The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2000!

• @neocweeny only 4 of those are on my list. Also,
    Shenmue isn't 2000.

• @neocweeny if the Sims is that low I will shave off my eyebrows.

• @tokyoslim We're looking at NA/EU release dates.

@capnbobamous That's a wild one for me, I have no idea what this community thoughts are on The Sims.

• @capnbobamous you better show proof if it happens

• @capnbobamous I wouldn't make that bet. With this group I think 10 is a good bet.

Command and Conquer Red Alert is my fave strategy game, used to play it all the time at school. It's better than 2, imo, but my love of it gave it an honorable mention.

• I'm beginning to think I may have made a mistake...

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Oh, I thought Shenmue was 2001. Still probably wouldn't have cracked my top 15.

• Perfect Dark

#10. Perfect Dark - 18 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Chocobop)
    #2: 1 (E_Zed_Eh_Intern)
    #3: 1 (NeoCweeny)
    #4: 1 (Ringedwithtile)
    HM: 4 (Capnbobamous, Enzo88, Bigdude1, CptCobblePot)

Information

Release date: May 22 [US], June 30 [EU]
    Developer: Rare
    Publisher: Rare
    Genre: First-person shooter, Stealth
    Platform(s): Nintendo 64

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• @neocweeny Oh god i forgot that Shenmue released in the 2000s in the west! Would have been easily my number one, holy hell my list is compromised beyond belief! I'm forever ashamed of my recklessness...

• I'm surprised that Perfect Dark isn't higher, never played it myself but have heard tons of good things about it. I'll probably love it if i ever played it back then.

• Perfect Dark is hands down my favorite console FPS. Almost all of the missions are very memorable to me and the soundtrack is excellent.

• Aaw man I completely forgot about Perfect Dark, I feel bad that I didn't put it on my list.

It still remains as one of my favorite FPS titles and I'm glad it made it to top 10!

• Perfect Dark would have been my 5th HM.
    Personally prefer it to GoldenEye.

• Question about the Spyro games, are they good? I was a little too old for them when I had my ps1 so I have no nostalgia for them

Anyone gone back and played them recently for the first time?

• @acardattack Really solid platformers. Moving around the game world as Spyro feels SO good. Memorable characters, boss fights, and game worlds.

They are a tiny little repetitive in nature sometimes, but often that can't be helped. And that is balanced most of the time with unique minigames and challenges, especially in Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon.

I played through those games, especially 1, many many times, because they are very good.

• Perfect Dark, the last FPS I really got into. Not to say I don't still play them but this one was every day for a very long time. I always liked to get outside during summer vacation but this is the one game that kept me locked inside for days. The same 2 friends would call every morning and the conversation would be:
    "Hey".
    "Hey".
    "PD?"
    "Yup"
    (click)
    They'd show up, we'd indulge in Vancouver's favourite pastime and then PD until going out at night. Only break for cheez-whiz toast, kool-aid or to run to the park to quickly hit the pipe then run back for more PD. I can't say whether I prefer this or goldeneye but fortunately, they were released separate years so I don't have to decide today.
    This would have been my number 1 up to maybe 5 years ago but I feel it's aged slightly worse than my #1 and I'm slightly more hesitant to go back to it with the often brutal slowdown. Still love it though, one of the defining games of my youth.

• There was a loooong list of games released in 2000 in the voting thread to make sure nobody would forget any games this time, I'm sad :(

• On Perfect Dark, I'm little surprised as well it's place being a little lower than I thought it would be, but as always, can never fully predict how these threads will play out! While I never owned an N64, this is one of those quintessential titles from the console that should be on the shortlist of an N64 Classic (if licensing and ownership rights weren't in the way).

@ACardAttack I believe so, but it all depends on the person. For me, the first game shows its age after playing the others because it doesn't have gameplay features (like hovering), but I enjoy chasing the thieves and releasing the dragons. The second introduces nice side objectives (which practically are not at all in the first) and a little bit more story whereas the third really leans into the whole world narrative and a refocus on dragon eggs. They play alright for what they are though.

@Axel Why are you sad? People forget prominent games or an entry not getting enough love?