Streets of Rage 4 is a real thing that's happening

• Worth it's own thread, baby!

Announcement trailer
    Youtube Video

Lizardcube, Guard Crush Games and Dotemu are thrilled to present Streets of Rage 4.

Featuring hand-drawn visuals from the team behind 2017’s gorgeous Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap remake, Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages with a serious crime problem.

Buckle up! No release date yet, but get that sharpie ready!

• This is a pleasant out-of-nowhere surprise. The art style looks pretty good, but i'm still skeptical. I need Huber to put out some impressions if he ever gets the chance to play this someday.

• All I know is they best have a soundtrack by Yuzo.

• @el-shmiablo
    it's some new guy named Uzyo

• Unbelievable! After over 20 years, a new Streets of Rage that is official! First Bayonetta 3, next Darksiders 3, then DMC5, and now this. I never felt more happy in my life. People and "critics" said it was impossible, but all of these developers are making the impossible, possible. All we need now is a new Final Fight and Ninja Gaiden and everything will be complete. The 2D/3D brawler genre is back bitches!

The only questions in my mind is "Where's Adam and Eddie (Sammy if you're Japanese)"Skate" Hunter?".

• Impressions here

Sounding good so far.

• @mbun I'm satisfited too, but I disagree with the writer's opinion on Skate. It would not be the same without him either.

• Not hating, just giving impressions: I'm not a huge fan of the art style. It doesn't look bad but it just looks like the same pallet as Power Rangers, Castle Crashers etc and not as grimy as I've come to expect from Streets of Rage. BUT that doesn't matter so long as it plays well and has Max. I also really hope it sells well and convinces Capcom to revive Final Fight. I may dream too much.