first game, while the other two will be downloaded.

This comes at me personally as I only recently discovered that I had bought the first ever game for console, that has good chance of being a coaster only in the future. That game was CoD: WWII, which had, as far as I know, the first ever mandatory patch to even play the single player campaign.

As far as I'm understanding: Owning the Spyro Trilogy on disk will mean that, 20, 30 or 50 years odd down the line, you will likely only be able to play just one game of what you bought.

• Global Moderator

yeah that is kinda sad that you cant get all 3 on one disc, I mean it shouldnt be a storage issue either.

I suppose in 50 years time we either got to have it still tied to our account or play the original games.

• @lotias that's what I'm wondering about this, I can hardly see these games requiring much space so how could they be saving money by doing something like this, the format of the physical media would likely be the same in all cases. Maybe they are just testing this BS to see how people role with it as a litmus test.

• It seems really, really silly to me that they couldn't put a second disc in the case. I mean, they no longer ship instruction manuals, so they have more room in there.

• @ezekiel said in Forewarning for Spyro Trilogy:

It seems really, really silly to me that they couldn't put a second disc in the case. I mean, they no longer ship instruction manuals, so they have more room in there.

Well this is it, excuses are completely out of the question here, even every Uncharted game came on one disk.

There's an agenda here, and it's unfortunately building towards online control as to what games you actually own.

• @sheria said in Forewarning for Spyro Trilogy:

There's an agenda here, and it's unfortunately building towards online control as to what games you actually own.

I wouldn't go that far. How's the phrase go? "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence" or something like that? They're probably desperately trying to force a deadline for release for the sake of quarter profits and this was the only way they could have a disc go gold in time. Considering how Tony Hawk 5 was literally just a tutorial on-disc it wouldn't surprise me. Not that I'm defending this stupidity but still.

• @hanabi said in Forewarning for Spyro Trilogy:

@sheria said in Forewarning for Spyro Trilogy:

I wouldn't go that far. How's the phrase go? "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence" or something like that? They're probably desperately trying to force a deadline for release for the sake of quarter profits and this was the only way they could have a disc go gold in time. Considering how Tony Hawk 5 was literally just a tutorial on-disc it wouldn't surprise me. Not that I'm defending this stupidity but still.

What deadline do they have though? and what makes this set so special?

• I really wanted the physical copy of this to put next to my PS2 ones but I'd rather just play it at midnight and download it if the game is just gonna have to be downloaded anyways.

• @sheria Did you read the rest of that post? It is probably just to increase quarterly profits. Nothing special about it other than, after witnessing the huge success of the Crash trilogy, they know there is demand and they have another potential huge hit on their hands that will increase their portfolio.

• @el-shmiablo said in Forewarning for Spyro Trilogy:

@sheria Did you read the rest of that post?

God, yes.... It could be that, possibly.

• It's a bummer but atleast there is a disc.