EZA Fantasy Football (NFL) 2018: Week 6 (10/9/18)

• @Peter Any more update on spot #12?

• I'm definitely in.

• We are still waiting on spot 12. Unfortunately if it doesn’t fill Espn might not let us draft. I could create a dummy account and autodraft it though. I am considering it so we don’t have to postpone. In that case whoever takes over team #12 would have an autodrafted team

• @peter I know it's a pain, but we could just reschedule later in the week, no? It's a bummer one person hasn't signed up yet but handing them an autodrafted team feels like such a huge penalty personally.

• @peter I think autodraft is the best option if we can't find anyone in time

• I’m totally fine with moving the draft back I just don’t know how that works for everyone else. This is all very short notice. I totally agree that giving someone an autodraft team is not great. It’s just an idea. I’m working through our options

• I'm fine with whatever, but I need to know pretty soon as 7pm EST is 12am in the UK, so I don't really wanna stay up for no reason.

I'm fine rescheduling.

• @peter You're the commish so I'm fine with whatever you decide, I just like everyone to be on even ground if possible. But who knows, maybe that autodraft team could end up destroying us all. If we do reschedule, anytime Wednesday would work perfect for me. If we don't reschedule, good luck to the person with the autodraft team!

• You will know for sure in about an hour because I think everyone has to be registered one hour before since that’s when we can all enter the room. Hopefully someone will sign up and no decision will have to be made!

• Okay did some very surface level sleuthing and I think its one of these that hasn't registered

Crepe
    Henry Ramirez
    SilentConsonant
    PK_Rocket

probably Henry Ramirez just on last login time but doesnt hurt to doublecheck

• I have done some investigating myself I just didn’t want to throw anyone under the bus.

Right now I’m leaning on rescheduling the draft. I prefer this to autodrafting a team because I only invited the alternate about 5 hours ago so it wasn’t great notice for him. But if we still don’t have the spot filled by our next draft slot I will autodraft team 12 and even “automange” it (by just starting the players with the highest projections each week) until someone claims it.

We could do the draft tomorrow, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Monday is a holiday in the US so maybe that can work. I might try to schedule the draft for earlier in the day by about an hour so our UK friends don’t have to draft at midnight. I do however have another draft tomorrow, but it’s 9:00pm EST so I don’t think it will be an issue for me.

Tuesday and Wednesday are fine for me too but obviously it’s difficult for some people in the middle of the week. Let me know what day is best for you and what time is best. Remember drafting from the app is perfectly fine (and actually better from my experience) so you can draft anywhere as long as you have battery and service. You will have two minutes for each pick so you have plenty of time between selections. You’d only have to check your phone once every 5 or so minutes. Maybe a little sooner. Point is you should be fine even if you’re out and about. So long as you’re not in some sort of meeting.

but please at least stay put until 6:00pm EST (a half hour from this post) to see if our current draft goes off. If we do not fill the spot by then ESPN will automatically postpone the draft. It’s not much longer let’s just wait and see

• Global Moderator

I’m registered, I even announced my team name, XP. But if we need to push it back that’s fine I’m available all day tomorrow and any times after work during the week. So after 6:30 Eastern

• The draft is officially postponed. I will update the time once we can agree on something that works for us all

• @thecowardrobertford I'm registered. Team = Strawberry On The Shortcake!!

I'm good with anytime after 6:30.

• @silentconsonant @crepe
    Sorry my methodology was just compare the team names and first names from ESPN to here

• @thecowardrobertford No worries dude.

• Alright, I'll break down my availability the best I can for the next three days.

Monday - Available until 2 pm PST. (if we start a draft at 2 pm PST, I should still be able to participate.)
    Tuesday - Available until 5 PM PST.
    Wednesday - Available all day/night.

I'd really prefer to avoid drafting tomorrow because it's a rather hectic day for me and that gives time for the 12th person to sign on. If it's the best day for everyone though, I'll figure something out.

• My general availability the next couple of days:

Monday - 9am-4pm PST
    Tuesday - 2pm-5pm PST
    Wednesday - pretty much anytime before 5pm PST

But will make any time work regardless :)

• @TheCowardRobertFord I'm also registered. But yeah, my availability over the next few days will be:
    Monday: 9am-5pm EST
    Tuesday: Noon-8pm EST
    Wednesday: Noon-5pm EST

• Global Moderator

My availability is
    Monday: any time
    Tuesday: unavailable
    Wednesday: anytime after 6:30 EST