The EZA Forum Top 10 Towns

• Hey, I've had this idea for a while and thought now was as good a time as ever, so here it is! This is the forum's list of the top 10 towns in video games.

Here's how it works:

I need you to either private message me or email me at capnbobamouseza@gmail.com 10 of your favorite towns in games. They do NOT need to be in any particular order, I just need 10.

Criteria:

These need to be towns, not cities. I know that can be kind of a slippery slope, so if you are on the fence feel free to put it in your list anyway, and I will let you know if you need to change it. There is no rule stating that you can only do one town per game, so if all of your favorite towns are from Breath of the Wild, then go ahead and put them in your list.

Now this is the first time I've done this, and while I think I have worked out all the kinks, I might not have. Sorry in advance if I've made some sort of mistake in the grading process. Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to champion a certain town in this discussion. Now is the time to let people know which towns are the best.

You have until September 6 to get your lists in to me, and it will probably take me another week to get it all put together. I will give updates on how many lists I have gotten throughout the week. Good luck!

*edit I accidentally put August instead of September. My bad

**edit new rule: I don't require 10. 10 is still the limit, but if you can't think of that much, just send me what you have.

• Also, I forgot to put this in the original post, but if you have any suggestions on how the ranking system should work, I'm all ears. As of right now, I have it so each game on an individual list gets 1 point, and if a single game is on two lists it gets two points, and so on. This was the best thing I could think of for a top ten list, but please let me know if you have a system that works better.

• Bump.
    Are we up to this here? I mean the idea sounds fascinating, especially considering the recent EZA video. Should we list some towns here together maybe first?

• I mean, personally I reckon that Pokémon could be given some love when it comes to best towns around - providing respite from the bombardment of trainers & wild Pokémon you face on each route/cave (particularly in the older games).

If we're strictly going for 'towns' (no places named 'city' allowed) I'd definitely throw somewhere like Lavender Town (Pkmn R/B/Y) in there! It's famous for one particularly scary feature (that music!), but for me it always comes as such a relief after the arduous path through Rock Tunnel, particularly if you didn't get the Flash HM and didn't bring Repels!

Also think Azalea Town (Pkmn G/S/C & HG/SS) could be a good shout. A serene town that you rescue from the threat of Team Rocket!

Outside of Pokémon these are a couple of potential suggestions:

• Armadillo (Red Dead Redemption)
    • Kalm (Final Fantasy VII)
    • Yongen-Jaya (Persona 5)
    • Tilted Towers (Fortnite: Battle Royale)
    • Grandport (Octopath Traveler)
    • Sandover Village (Jak & Daxter: The Precursor's Legacy)
    • Skyhold (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
    • Clock Town (LoZ: Majora's Mask) - made the EZA list
    • Hyrule Castle Town (LoZ: Ocarina of Time)

Might be really rubbish shouts, but hey-ho - just to help get us rolling! :)

• Just pointing out that Dobuita in Shenmue isn't a town. It's a street.

• Here are some to consider, mostly non-RPGs.

• Cosmo Canyon (FF VII)
    • Rocket Town (FF VII)
    • Spargus (Jak 3)
    • The Village (Resident Evil 4)
    • Masyaf (Assassin's Creed)
    • Megaton (Fallout 3)
    • Tibetan Village (Uncharted 2)
    • Monteriggioni (Assassin's Creed II)
    • Davenport Homestead (Assassin's Creed III)
    • Bill's Town (The Last of Us)
    • Lakeside Resort (The Last of Us)
    • Sandy Shores (GTA V)
    • Paleto Bay (GTA V)
    • Great Inagua (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag)
    • Oxenfurt (The Witcher III: Wild Hunt)
    • Crow's Perch (The Witcher III: Wild Hunt)
    • Siwa (Assassin's Creed Origins)

• In regards to what @RARMSTAR said, while I do think it is typically good to assume something with city in the title doesn't count, it depends much more on size rather than title.

For instance, Rivet City from Fallout 3 I would consider a town because it's so small.

• @capnbobamous How about Diamond City from Fallout 4? Can we agree that it's a town due to it's size?

• @bam541 Absolutely. That is a town.

• Aside from Diamond City, i would also like to shout-out other towns.

• Sapienza (Hitman 2016)
    • Goodsprings (Fallout New Vegas)
    • Goodneighbor (Fallout 4)
    • Neuhof (Kingdom Come Deliverance)

• I would like to shout out Pelican Town from Stardew Valley. It is easily the most jolly town I've lived in in a game.

• Also not sure any of the locations in P5 count, since they are just neighborhoods inside Tokyo.

• @tokyoslim I agree, they're all just parts of the city IMO. A similar example are the districts from Hekseville and Jinga Para Lhao from Gravity Rush.

• @bam541 City is in the name. its gotta consider itself a town.

• Persona 5 may not count but you better believe Inaba from P4 does.

• Thinking of towns is not that easy tbh, specially when I'm not at my house and I don't have my games in front of me, but I could at least think of the following ones.

Inaba - Persona 4
    Raftfleet - Suikoden V
    Trista - Trails of Cold Steel
    Castway Village - Ys 8
    Pooka Village - Odin Sphere

Pooka Village is basically just a single screen with two restaurants in it (with amazing looking food) but it is so incredibly cozy.

I also thought of the first village in Shovel Knight but I was dissapointed to find out it doesn't have a proper name.

• Global Moderator

note: You should consider making your top 10 list in google forms instead of having people email you lists. It'll output to an excel style sheet for you to look at

Otherwise for now the only town I'll nominate is the town of Greenvale. Despite the darkness hiding within it, there's just also so much unique character to it all.

• Arcadia Bay is a town

• I'm having trouble coming up with 10.

The picturesque port town of Anvil in Oblivion has always been one of my favorites though. You can also own a lovely house there after you chase the ghosts out

• New rule: I do not require 10 towns from each of you. I originally instated that rule so that there were enough nominated towns to make a proper list, but I foresee it being difficult for many people to even come up with ten for this topic.

Now, though I do not necessarily require ten from you, it would still be greatly appreciated. Also, ten is still the limit, so you can't send me a list with 11 or more towns.

Thanks!