Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC)

• Youtube Video

here the gameplay looking good.

• @dipset said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

https://www.pcgamer.com/shenmue-3-is-a-1-year-epic-exclusive-publisher-looking-into-kickstarter-refunds/

"This is going to help with the development of Shenmue and ensure it's going to be the best Shenmue in over a decade."

It's... the only Shenmue in over a decade though.

Glad to see they're at least "looking into" refunds even if I expect jack shit to come outta it.

• Turtle racing is hype af.

• The whole thing with Steam/Epic is shitty and I hope they can work out refunds or still getting keys for steam just for pre orders (thought this is what happened with Metro, people who pre ordered on steam still got steam versions on release). That being said I'm liking what I'm seeing in these videos and Huber's impressions were great. I'm ready for a cozy adventure.

• There is a new clip in introduction trailer (I think. Haven't seen it before) for Yu Suzuki at Japan Expo. Might be too spoilery if you don't want to know. (@15:57 mark)

• Nevermind. It looks like it's from that Wallmart teaser that was shown off-screen before

• Just watched Huber and Brad's stream of the backer demo. I'm glad to see that the game's in a pretty good state. I love the vibes of the village, it's so expressive, they did a good job considering the kickstarter budget. The soundtrack is great too.

Also, it's so heartwarming seeing Huber and Brad really enjoying themselves. Can't believe that it's been 4 years since that legendary E3 moment.

• Youtube Video

yeah it looks really really good. i like how they improve controls and camera from previous games.

• Game Informer did some coverage for this, and as always there's the rapid fire questions that everyone loves, but I want to highlight this video specifically since I really enjoyed it.

Youtube Video

Here's the rapid fire questions:

Youtube Video

That Huber betrayal at 3:14 though, lol. Yu's description doesn't sound like Huber's reaction.

• Seems Huber has started his journey.

• Review is out!
    Youtube Video

• I liked previous games because they were too ambitious and show shops close and open at time. this one is just indie game posses as AAA.

its wayy too clunky and boring. if shenmue 4 happen. it need to be big budget game.

• I agree with Bcell. We should completely ignore what Shenmue is and just turn it into a big budget action blockbuster for absolutely no reason at all.

• As a huge Shenmue fan I've really been enjoying Shenmue 3. While the combat system is a little lacking (I always like grabbing/throwing people in brawlers) I actually really enjoy how the gameplay mechanics play into the roleplay. I always try to RP in single player narrative games and the fact that stamina/health deplete when running forces the player to take it slow and walk around. Forces you to engage with the games economy that you didn't really have to in the previous games. I'm still early in but man im still in love with this series. I love these NPC and their fantastically awful VO.

• @el-shmiablo said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

I agree with Bcell. We should completely ignore what Shenmue is and just turn it into a big budget action blockbuster for absolutely no reason at all.

shenmue 1 and 2 were most expensive games of its time. come on. this on other hand feel like 2003 game with outdated controls .

games like this need insane amount of money instead of crowd funding. crowd funding never works. see star citizen. that game will remain forever in beta.

shenmue 4 should be funded and develop by sega. but there wont be shenmue 4 because shenmue 3 failed in sales.

• @b-cell Shenmue has always been an incredibly niche series. 3 remains very true to the series.
    You want the games to become something they aren't. Having a stupidly huge budget for no reason isn't suddenly going to make the game better when it has achieved what is set out to achieve.
    I don't even understand why you play these types of games when you know you will hate them.
    Oh yeah. Because you are just here to troll. I forgot.

• @el-shmiablo said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

@b-cell Shenmue has always been an incredibly niche series. 3 remains very true to the series.
    You want the games to become something they aren't. Having a stupidly huge budget for no reason isn't suddenly going to make the game better when it has achieved what is set out to achieve.
    I don't even understand why you play these types of games when you know you will hate them.
    Oh yeah. Because you are just here to troll. I forgot.

then why not complete a story?

then why there is always ended in cliffhanger?

they should have wrapped up the story. in third game because sega wont fund for shenmue 4 or no one want to wait for 20 years later for another sequel. thats my point.

big budget can help as previous 2 games had massive budget.

• @b-cell said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

It had a chance to break through as a new game back then and even then, it didn't manage it. Shenmue III doesn't just follow up to an 18 year old series, but it also plays a very risky game that so few sequels take, in that it basically wants you to have played the first two games already. I feel quite positive in saying that a huge budget would not have helped it sell much better and it just couldn't possibly survive trying to do what it aimed for back then. If It's literally going to exist at all, this is the best you're going to get sorry.

• @sheria said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

@b-cell said in Shenmue 3 (PS4/PC):

It had a chance to break through as a new game back then and even then, it didn't manage it. Shenmue III doesn't just follow up to an 18 year old series, but it also plays a very risky game that so few sequels take, in that it basically wants you to have played the first two games already. I feel quite positive in saying that a huge budget would not have helped it sell much better and it just couldn't possibly survive trying to do what it aimed for back then. If It's literally going to exist at all, this is the best you're going to get sorry.

I never seen in history happened before that a game that is huge big budget game get sequel that is just indie game.

i would be glad if they wind up the story because this game flop in sales chances for shenmue 4 is not any time soon. guess this story will never be finished.

suzuki should have completed it in third game which exist by miracle.

and yes big budget work. this game dialogues are too repetetive. animation are too dull. characterization just suck compare to first 2 which i only played HD version last year and was impressed what it was like in year 1999 as no game was like that. plus Ryo in this game has personality of cardboad. NPCs here are too robotic too.

ambitious games like shenmue need budget. less budget. game suffered.