Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes

• @Bigdude1 said:

you do see official twitters like sonic the hedgehog attempt and with greater success similar edgy responses

As I said above, they have an entire team working together for that to make sure nobody crosses the line, and I think they've said someone at Sega basically has to approve anything they're unsure about or maybe that involved Sega IP directly? I think they've done a talk on it somewhere before, but I don't have that link on me. Either way, I imagine it is way more involved than the average Social Media PR team.

@ochi We're probably flailing way off topic here, but there's an entire sect of Nazi anime fans outside Japan even, and it is one of the weirdest phenomenon. Guess it is just people combining interests. There are people out there who idolize Nazis, not for the horrible inhuman things they did, but for their military presence, which is a whole other can of worms I'm personally happy to not share fascination with.

For all the people who think this isn't news and don't really want to talk about this, let me just remind you at the bottom of the page you can click Not Watching and set it to Ignore, then you won't see the topic anymore. Posting angry comments at other people discussing this will only further bump the topic, get you in trouble, and bother others, so there's no reason on any level you should be doing this.

• @ochi that's pretty off-topic, but not really surprising to me to be honest, for as much as I like Japan and there are things about their culture I really like, their isolationism and general ignorance of the outside is really not one of them, and overall there are some serious problems they have in their society.

• @bard91 Been living in Japan for 5 years and yeah, like any society on this planet, they have problems. However, if you ask me, i am happy that here we can still have a conversation or joke about any topic (literally anything) if people don't believe you have any harming intentions or you are going to commit felony crimes...which i can't say about some other countries at this point...

• Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill....

Jesus, get over it.

• Global Moderator

@arglebarglefooferah It's very easy to ignore a topic.

Don't drive by post again.

• Is this turning into ResetEra?

Person makes a topic, I gave my opinion on it.

Are we only allowed to have specific opinions now?

• Global Moderator

@arglebarglefooferah

It's all in attitude and delivery. Saying something glib like "get over it" doesn't do much to further the conversation.

And generally speaking, the politics of this site is meant to be a reflection of the politics reflected within the allies themselves. And as a reminder one of the major slogans of the site is "Love and respect".

All in all this is simply a PR misstep/flash in the pan controversy that will eventually blow over and be ironed out, but it's always useful to examine a situation and take a step back and think about big picture ideas.

• Good to know we're only allowed to express certain opinions in certain ways here.

And here I thought we were allowed to have a discussion. I don't think I'll be back here if we're going to be threatened by mods for not expressing the proper opinions.

• Just a general rule of thumb, if you can't put the words "I think" or "I believe" in front of your statement, your statement is probably not directly expressing an opinion. In the case of "Get over it" the opinion is only inferred through a dismissive imperative statement. Also a poor choice if you're trying to actually have a discussion.

It's fairly obvious that the purpose of that post wasn't to have a discussion or to present an opinion. It was just a dismissive post about other's opinions.

Edit: it took me so long to write this in a neutral voice that they aren't even here anymore!

• Global Moderator

@arglebarglefooferah

Despite the ominous phrase in my signature bar. I'm just here to keep the peace and nudge us towards healthy discussion habits.

While reset era seems to have a mixed rating from those outside it's bubble, the general rule here is just try and keep it positive and constructive. No one's being banned for specifically saying that they think this is no big deal, it's all in the delivery.

Just like the joke that started this whole mess, delivery is everything.

EDIT: I see you've deleted your account. Whelp. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I guess he could not "get over it" LOL

• I'm glad this thread happened.
    Sorry not sorry for my outburst, but I've just become so tired of the back and forth with those who choose to be willfully ignorant of the issues being discussed.
    Perhaps I took it a bit more personally than I should have, but as a wise sage once said...
    ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• This post is deleted!

• @ochi they do have problems with over moderation. Personally why I can’t stand it. I mean I remember gaf banned a guy from xseed because of his stance for not censoring games. And I imagine era is the exact same way

• Banned

man this thread has been great

for the record i co-sign all of @Mcgeezaks statements

• Global Moderator

@david-berishaj Either you didn't read my post addressed to @Mcgeezaks or you don't care. Either way, there is no excuse and therefore receiving the same punishment.

• @tokyoslim said in Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes:

@sheria Unless you're talking about how cosmically nothing we do matters and good and bad are human constructs (which is esoteric as hell, but bullshit in context), that's a disingenuous argument to make in this circumstance.

• @sheria Yes?

Were you going to make an argument that there's no such thing as being "considerate" to other people because there are no boundaries in society that tell us what is and isn't unacceptable? I'm eager to hear this, since it can be pretty easily proven false by the existence of like, society itself.

• @tokyoslim said in Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes:

@sheria Yes?

Were you going to make an argument that there's no such thing as being "considerate" to other people because there are no boundaries in society that tell us what is and isn't unacceptable? I'm eager to hear this, since it can be pretty easily proven false by the existence of like, society itsel

I follow the same as you do, even restraining myself when necessary. Why would I'm I ever go jmop

• @sheria said in Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes:

Why would I'm I ever go jmop

Not sure what that's supposed to say, but
    thank you for your consideration and restraint... :)