EZA curates September games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for sharing new games coming out in September... what are you personal picks/interests of the month?

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list (or a swanky desire index) of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Going into more detail:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's one text list. Feel free to post other lists or list videos that you find useful.
    • Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• Global Moderator

I got my eyes on Zone of the Enders 2: MARS. Just a shame Im going away for a week when it releases here. So gonna have to wait a week before I can play it. Will prolly do a full playthrough stream when I get back though.

• I'm going full pleb and plunking down the dosh for the Destiny 2 expansion, Forsaken.
    I was a fan of the first game despite the egregious milking of expansions, and was pretty adamant about not falling for it again with the second game, but getting the base for free through PS Plus was enough to get me to throw some of my hard earned birthday money at Forsaken.
    The Taken King was Destiny 1's turning point, and Forsaken is feeling like D2's TTK. I played a bit of the base game last night and instantly fell back into that familiar gameplay loop. The world absolutely drools atmosphere ( the introductory level for Titan in particular was pretty stunning imo) and the gunplay is just as good as the first game, if not better. Also, DEM GUN SOUNDS. I found an elemental SMG that when I fire it I pee a little bit because it makes my headphones rattle my fucking brain.

Yeah. I was going to grab Spidey this month but I think I'll wait. If the past few Sony hits are any indication, I'll be able to grab it for 14 bux in a year anyway.

• I will just be playing Spider-Man. All month.
    It will be amazing.

• Aside from the "Obvious 2" (Spider-Man and DQXI), there's only one other game i'm interested in - Insurgency: Sandstorm. It's a multiplayer FPS games with a good focus on realism, not as realistic as military simulators like the ARMA series. It seems to strike a balance between Counter-Strike and those kinds of simulators. It uses the magazine system for the ammo, not counting each bullets like you normally see in games. You can peek around corners, breach doorways, customize character and guns. The sound design is pretty intense, it sounds frantic and chaotic. For a 30$ game it looks very good IMO, and it will be released on PC this September 18, the console versions are delayed to early 2019. I want to play this on consoles, but i might cave in and buy the PC version. That depends on the minimum required specs though.

Youtube Video

• Don't forget about the other great JRPG coming out this month

alt text

• I’m only interested in Tomb Raider. Loved the first two games and I hope there is a lot of combat in the new one.

• @bam541 Nice, I did not know that was coming out haha. I dug the first quite a bit so if this one is a bit more refined it'll probably be pretty great.

From a strictly controls standpoint, I'd recommend getting it for PC. I've never tried, but I feel like these types of shooters would be pretty tough on console. I bet PC will have a bigger player base too

• @faaip Yeah, PC will be the best way to play for this game. I only have a laptop though, it's good enough for games made 4 years ago but now i'm not so sure. It's heavily bottlenecked by the low-tier GPU.

• Getting Insurgency on PS4 only because my friendgroup is.
    I agree PC is far and away the superior way to enjoy the game, but I'd rather have a consistent group of non-fucknozzles to play with than enjoy it on PC by my lonely.

• @bam541 Ah yeah, I gamed on a laptop through college. I know the struggle haha

• I totally forgot about shadow of the tomb raider.

• Only thing coming out in September for me is Valkyria Chronicles 4, though I wont be picking that up for a long time, most likely next year due to my back log and then games like Red Dead in october and KH3 in January

• Gambit is a very fun game type in Destiny. Its PVPVE. Two teams compete to kill waves of enemies in seperate arenas. When you kill enemies they drop "motes" which you can feed to a machine that will, depending on the amount of motes you've banked, send a "blocker" which essentially shuts down their machine until a high level enemy is defeated. You can also spend your motes to activate a portal that will allow you yourself to invade the enemy's arena. First the fill the machine and defeat a boss wins.