Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC)

• The kickstarter PAGE never said anything other than Windows PC as far as the promises go. They clearly thought they were GOING to release on Steam up until recently, and have admitted as much.

The Fangamer "backer survey" where people selected which reward they wanted that they sent out afterwards said Steam specifically - but also mentioned that "specs may change during development". Not officially promised on the kickstarter though AFAIK.

Not saying it doesn't suck, but as long as they deliver a "Windows PC" version of the game, I think they fulfill their kickstarter promise.

• @bard91

Ahhh. I remembered it just saying PC but I can't fully recall because it was forever ago and I picked PS4 anyways.

• @tokyoslim are you sure? I don't know myself but I've read all over the place that the kickstarter specifically mentioned Steam, including the receipts that backers got.

• They are talking about the fangamer backer survey. The Kickstarter ended in July of 2015. Kickstarter rewards are not allowed to be altered once people have money on them. Look for yourself.

In KS blog updates later, they mentioned Steam, and in the fangamer backer survey they mentioned Steam, but on the actual kickstarter rewards tiers Steam is never mentioned.

Copied/Pasted directly from the "rewards" section of the kickstarter:
    Digital copy of Shenmue 3 for PC or PS4.
    Includes the $5 Reward.

Physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case (PC only).
    Includes the $5 Reward.

Choose one of the following: 1. PS4 Physical Copy 2. PS4 Digital Copy 3. Windows PC Physical Copy 4. Windows PC Digital Copy.
    Digital copy of the Trial version for PC

Your name in the credits.
    Includes the $5 Reward.
    International phone card (in-game item)

So theoretically, if they deliver a Windows PC physical copy and a pc Digital copy, and a PS4 physical and digital copies, they have fulfilled the kickstarter .

The fangamer backer survey allowed you to select a Steam key. The blog post that later detailed the system requirements listed a Steam account. Neither of those things were specified on the actual kickstarter though. And the Steam system requirement had a disclaimer along with the other PC requirements that it may change in development.

• ALSO - The riveting Shenmue 3 game play we've all waited so long for:

Youtube Video – [01:18..]

• Youtube Video

here the gameplay looking good.

• @dipset said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

https://www.pcgamer.com/shenmue-3-is-a-1-year-epic-exclusive-publisher-looking-into-kickstarter-refunds/

"This is going to help with the development of Shenmue and ensure it's going to be the best Shenmue in over a decade."

It's... the only Shenmue in over a decade though.

Glad to see they're at least "looking into" refunds even if I expect jack shit to come outta it.

• Turtle racing is hype af.

• The whole thing with Steam/Epic is shitty and I hope they can work out refunds or still getting keys for steam just for pre orders (thought this is what happened with Metro, people who pre ordered on steam still got steam versions on release). That being said I'm liking what I'm seeing in these videos and Huber's impressions were great. I'm ready for a cozy adventure.