Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4/XBO/PC)

• Release date announced, looks like it's coming sooner than I though if that date holds up. I was thinking later in 2019.

Youtube Video

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

• Im actually interested in this game. so glad its not RPG so expecting better gameplay and combat.

hopefully PC version doesnot have xbox button prompt.

• I'm gonna go in blind on this, i personally don't feel the need for more info. All i seen and heard is enough to convince me that it's a not exactly a Souls game (which i absolutely wanted), and From Soft has my trust.

• I can't wait to see gameplay

• @b-cell Why would not being an RPG mean the combat is better? Dark Souls and Bloodborne are RPGs and they have incredible combat.

• I've said it before but I rarely get excited for video games these days. There are few games that give me that itch to line up and get my copy at midnight. I did that with Uncharted 4 and Metal Gear Solid V. Nowadays, no stores even do that. I honestly cannot wait to play this game. Knowing I'll be playing it relatively soon now that the release date is out, I'm having that itch again.

8 months!! Woohoo!!

• @bam541 said in Sekiro: Shadows die Twice (PS4/XBO/PC):

I'm gonna go in blind on this, i personally don't feel the need for more info. All i seen and heard is enough to convince me that it's a not exactly a Souls game (which i absolutely wanted), and From Soft has my trust.

I feel the same way. Blind is best when it comes to modern day FromSoft. I like watching trailers though, so I'm probably going to take a peak at any official ones that are shown before Sekiro's release. I expect I will avoid accumulating "useful" knowledge and actual gameplay details as long as I avoid articles and reviews.

• @chocobop said in Sekiro: Shadows die Twice (PS4/XBO/PC):

@bam541 said in Sekiro: Shadows die Twice (PS4/XBO/PC):

I'm gonna go in blind on this, i personally don't feel the need for more info. All i seen and heard is enough to convince me that it's a not exactly a Souls game (which i absolutely wanted), and From Soft has my trust.

I feel the same way. Blind is best when it comes to modern day FromSoft. I like watching trailers though, so I'm probably going to take a peak at any official ones that are shown before Sekiro's release. I expect I will avoid accumulating "useful" knowledge and actual gameplay details as long as I avoid articles and reviews.

Not to sound like I'm super mad still, but I low key am still mad at how terribly Bandai Namco marketed Dark Souls 3 when it came out.

Bloodborne was a surprise to everybody. Having completed the game I know that Sony's marketing only revealed the very beginning on Yarnham. No more than 2 or maybe 3 levels. They showed a few quick cuts of late game enemies and that's about it. We were sold and excited, then had a whole lot to be blown away by on our own.

Bandai Namco revealed a shitty launch trailer that AUTOPLAYED ON MY FACEBOOK immediately revealing

Anor Londo!!

I couldn't believe it. I had no chance to avoid that spoiler. They showed so much of the game before launch that I was really really upset at the time.

Anyways, now I know to be more vigilant but here's to hoping Activision doesn't spoil much.

• @dipset I don't have a Facebook, but I make a note to avoid Youtube altogether, if I am playing a game I'm invested in.

Shadows is looking great and appears to almost gone full DMC. It looks like an even faster version of Bloodborne and maybe even Team Ninja's Ni-Oh. I'm interested as I don't care much for Dark Souls style games.

• That small 'd' in the title, though.

alt text

It looks like German now: "die Twice sind sehr schön".

• @brawlman said in Sekiro: Shadows die Twice (PS4/XBO/PC):

@dipset I don't have a Facebook, but I make a note to avoid Youtube altogether, if I am playing a game I'm invested in.

I said I learned my lesson with Dark Souls 3 but I actually didn't. I never knew YouTube to just shoot ridiuclous recommendations at me until as of late but when God of War (PS4) came out I didn't have time to play it until a few months later. In the meantime, I had to stay off of YouTube because I had random videos appear with titles like "When this explicitly specific thing happens in the story to Kratos, and what it means" with a thumbnail of him

holding the Blades of Chaos o__o

I learned a lesson there. Thankfully I like forced my brain to forget that happened and now I just play a big release ASAP because GoW was trying to be spoiled by clickbait YouTubers.

• @sentinel-beach it actually means Thee Bart, Thee.

• EZA Gameplay Preview:

Youtube Video