Easy Livin 2018

• This obviously needs to be added here. The video grew into something much more than one might have initially thought. Emotions!

Ian and Don Hit the Beach Again
    Youtube Video

• @sentinel-beach I honestly wish they hadn't gotten so sucked into Viirtua Fighter though. Went on a bit long. lol

• @tokyoslim I agree. That part went way too long (even if "Lion taming" became amusing per se). I would have liked to see much more of the city and what it had to offer.

Still, though, I think that stream did it. It finally sold Yakuza to me as a series. I've now listened all the EZA praises for over two years, and now it suddenly clicked. There's Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 available, and propably more to come in that form. Could not be any easier to start that journey. The fall is just a difficult time to do that because of all the new games and the hours I'll spend with them, but still, the fire has now been lit.

• The new goals announced:

• 52K: Monthly full playthrough Fridays
    • 55K: Monthly Huber Game Show
    • 58K: Weekly live shows with guests (interviews and new games)

• Sonic the Fighters was hype as expected. Also I'm hard-in on that Huber game show.

• @hazz3r 14 hours is pretty spot on, eh?

Great game to fill the gap though! I'm barely in the first hour of the MGS playthrough on YouTube... I have some catching up to do.

• Global Moderator

Man, that was a lot of fun. The Yakuza 2 stream was a favourite for me but all in all it was just a blast.

And those new goals are great. I think it would have been better to maybe mention a goal each night, tease them out that way but either way they're very cool to hear and hopefully it does get people interested.

• Any details about what the Huber game show might be? That sounds amazing!

• @axel Although not officially stated by the Allies, I saw someone recommend the recent podcast game with the Pokedex/animal facts be expanded into a gameshow with Huber at the helm. Gotta say, I'd love that.

• Huber's childhood ambition.

• Global Moderator

I'm just curious if it'll be the allies in this game show or other people, whether that be guests, or patreons via video calls or something. Just curious how it will go.

• @sabotagethetruth Yeah, I guess I got that wrong. Honestly, I thought they'd be handing off the controller more like they did for Super Mario Sunshine, rather than Damiani playing most of it!

• I'm on hour 11 of easy living and i am finding Damiani "style of streaming" a little bit annoying to watch, he skipped alot of hidden stuff in MGS 1 just to finish the game way ahead of time, we learned that from last years easy living, also i don't have to mention the Meryl situation , i prefer the "take a knee" style of streams.

• Regarding Porky,

All of the Daffy reveals are priceless. The terror.

• Finally made it through the Metal Gear Solid playthrough last night. I hadn't played or really seen much of that game since release so it was great revisiting it. It blew my mind back then and even today, it's ridiculous how much love and care was put into it. My favorite in the series for a good reason.

Then I started watching the Revengence playthrough and I've finally realized something - I don't like Platinum games for the most part. It's a lot of flashy style usually but substance wise? It's hard to defend. It turned Metal Gear into a big, dumb action movie and while it's obvious the series is inspired by a lot of older action flicks, it always had some pretty important issues to tackle as well. Maybe that stuff comes later (only an hour into the stream currently) but woof, I'm bored of all the explosions already. At least Damiani is having a good time, it makes it a little easier to sit through.

• I love the new goals, but I seriously can't up the pledge. I'm more concerned with new people supporting or long time viewers finally giving up a dollar.

The studio goal is what I want them to get and every time they hit 50k, it dips below. I don't wanna lose that. BUT, the new goals are some good incentive. I bet a game show with people in the biz joining every now and again would be sweeeet.

• @sabotagethetruth said in Easy Livin 2018:

Then I started watching the Revengence playthrough and I've finally realized something - I don't like Platinum games for the most part. It's a lot of flashy style usually but substance wise? It's hard to defend. It turned Metal Gear into a big, dumb action movie and while it's obvious the series is inspired by a lot of older action flicks, it always had some pretty important issues to tackle as well. Maybe that stuff comes later (only an hour into the stream currently) but woof, I'm bored of all the explosions already. At least Damiani is having a good time, it makes it a little easier to sit through.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is a weird one. I think its one of their more simple games. Clearly took design concepts and aesthetic from MGS4 rather than going to the drawing board themselves. Sorta being forced to take the ideas from the original trailer for Metal Gear Rising (Lightening Bolt Action, lol) and put it into their game.

To me, it feels like the OG trailer was like the guiding light for this game as a way to save face for cancelling it then re-announcing it as something new. Like "We didn't screw up. Look - everything in the original trailer is here!!". I'd say their other games feel a lot better and more thought out than MGR:R.

• @dipset Well, watching Revengence was basically the nail in the coffin for me. I played Bayonetta and while gameplay wise it was fun, it lacked substance for me. Transformers: Devastation was really boring in my eyes and despite all the praise Nier: Automata received last year, I felt immensely underwhelmed. I did enjoy MadWorld quite a bit and I've always wanted to try Vanquish so maybe I shouldn't write them off completely yet, but they don't really make games that appeal to me much, which is certainly a me thing since they seem to be pretty well loved.

• @sabotagethetruth

They are at their strongest with a bigger picture vision or a more fleshed out design with story significance. I think Vanquish and Nier Automata are the best games of theirs that I've played. Mad World was really solid as well. They felt very coherent across all departments whereas Revengence as you point out is all action. I definitely feel what you're saying. Bayonetta has me scratching my head as well. Playing it for the first time this year and don't really understand the fuss.