Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes

• Global Moderator

@arglebarglefooferah

It's all in attitude and delivery. Saying something glib like "get over it" doesn't do much to further the conversation.

And generally speaking, the politics of this site is meant to be a reflection of the politics reflected within the allies themselves. And as a reminder one of the major slogans of the site is "Love and respect".

All in all this is simply a PR misstep/flash in the pan controversy that will eventually blow over and be ironed out, but it's always useful to examine a situation and take a step back and think about big picture ideas.

• Good to know we're only allowed to express certain opinions in certain ways here.

And here I thought we were allowed to have a discussion. I don't think I'll be back here if we're going to be threatened by mods for not expressing the proper opinions.

• Just a general rule of thumb, if you can't put the words "I think" or "I believe" in front of your statement, your statement is probably not directly expressing an opinion. In the case of "Get over it" the opinion is only inferred through a dismissive imperative statement. Also a poor choice if you're trying to actually have a discussion.

It's fairly obvious that the purpose of that post wasn't to have a discussion or to present an opinion. It was just a dismissive post about other's opinions.

Edit: it took me so long to write this in a neutral voice that they aren't even here anymore!

• Global Moderator

@arglebarglefooferah

Despite the ominous phrase in my signature bar. I'm just here to keep the peace and nudge us towards healthy discussion habits.

While reset era seems to have a mixed rating from those outside it's bubble, the general rule here is just try and keep it positive and constructive. No one's being banned for specifically saying that they think this is no big deal, it's all in the delivery.

Just like the joke that started this whole mess, delivery is everything.

EDIT: I see you've deleted your account. Whelp. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I guess he could not "get over it" LOL

• I'm glad this thread happened.
    Sorry not sorry for my outburst, but I've just become so tired of the back and forth with those who choose to be willfully ignorant of the issues being discussed.
    Perhaps I took it a bit more personally than I should have, but as a wise sage once said...
    ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• This post is deleted!

• @ochi they do have problems with over moderation. Personally why I can’t stand it. I mean I remember gaf banned a guy from xseed because of his stance for not censoring games. And I imagine era is the exact same way

• Banned

man this thread has been great

for the record i co-sign all of @Mcgeezaks statements

• Global Moderator

@david-berishaj Either you didn't read my post addressed to @Mcgeezaks or you don't care. Either way, there is no excuse and therefore receiving the same punishment.

• @tokyoslim said in Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes:

@sheria Unless you're talking about how cosmically nothing we do matters and good and bad are human constructs (which is esoteric as hell, but bullshit in context), that's a disingenuous argument to make in this circumstance.

• @sheria Yes?

Were you going to make an argument that there's no such thing as being "considerate" to other people because there are no boundaries in society that tell us what is and isn't unacceptable? I'm eager to hear this, since it can be pretty easily proven false by the existence of like, society itself.

• @tokyoslim said in Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes:

@sheria Yes?

Were you going to make an argument that there's no such thing as being "considerate" to other people because there are no boundaries in society that tell us what is and isn't unacceptable? I'm eager to hear this, since it can be pretty easily proven false by the existence of like, society itsel

I follow the same as you do, even restraining myself when necessary. Why would I'm I ever go jmop

• @sheria said in Cyperpunk twitter account makes a transphobic joke and apologizes:

Why would I'm I ever go jmop

Not sure what that's supposed to say, but
    thank you for your consideration and restraint... :)

• I also gotta point out how ironic Austin Walker is complaining about the "assume my gender joke" yet on his twitter you can look up his preferred pronoun. Because you shouldn't have assumed it of course!

• This post is deleted!