Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

• Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is an upcoming adventure game taking influence from Wonder Boy and its 2017 remake. In this side-scrolling open-world game you get to transform into different animal characters with different special abilities while battling enemies and solving puzzles. The game will be released on November 6th for PS4, Switch, PC and Xbox One.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Boy_and_the_Cursed_Kingdom

Youtube Video

I really like the style and the colours of this. Every now and then it's good to have something much more simpler and warmer on one's plate instead of everything being realistic and grim.

And a really cool instruction booklet and stickers work as a pre-order incentive.
    alt text

• I was immediately IN for this! I love the WHOLESOME song and vibes from this, and it honestly looks just like the Shantae game I've been wanting after the last few disappointing ones. I really hope it has an interconnected world to explore and not "stages". Only thing that worries me is that the review for the last game in the franchise wasn't scored very high, but from my understanding the game that remake was based on was made ages ago, probably by very different people, so maybe it shouldn't be taken into consideration at all for this?

• I'm on board!