Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC)

• They are talking about the fangamer backer survey. The Kickstarter ended in July of 2015. Kickstarter rewards are not allowed to be altered once people have money on them. Look for yourself.

In KS blog updates later, they mentioned Steam, and in the fangamer backer survey they mentioned Steam, but on the actual kickstarter rewards tiers Steam is never mentioned.

Copied/Pasted directly from the "rewards" section of the kickstarter:
    Digital copy of Shenmue 3 for PC or PS4.
    Includes the $5 Reward.

Physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case (PC only).
    Includes the $5 Reward.

Choose one of the following: 1. PS4 Physical Copy 2. PS4 Digital Copy 3. Windows PC Physical Copy 4. Windows PC Digital Copy.
    Digital copy of the Trial version for PC

Your name in the credits.
    Includes the $5 Reward.
    International phone card (in-game item)

So theoretically, if they deliver a Windows PC physical copy and a pc Digital copy, and a PS4 physical and digital copies, they have fulfilled the kickstarter .

The fangamer backer survey allowed you to select a Steam key. The blog post that later detailed the system requirements listed a Steam account. Neither of those things were specified on the actual kickstarter though. And the Steam system requirement had a disclaimer along with the other PC requirements that it may change in development.

• ALSO - The riveting Shenmue 3 game play we've all waited so long for:

Youtube Video – [01:18..]

• Youtube Video

here the gameplay looking good.

• @dipset said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

https://www.pcgamer.com/shenmue-3-is-a-1-year-epic-exclusive-publisher-looking-into-kickstarter-refunds/

"This is going to help with the development of Shenmue and ensure it's going to be the best Shenmue in over a decade."

It's... the only Shenmue in over a decade though.

Glad to see they're at least "looking into" refunds even if I expect jack shit to come outta it.

• Turtle racing is hype af.

• The whole thing with Steam/Epic is shitty and I hope they can work out refunds or still getting keys for steam just for pre orders (thought this is what happened with Metro, people who pre ordered on steam still got steam versions on release). That being said I'm liking what I'm seeing in these videos and Huber's impressions were great. I'm ready for a cozy adventure.

• There is a new clip in introduction trailer (I think. Haven't seen it before) for Yu Suzuki at Japan Expo. Might be too spoilery if you don't want to know. (@15:57 mark)

• Nevermind. It looks like it's from that Wallmart teaser that was shown off-screen before

• Just watched Huber and Brad's stream of the backer demo. I'm glad to see that the game's in a pretty good state. I love the vibes of the village, it's so expressive, they did a good job considering the kickstarter budget. The soundtrack is great too.

Also, it's so heartwarming seeing Huber and Brad really enjoying themselves. Can't believe that it's been 4 years since that legendary E3 moment.

• Youtube Video

yeah it looks really really good. i like how they improve controls and camera from previous games.

• Game Informer did some coverage for this, and as always there's the rapid fire questions that everyone loves, but I want to highlight this video specifically since I really enjoyed it.

Youtube Video

Here's the rapid fire questions:

Youtube Video

That Huber betrayal at 3:14 though, lol. Yu's description doesn't sound like Huber's reaction.

• Seems Huber has started his journey.

• Review is out!
    Youtube Video

• I liked previous games because they were too ambitious and show shops close and open at time. this one is just indie game posses as AAA.

its wayy too clunky and boring. if shenmue 4 happen. it need to be big budget game.

• I agree with Bcell. We should completely ignore what Shenmue is and just turn it into a big budget action blockbuster for absolutely no reason at all.

• As a huge Shenmue fan I've really been enjoying Shenmue 3. While the combat system is a little lacking (I always like grabbing/throwing people in brawlers) I actually really enjoy how the gameplay mechanics play into the roleplay. I always try to RP in single player narrative games and the fact that stamina/health deplete when running forces the player to take it slow and walk around. Forces you to engage with the games economy that you didn't really have to in the previous games. I'm still early in but man im still in love with this series. I love these NPC and their fantastically awful VO.

• @el-shmiablo said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

I agree with Bcell. We should completely ignore what Shenmue is and just turn it into a big budget action blockbuster for absolutely no reason at all.

shenmue 1 and 2 were most expensive games of its time. come on. this on other hand feel like 2003 game with outdated controls .

games like this need insane amount of money instead of crowd funding. crowd funding never works. see star citizen. that game will remain forever in beta.

shenmue 4 should be funded and develop by sega. but there wont be shenmue 4 because shenmue 3 failed in sales.

• @b-cell Shenmue has always been an incredibly niche series. 3 remains very true to the series.
    You want the games to become something they aren't. Having a stupidly huge budget for no reason isn't suddenly going to make the game better when it has achieved what is set out to achieve.
    I don't even understand why you play these types of games when you know you will hate them.
    Oh yeah. Because you are just here to troll. I forgot.